• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

NCAA Men's Basketball

Nobody

Super Bowl MVP
Reaction score
Military Branch
Army
I know it's early so far, but the rankings are so screwy this year. More than normal. For starters, Kentucky lost in the first round of the NIT last year, lost most of their team to the draft, and came in preseason ranked number 1? Then have promptly been exposed in short order. Duke, as always, enjoys an unearned high ranking. They have lost both games they played against ranked teams, they barely beat ECU, and they won by a point to Vermont, a completely nothing team. Yet they sit at number 6.

This is something I have never understood. It seems like no matter how bad they perform, the pollsters keep them in the top 10 at all times. Meanwhile, the Tarheels sit ranked 16th, even though they have won a tournament already, and beat Louisville and only have a last second loss on their record. And it isn't a strength of schedule issue, because looking at the schedules, UNC has a significantly tougher schedule than Duke. If it isn't obvious, I'm a Tarheels fan. I just never understood the rankings consistently placing Duke so high even when they are garbage, and keeping UNC down so low. Are all the voters Duke alumni?

And Witchita State 12th? Are you ****ing kidding me? They are in one of the weakest conferences in the country, they play zero ranked teams, and every team on their schedule is a glorified HS team. The fact they are even ranked at all is a joke. Their strength of schedule is 176. They have no place on the list. Especially when the best team on their schedule is Davidson, who is complete shit.

As an MSU alum, I'm rooting Spartans all the way. I was glad to see them get that early season win to push them to #1, though I don't expect them to maintain that all season. As long as they end up with one of the top 4 tournament seeds I see them making the Final Four.

As an MSU alum, I'm rooting Spartans all the way. I was glad to see them get that early season win to push them to #1, though I don't expect them to maintain that all season. As long as they end up with one of the top 4 tournament seeds I see them making the Final Four.
Prepare for the upset in a couple of days. MSU NEVER beats Carolina. MSU is one of those teams like Stanford or Clemson that I always grin about when the game rolls around. Guaranteed victory. It's so bad, I'm convinced Tom Izzo has it eating his brain and throwing him off every time they play. Especially in the tournament, where MSU is UNCs bitch :laugh:

Bet big on Carolina fellas, bet real big. Upset special. And watch Brice Johnson. Even Tarheels fans have no clue who this kid is, but he's gonna put a hurting on the Spartans. The dude's like a combination of Magic Johnson and Dennis Rodman (rebounding, not assholishness).

What an incredible finish for Syracuse! Incredible team winning some incredible games. Ennis is Clutch!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.