• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

New Name / Logo Concepts

SkinsFanPip

2020 BGO Ballers Champ
Reaction score
I know the name change is a bit of a sore subject for some. I will still wear my Redskins gear without any hesitation.

However, if they do wind up becoming the Redwolves, this logo is bad ass IMO

Do you have any favorites concepts out there?

-SkinsFanPip

1599315595167.png
1599315687608.png

I like some of the Warriors concepts I’ve seen.

On Redwolves ... or RedWolves ... or Red Wolves ... I guess over time I'd get used to it, although all these years later I still find Wizards a bit infantile. If they DO go that way though, I'd like to see a wolf that looks a little less like a Disney plush toy.

This isn't bad, even though they'd have to lose the spearhead:

redwolves.png

This is the one I've liked the best so far ...

redwolves1.png

I still cannot believe this is a thing.

I far prefer 'Warriors'. Some fan-produced logos...

washington_warriors_redskins_rebrand_blue_version_by_greyariadesignstudio_d6pt7v7-fullview.jpg

thumb-17-scaled.jpg

1599405198647.png

cc04f7961d1f532bf2842ba448a246dd.jpg

And one I really like...

logo6.jpg

Hmmmm. My two cents on all this..

I universally hated all the Washington team names from other major sports because they were all so... boring. Or alternatively, stupid.
I hated particularly when the NBA team went from Bullets to Wizards. I mean... Wizards... Ugh.

I also generally dislike teams that have an object as a team name, or a concept. Sometimes they're not too bad, but often I just find them uninteresting.

The think I enjoyed most about being a Redskins fan, is that we had all these traditions, like the fight song. It made our team interesting to me. So I want a team name and a 'logo' that we can forge a similar identity around.
I also don't want our colours to change. For me that would be a step too far to lose both the Redskins name AND the Burgundy and Gold. Nope, don't want it.

As much as I'm kind of digging the 'numbers of the helmets' thing, I would also like a proper logo/mascot. I want something aggressive looking.

My other pet peeve with teams, is when they are so boring they just put the team name on the helmet (hello New York) or a letter (hello Green Bay and Chicago) or just don't bother at all (I'm looking at you Browns!)

I kind of like animal logos, as you can make them look pretty cool and fearsome. So I don't want something like 'Pelicans' or 'Cardinals'.

I'm in on either Warriors or Redwolves to be honest. Probably leaning toward the latter because I think it has the potential to be the cooler of the two. It's kind of clumsy off the tongue at the moment, but I'd get used to it.
I'm a big NBA fan too, so Warriors will always be a Golden State thing with me. Plus I'm not sure it dodges the controversy!

Also...I'm a writer, and I'm about to put my first book out early next year. And that book is a sort of Sci/Fi Fantasy book that has Werewolves in it... so I'm predisposed to the wolf name anyway. LOL

Do you own a Pokédex?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.