• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

NBCSportsNetwork: Turning Point w/ RG3

Memo to opposing defenses:

You make a mistake coming after Robert...

You will regret it.

:)

Memo to opposing defenses:

You make a mistake coming after Robert...

You will regret it.

:)

Isn't that the truth?

I'm to the point of grinning my ass off in anticipation when the pocket collapses. Is that even right??

And the designed draws...man. You're just ****ed if you're on the other side of the LOS. No chance.

My daughter sent me the link a while ago (figured it was posted already - thanks El) and she was lusting all over the 2nd string QB (shown towards the end of the vid). Funny stuff.

RG3 has an absolute understanding of how to read defenses and adjust to them already. He'll only get better. Awesome stuff.

If Minn had hit that double-A-gap blitz right and Robert had looked to make the hot read throw, we might not have converted. Looks like Moss was the hot, and he was clear on the short cross route...if he stays on that route Bob hits him in stride for a good gain. But Moss pivoted and turned back away (into the coverage) in the moment the ball would have had to be thrown.

Just goes to show how quickly the complexion of a game, not to mention season, can change based on the smallest of details.

Just goes to show how quickly the complexion of a game, not to mention season, can change based on the smallest of details.

And it's a wonderful thing to have a QB who can process all that in that split second...and he's only played 6 games in the NFL!

Griff's fundamental understanding of what the other team is trying to do blows me away. Kid is ridiculous!

If Minn had hit that double-A-gap blitz right and Robert had looked to make the hot read throw, we might not have converted. Looks like Moss was the hot, and he was clear on the short cross route...if he stays on that route Bob hits him in stride for a good gain. But Moss pivoted and turned back away (into the coverage) in the moment the ball would have had to be thrown.

Om, looking at that again, it looked to me like Santana recognized the blitz mistake and the hole opening up for Robert and turned and ran the other direction perhaps to draw the defender in the opposite direction from the direction the play was developing.

Serv, I can't get the vid to play here at work (hate when that happens), but that's certainly a possibility. I'll watch again when I get the chance, but my own impression of the play suggests that if that was indeed what Moss was doing, he might have turned in as fast a read/react as we have ever seen. :)

Be fun to dig into that a bit.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.