• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

New Owner - does it matter who?

I'm not suggesting that uber-rich = instant on-field success, SkinsOrlando. Not in the least.

I am suggesting that other than Bezos, the names being thrown around right now will have to stretch to buy the team, which may mean having issues doing anything else for a while and this team needs those other things taken care of as much as it needs a new owner.

I'm willing to wager that with a different owner, local and state governments will be happy to handle some or most of the costs for new facilities especially in that area of the Beltway, they piss money away on corporate sports welfare projects all the time, they just weren't willing to share a urinal with the midget.

You also have to question how focused on Washington an owner who owns other major pro sports teams can be?

You also have to question how focused on Washington an owner who owns other major pro sports teams can be?

History has shown not good results for those who own multiple sports entities, I must concur.

Snyder bought out his minority partners (40%) two years ago for 875 million. That would make the value of the team, at that point, about 2.2 billion.

Times have changed.

The Houston Rockets are the worst team in the NBA currently. Their home attendance is also bottom three.

I know Fertitta owns the great culinary destination that is the Bubba Gump Shrimp Co. but still…

The Houston Rockets are the worst team in the NBA currently. Their home attendance is also bottom three.

I know Fertitta owns the great culinary destination that is the Bubba Gump Shrimp Co. but still…

Wasn't that way during the Harden years, that is a lesson of what happens when you cater to one player too much and they bounce, similar to Cleveland both times with Lebron, takes years to restock. NBA is also a weird place due to the luxury tax, the teams that don't care can build a winner for a few years, eat it, then dismantle and 5 years later get back in it. Now I don't watch much NBA but I read about the financial side of it because I find the insanity interesting and now MLB is going the same way.

Also I'd be surprised to see one individual involved in the sale, there'll be the figurehead and majority owner but at 6 billion, me thinks it'll be a group regardless whose at the top. I wonder if Joe Gibbs can get Toyota to front him a 6 billion loan (tongue and cheek) I'd find it unlikely at his age and all he's been through he'd want any part of owning an NFL team where he's the major investor or figure head.

This sounds correct to me, so bottom line, if Snyder is determined not to sell to Bezos regardless if his bid, nothing that can be done about it. And trying to force him out could be the worst thing to happen because it could get tied up in court for years. Still the possibility this is all a ploy to get Bezos to pay through the nose, but short of that, he may not be a viable candidate if Snyder is so petty that even money is secondary.

I don’t believe that the other owners have any interest in forcing a sale, primarily due to the precedent it would establish. I also doubt that they have any desire for the smoke that Snyder would unleash.

Maybe if there is something stunning in the MJW investigation that is being held back or if the Virginia AG files criminal charges. Then maybe.

The first order of business for whoever the new owner ia must be to burn the costume of Major Tuddy and erase any mention of said disastrous mascot decision.

I have a feeling we will be stuck with the stupid Commanders brand and all that comes with it unfortunately.

From Forbes:

1678369653973.png

Harris needs financial help. I wouldn’t rale 😉 against this.

Reactions: Om
For those keeping score at home ...

1678370988864.png

Solely for informational purposes ...

Harris and Rales combined net worth of $11.8 billion would rank them tied at 144th richest in the world as of today.

Bezos is third at $117.1.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.