• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Nathaniel Hackett OUT as HC of the Broncos

SilentThreat

Ring of Fame
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Trade half your draft for Russell Wilson and finish with no better than 6 wins... i guess that'll happen.

Last edited:
The next question is, is Wilson declining so rapidly based on coaching and scheme or are we watching him fall apart mentally and if so can he recover?

When a new owner wants to make a splash. Cautionary tale there.

Denver is leading the league in games lost due to injury though. That team looks nothing like anyone thought it would when the season started.

An experienced owner, who picked Hackett (that part is key), likely sticks with him for another year. A new ownership group who might have wanted "their guy" from Day #1 though? Easy meat when you're not winning.

Whoever gets the job as HC has a major problem on his hands. Russell Wilson 2023 ain't gonna be the guy they thought/hoped he was and paid a king's ransom for. But he is going to count that against their cap regardless.

Ouch.

How much is on Wilson, how much was
Whoever gets the job as HC has a major problem on his hands. Russell Wilson 2023 ain't gonna be the guy they thought/hoped he was and paid a king's ransom for. But he is going to count that against their cap regardless.

Ouch.

How much was on Wilson and how much was on injuries and a HC that was way in over his head? Wilson looked like he had some mojo back in him against the Chiefs.

Maybe, brother ... I actually hope so in fact, because his fall from grace has been hard to watch. But I've also been saying for 2-3 years now I thought his play was markedly declining, so I wasn't disappointed to hear Washington had fallen out of the bidding. Just not sure his ceiling going forward is even 75% of what is was 4-5 years ago. He was as good off-script as anyone I've ever seen, and also able to operate in the pocket and deliver accurately downfield. Maybe he's going to have a rebirth next year, but for now my money is on his being "just a guy" but with a king's salary.

Oh ... and another thing, I am such a huge fan of real honest-to-god NFL-level quarterbacking that losing even one from that limited club is a downer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
We are all excited to experience the announcement of draft selections IN REAL TIME TOGETHER. If you feel the need to be the first to 'blurt out' the team's picks you are better off staying out of chat and sticking to Twitter. Please refrain from announcing/discussing our picks until the official announcement has been made at the podium. Thanks!

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.