• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

New to the board and just wanted to say hello.

RedskinsBBQ

Hey all,

Just came across this board after someone posted on FB and wanted to say hi. Im a life long Skins hailing from Central Florida (via Puerto Rico - My dad was in the military and he was first stationed at Belvoir in the early 80s to learn English and that is where I was born. First pro sports game was a Redskins game and he fell in love with the team and raised me the right way).

I have strayed away from social media for the most part in recent times to avoid all the negativity in this world and aimed at our Redskins/Football team especially from so-called fans. I am a die hard and will always HTTR/FT and its cool to find like minded individual and am hoping that his could be my new home. Im one who is all for fair criticism and just being "real" but you will never see/hear me giving up on our team or fans. Cheers to all and I hope you have a great week!

Welcome aboard !! I'm going to guess your part of the Orlando Redskins FB group as well !!

That I am (my buddy started the group actually) and post quite a bit (compared to others) and its not nearly as negative as some of the other groups so that's a plus haha. :)

Even though you are a new member, don't be shy to jump in and post, we welcome it !!

Hey all,

Just came across this board after someone posted on FB and wanted to say hi. Im a life long Skins hailing from Central Florida (via Puerto Rico - My dad was in the military and he was first stationed at Belvoir in the early 80s to learn English and that is where I was born. First pro sports game was a Redskins game and he fell in love with the team and raised me the right way).

I have strayed away from social media for the most part in recent times to avoid all the negativity in this world and aimed at our Redskins/Football team especially from so-called fans. I am a die hard and will always HTTR/FT and its cool to find like minded individual and am hoping that his could be my new home. Im one who is all for fair criticism and just being "real" but you will never see/hear me giving up on our team or fans. Cheers to all and I hope you have a great week!

Welcome to the site. We have been here for over a decade and have a great group of folks. We agree to leave politics and other volatile topics at the door when we come in. I grew up in Franconia in the 60's and 70's... we used to hop on my Dad's Vespa with him and go out to Belvoir to feed the horses they kept out there. Sounds like you will fit right in here. We also host game chats here and encourage you to join in if you like. Again - welcome! :cheers:

Yeah, buddy. Welcome aboard! Please start posting..we need new blood and a fresh perspective!

Just beware of that Silent Threat dude...

New guy here saying hello to my B&GO brothers and sisters!

Glad you found us! Post away and we look forward to getting to know you :cheers:

Welcome! Glad you're here.

Look around. Join the discussions. Make yourself to home!

G'day all, Oz based fan here. I googled WC forums and yours' was the only one that claimed to have "intelligent" members so here I am ;)
I've been a Redskins (am I still allowed to say that?) fan since the days of Theismann and Riggins. It's been a tough old road following a franchise that, let's be honest, has been a bit of a basket case for a fair while now.
Anyway, hoping for brighter days ahead. Starting with a win against NYG this Sunday (y)
Hail to the ..... hmmm, is that still a thing ?

Welcome aboard, Ozhog!!!
Yup we all still HTTR 😀
Come join us for the game chat tomorrow! It’s a lot of fun!

G'day all, Oz based fan here. I googled WC forums and yours' was the only one that claimed to have "intelligent" members so here I am ;)
I've been a Redskins (am I still allowed to say that?) fan since the days of Theismann and Riggins. It's been a tough old road following a franchise that, let's be honest, has been a bit of a basket case for a fair while now.
Anyway, hoping for brighter days ahead. Starting with a win against NYG this Sunday (y)
Hail to the ..... hmmm, is that still a thing ?
Welcome and good luck with the time difference. 😉

The team is now only Washington to me but will always be the Redskins in my heart!

Welcome and glad you found us! :cheers:

There are a lot of us from your era here. If you need any help with anything, just give a shout.

Last edited:
Thanks guys! As Chris alluded to, the time difference kinda puts the kybosh on me joining the matchday stuff as I'm not really a morning person :sleep:
I don't really get to watch many games these days as the team don't seem to be the darlings of the media that some other clubs tend to be. I saw the Bears game earlier in the season - what a disappointment that was!
I went looking for a forum recently in the hope of finding out why the decision was made to trade away Young and Sweat when DL seemed to be the strong point of the team. The chat I found here relating to that helped make a bit more sense out of it, thanks (y)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.