• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Middle Schooler Told to Remove American Flag from Bike

Take it down several notches guys.

Please point out where I said that my opinion of them was an indisputable fact?

Maybe it was when you made the following statement:

it is most certainly fact-based. First, they are far right wing. Second, many of them, especially at the top, are nutjobs, conspiracy theorists, and/or have bought into foolish policy ideas.

Those are absolute statements, "are far right wing", "are nut jobs," are "conspiracy theorists" and have "bought into foolish policy ideas."

But you have nothing to back them up. The surveys on tea party members have found them to be better educated and higher income than most voters. While being more conservative than the average voter, they are well within the mainstream of American political thought and their biggest concerns are the deficit, the economy and the size and scope of the federal government.

As far as your "fact-based statement" that they have "bought into foolish policy ideas,” who made you the arbitrator of what is a foolish policy idea? Or did you just decree that?

The fact is that the concerns of the tea party members and their supporters have legitimate concerns that should be topics for an adult level discussion but I suspect that you know that you would lose such a discussion, so you do what you do which is to:

I agree that I do tend to label people.

As a pretty smart guy and as an exception to the rule. I never said every single person in the Tea Party fits my opinion of the group as a whole. I do believe most of them do though. What I admittedly can't know is what the ratio is.

I watched the football game today with my friend Jerome as I have for over the last 10 years. Jerome, who is black, is not a drug dealer. Rather he has a management position with a trucking company. Oh and he didn’t abandon his children. Instead he raised them as a single father. But of course his teenaged son doesn’t watch the games because he is busy hanging out with his gangbanger friends. Oh wait; he actually doesn’t watch the games because he goes to church instead. I guess Jerome is an exception to the rule.

See how wrong and offensive that sort of sterotype can be?

I always admired about him (William F. Buckley) was his ability to admit an error in reasoning and change his position accordingly. Additionally, I greatly admired his ability to fully and credibly explain his reasoning

The irony gallops.

Your response reinforces the premise of my original post, that your political posts consist of nothing but name calling and are therefore not worth responding to. This makes Boone’s request both moot and easy to adhere to.

Last edited:
So true, especially among Whites. Your post is a prime example of the type of hypothetical victimization I cited above, i.e. "If X were the case, we'd be discriminated against." It's no different than the Blacks in the D.C. area that just knew that Marion Barry wouldn't have been the subject of law enforcement scrutiny were he a White politician. It's the kind of thing I expect from people like Jesse "Hymietown" Jackson and Rush "Throw those dope fiends in jail....until it applies to me" Limbaugh. Kinda puts you in bad company I'd say.

If anything, from what I can tell the non-whites should be offended by the school system's flag ban as they were implicitly saying "The non-white kids in our school are anti-White bigots so we'd better be proactive in avoiding trouble."

I do believe you have turned Mike's comment on its head. He was obliquely referring to the common place observance that certain actions, when practiced by people of certain color, have been automatically associated with intent (i.e., racism).

im a foreigner but its strikes me that tea party zealots are just a natural offshoot of a disillusioned voting public who have tolerated a waterring down and ignoring of any issues they feel are important, in any such group you will have the wingnuts, but I have read their literature and for the most part I agree with it. yes im conservative but I dont believe in 2 party politics at all.

there's a lot more to it than that....and these conversations always miss another salient fact - the large number of folks who aren't Tea Party'ers but are very sympathetic.

the irony is that the Left's actions against Tea Party'ers and the Sarah Palins of the world is comical for its consistency and predictability: while whining about wingnuts and irrationalism.....their modus operandi is demonization and..often....violence (overt or threatened). the Tea Party, if nothing else, has served a very useful purpose - outing the real nature and purposes of the Left.

btw...the last two years are proof positive that another myth is false: the Left is manifestly not brighter and more competent than the rest of us. but then...anyone who grew up in Bethesda, MD already knew that.... :) .....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.