• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

My First Book Is Now Available On Amazon

Nobody

Super Bowl MVP
Reaction score
Military Branch
Army
I decided after listening to the advice of too many people, that I would put some of the random hilarity I spew in real life into words to share (or poison) the world with.

I am in the process of publishing several right now, but the first one just went live for the Kindle a few minutes ago.....

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B006CQX6ZC

It is purely a book of humor, so if your funny bone is broken, don't bother :D It should be available on the Nook by the weekend, and I will post the link for that as well.

I would appreciate all the support I can get, and be sure to tell all your friends and family. It's a masterpiece for the ages, I promise ;)

I have a second book coming out in the next few days as well, which is also humor based, and a lot better than the current one, but I have no control over when they release each one.

Anyway, if anyone decides to get it, it's only $2.99. I would appreciate any feedback positive or negative. If you don't like this one, the next one is something that can make anyone laugh their asses off, and if you do like this one just wait, the next one will blow your mind. It's proven to be at least 39% funnier, according to a randomly made up statistic.

I have several regular books lined up to be published as well, I just get a lot more enjoyment out of these humor pieces, so I finished all those first.

Enjoy.

Last edited:
Congrats! Best of luck! Let me know how this plays out an how it works. Self-publishing may be the best mode to go in a world where books are going digital.

That is pretty sweet man. Just ordered it, I will let you know what I think, though it may take some time. I am in the middle of about 7 books right and need to get through some of them before I start another.

Either way, congrats!

Congrats! Best of luck! Let me know how this plays out an how it works. Self-publishing may be the best mode to go in a world where books are going digital.
Thank you, I know you know as good s anyone the amount of stress and joy that can both go into this. I agree 100% though, in a world where everything is going digital, there's no need to go through the headache of hiring an agent to submit manuscripts when you can self publish eBooks on your own if you have the patience.

That is pretty sweet man. Just ordered it, I will let you know what I think, though it may take some time. I am in the middle of about 7 books right and need to get through some of them before I start another.

Either way, congrats!
Thanks brother, every little bit helps. I realize this type of book might not be for everybody, that's why I'm eager to get my next one out. The format is entirely different, and it's a way more in depth approach to humor. My neighbor read it before I reformatted it for the eBooks and said it comes across like a mix of George Carlin and Jon Stewart. Very flattering to me, and a comparison I don't mind a bit :D

If anyone has any ideas for spreading the word other than here and facebook, I'd love to hear them.

Congratulations Extreme. It sounds like your sense of humor is along the satirical, snarky kind I love so well. I'll be getting it and probably the second as well-they both sound like fun reads. I'll let you know what I think.

Good job, my man. :)

Umm... Why should we order it when we get it here with every other post! :laugh:

And congrats!

Congratulations! Good for you. I had no idea that you were even writing one book....let alone several.

Thank you everybody, I appreciate the support. The hangup on Nook was the complex formatting they require, so I had to spend a lot of time reformatting it to work on the Nook. Now that it's finished and I've given my final approval, it's being processed for publishing.

It makes a great digital stocking stuffer :D

And Serv, your humor is exactly like mine, so I am certain you'll love reading it as much as I loved writing it. As for the second book, I am positive you'll be my number one fan, based on those comic sites you linked for me one time :laugh:

That second book is called This Book Sucks. It's a whole book full of the little things in life that really suck and drive people crazy. It's pretty much things that drive most people crazy, but the best way I can put it is that I have a way of expressing my disdain that few people can put into words :) It's definitely something anyone that reads it can relate to, and the book I'm most excited about.

Extreme, is it available in paperback, or hard copy?

I don't have a nook or kindle yet....although I may send the woman out tonight to fight for her life to get one.

I'd love to order it.

Extreme, is it available in paperback, or hard copy?

I don't have a nook or kindle yet....although I may send the woman out tonight to fight for her life to get one.

I'd love to order it.
It's not in print, but I'm hoping that with enough success, that would become a possibility.

Either way, congrats!

ok...you're not going to get away that easily!! which 7 books? is one of them Reckless Endangerment?.....:love:

congrats extreme...I've been thinking of a fiction novel myself with heavy political undertones/social commentary (what else? right?)......need to find time.

impressive!

Fansince, somehow, I picture your writing as being similar to the novels of Tom Clancy which I've liked a lot over the years.

I've been researching Nooks and the Kindle for the last two hours......so many decisions to make.

I like that the 3g gives you internet access anywhere--you don't even need a wifi hot spot. But there are upsides to the other product too.

It's all a matter of personal preference. The best advice I can give you is not to take anyone's word for it. The easiest way you can make the decision is to go to the store and try out both of them. Just because you like what one of them does, doesn't always mean you'll like the look, feel, setup, etc.

Extreme, I'm not sure you know the answer to this, but I'm curious:

When a book sells.....or twenty books sell......does AMZN alert you via email? Do they ping you everytime a book sells? Or just a monthly e-statement kind of thing?

Also, how much of the take do they get? I know 50% is about right for products on QVC or HSN, for example.

Is there a fee to list your book?

Extreme, I'm not sure you know the answer to this, but I'm curious:

When a book sells.....or twenty books sell......does AMZN alert you via email? Do they ping you everytime a book sells? Or just a monthly e-statement kind of thing?

Also, how much of the take do they get? I know 50% is about right for products on QVC or HSN, for example.

Is there a fee to list your book?
There's no fee to list, I get 40%, and I have a sales account to check up my daily/monthly/yearly sales totals. You also have to link everything with your bank account in order to get paid.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.