• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Mom lost her battle with ALS

stevenaa

The Team Captain
Joe Gibbs Club Member
Reaction score
We lost my mom last Sunday. She requested to have food and water removed the week before. Took 7 days. She always was a tough one. About a month ago she lost the ability to walk with her walker. A week or so later she couldn't support her weight when helping her stand. She could still communicate typing on her ipad, but even that was getting difficult. She never wanted to be completely helpless. She was always one to worry about everyone around here, and she continued to do so up til the end. Her biggest fear was choking/asphyxiating. She wanted to go in her sleep. With the help of hospice and morphine, we were able to giver her that wish. She went quietly and peacefully with us by her side.

Bless you and your family. I am very sorry for your loss and will say a prayer for her.

Bless your heart brother. I totally understand what you are going through. It's so hard to say goodbye to someone you love - and hardest of all to your Mom. I am glad you were able to be there for her. She will never be gone as long as you carry on and live the values she raised you with. That's the way I try to think of it. My Mom passed away 10 years ago yesterday but I think of her daily. Much love sent your way.

My thoughts are with you stevenaa. I lost my mother after a long illness as well. Going as your mother did, peacefully, in her sleep is the easiest way and she was with those who loved her.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
We are all excited to experience the announcement of draft selections IN REAL TIME TOGETHER. If you feel the need to be the first to 'blurt out' the team's picks you are better off staying out of chat and sticking to Twitter. Please refrain from announcing/discussing our picks until the official announcement has been made at the podium. Thanks!

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.