• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Meaningless Mock Draft v3.0

The Burgundy Ghost

The Starter
Reaction score
Military Branch
Navy
Alma Mater
Salisbury
'Tis the Season for Mock drafts here's my third version. I have no clue how some places have 7 round mocks this took me forever to write up and I don't even like all the picks I made.
http://walkingdeadmanblog.blogspot.com/2010/04/meaningless-mock-draft-30-whole-1st.html

1. St. Louis Rams- Sam Bradford, QB
An excellent pro day pretty much wrapped up Bradford as the #1 pick to the Rams only a failed contract negotiation would spoil Bradford becoming the new face of the Rams franchise.

2. Detroit Lions- Ndamukong Suh, DT
The acquisition of Corey Williams would make Suh the better pick for the Lions. Suh will force teams to put two blockers on him allowing Williams and Kyle Vanden Bosch many opportunities to get to the QB. Suh is already a monster run stuffer and will develop to be an even better pass rusher in the NFL. Gerald McCoy is also an option here. I still am not sold that the pick here will be Russell Okung. Suh and the DT position has a higher value (Suh ranked higher than Okung in talent) and need for the Lions than a LT. However, it wouldn't surprise me if the Lions felt that Okung was more important to protect Matthew Stafford's blind side.

3. Tampa Bay Buccaneers- Gerald McCoy, DT
The Bucs get the player they always wanted all along. McCoy will provide a strong inside penetration that will help collapse the pocket on passing downs.

4. Washington Redskins- Russell Okung, OT
He's only the IIWII consensus pick for the Redskins so obviously that's where I'm heading in this draft. Again, Bradford should be going #1 to the Rams and I really hope the Skins are smart enough to not spend all of their picks for a QB with a great deal of upside but injury concerns when they have no LT to block for him. I don't believe that Jimmy Clausen should go this high so the Skins should address value and need here with Okung. Okung starts at LT on day 1 and radically improves the offensive line (although there are still 4 positions that will eventually need upgrades to fit Shanahan's scheme).

5. Kansas City Chiefs- Bryan Bulaga, OT
It looks like it will probably come down to Bulaga or Berry at this spot. However, if the Skins did take a Clausen or Bradford at #4 you could throw Okung in the mix. I also wouldn't rule out Dez Bryant either. I think the reason that the Chiefs would go with Bulaga over Berry is because of the position Berry plays. You have to ask yourself is it really worth making Berry the highest paid safety in the league when he's never taken an NFL snap? High drafted safeties have had a high bust potential in past years as well. Does Eric Berry have the skills and intangibles of one of mine and his favorite players in the late Sean Taylor (drafted at #5 in 2004)? I'm not sold Scott Pioli thinks so and that's why he takes Bulaga.

6. Seattle Seahawks- Trent Williams, OT
The run on offensive tackles started at four and will continue with this pick. Pete Carroll, needs a LT and Walter Jones may or may not be back in 2010. Either way, the Seahawks need to look at the future and Williams could be a good option here. Would not be surprised however if the Seahawks went after Dez Bryant or Eric Berry here however.

7. Cleveland Browns- Eric Berry, S
With the run on tackles, a player that some have argued is the best talent in the draft falls right into the laps of the Browns. Berry, along with Sheldon Brown improves the Browns secondary which is a must when you play in a dvision that has Ben Rothlisberger, Carson Palmer and Joe Flacco.

8. Oakland Raiders- Anthony Davis, OT
While I jokingly took Bruce Campbell in the last mock, it still wouldn't surprise me if the Raiders again took a fast Terrapin who dominated at The Combine. That said, not every position covets speed and what Al Davis is looking for talent, who has a nasty playing style and will give his QB time to throw the ball deep. Davis, by some, has the most upside of all of the LT prospects and some believe he may be the best tackle coming out of the draft. That said, he has character issues and may never live up to the potential. So let's see lots of talent + character issues. Yep, that seems to fit the Raiders. Now if JaMarcus Russell, just shows up in shape and ready to play........never mind.

9. Buffalo Bills- DT/NT, Dan Williams
The Bills would love a OT here or a QB with a cannon arm. Neither are on the board at the moment although Clausen would be a major improvement, it seems that currently the Bills are interested in Tim Tebow. With a move to a 3-4 scheme Dan Williams would be a day 1 starter at the NT position. Williams looked very good playing DT at the Senior bowl and showed that he can force double teams while still causing disruption behind the line of scrimmage. Not a splashy pick but a key pick if their 3-4 scheme is to succeed. The Bills still could reach on a OT here, maybe go after Dez Bryant or take Jimmy Clausen as possible alternatives.

10. Jacksonville Jaguars- Earl Thomas, S
DE would be a position here as well and last time I had Jason Pierre-Paul as an option. He's still a good option, but I think that the Jags need to win now if Jack Del Rio is to keep his job and that's why they go for Thomas who can start immediately unlike Pierre-Paul who has a great deal of upside, but is a project. Thomas can play both as a safety and corner, so he more or less helps two positions of need. Some even think Thomas is/could be a better prospect than Eric Berry.

11. Denver Broncos- Rolando McClain, ILB
Here's the question you have to ask yourself. Are the Broncos willing to take a center at #11? If you can't say yes, then you have to go with the ILB. Maurkice Pouncey has been viewed as the best C prospect to come out of the draft in 10 years based on some of the drafniks opinions (Wes Bunting of NFP in particular). But do you really go that high for a Center or even a Guard for that matter?

12. Miami Dolphins- Dez Bryant, WR
I don't like this pick. It just doesn't seem to fit Bill Parcell's M.O. Maybe, they go after Jason Pierre-Paul and convert him to OLB. If Earl Thomas or Dan Williams are here, this is an option. Many consider Bryant to be an elite WR prospect and their is clearly a need for the Dolphins.

13. San Francisco 49ers- Joe Haden, CB
Haden falls to the 49ers and they fill a huge need here.

14. Seattle Seahawks- Derrick Morgan, DE
The Seahawks have lacked a pass rush the last few seasons and address the need with one of the top pass rushers in the draft. While Morgan may not have as much upside as Pierre-Paul, he's a day one starter and probably the all around best DE. Don't be surprised if Pete Carroll takes a run at CJ Spiller here however.

15. New York Giants- CJ Spiller, RB
It wouldn't surprise me if the Giants went after Jason Pierre-Paul or Brandon Graham here but the Giants don't have that many needs and if somehow Spiller fell to the Giants he could be used correctly. Not as a feature back but as a special teams threat who changes the pace for about 15 carries a game. It would make the Giants offense much more dynamic and give me major headaches.

16. Tennessee Titans- Jason Pierre-Paul, DE
A few years ago, Jeff Fisher and the Titans drafted a rare specimen in Jevon "The Freak" Kearse who had a good NFL career and could have possibly been HOF worthy had injuries not sidelined him and deteriorated his skills. Pierre-Paul reminds me of "The Freak" and I think he'd be a good fit for the Titans who badly need help on the D-line.

17. San Francisico 49ers- Mike Iupati, OG/OT
The 49ers could use help at the RT position and there's really no player that's worth the pick that's a natural tackle. That said, many believe that Mike Iupati is a 4 position player and probably could play the RT position even though he seemed to excel more as a LG.

18. Pittsburgh Steelers- Maurkice Pouncey, C/G
The Steelers have some serious problems on the offensive line that has led to many Rothlisberger sacks and a weak run game. Poncey could start either as a guard or as a center immediately.

19. Atlanta Falcons- Brandon Graham, DE
The Falcons have need for a solid DE and with Jamaal Anderson being a bust and John Abraham past his prime, this move makes sense to me.

20. Houston Texans- Devin McCourty, CB
Dunta Robinson is gone and it's time to start rebuilding the CB corp. The Texans are also looking for a power runner and Fresno St.'s Ryan Matthews could go here even though I think it may be a stretch.

21. Cincinnati Bengals- Jermaine Gresham, TE
Carson Palmer is always looking for new targets to throw to and Gresham fills a need as a pass catching tight end who can stretch the field and make LBs/S struggle in coverage.

22. New England Patriots- Sergio Kindle, OLB/DE
The Pats. have gotten older in their linebacker corp. and addressing the linebacker position makes sense. Some think that Kindle may be on the level of Brian Orakpo in performance. If this is the case, the Patriots are getting a steal at #22. Wouldn't be surprised if they went after a 3-4 DE or 4-3 DT in Jared Odrick here or if Gresham was on the board maybe take a shot at him.

23. Green Bay Packers- Kyle Wilson, CB
The Packers CB corp. is getting older and is injury prone. Wilson could help improve upon the current roster. If Sergio Kindle is here, they might go in that direction. Same could be said about SeanWeatherspoon.

24. Philadelphia Eagles- Sean Weatherspoon- LB
Weatherspoon has a great versatility which will allow the Eagles to use him either as a OLB or as a ILB.

25. Baltimore Ravens- Jared Odrick, DT/DE
To me, the Ravens have three main areas to address: CB, DT and TE. With Haden, Wilson and McCourty off the board, they might go after Patrick Robinson at corner or Aaron Hernandez at tight end. But Ozzie Newsome is a guy that likes to build in the trenches and will take Odrick who will compliment Ngata and help keep blockers off Ray Lewis.

26. Arizona Cardinals- Bruce Campbell, OT
Mike Gandy may or may not be back and Jeremy Bridges is more suited to be a RT or OG. While I've become less and less positive on Campbell, he has had only a limited amount of starts and has great intangibles and a very high upside if he can be coached. Russ Grimm knows how to develop O-linemen and Campbell may be a long term steal at #26.

27. Dallas Cowboys- Taylor Mays, S
I really want to put Bruce Campbell in a Cowboys uniform, but I can't see the Cardinals not taking him. Charles Brown doesn't really fit the size requirements for the Dallas O-line, so I put Mays here. Not my favorite pick b/c I see a lot of SS, Roy Williams in him but he's a big name and Jerry Jones likes big names and wants to make splashes with his moves on occasion. I wouldn't be surprised if a WR was here either. The other Roy Williams hasn't done well in Dallas either.

28. San Diego Chargers- Terrence Cody, NT
The Chargers are in dire need of a legitimate nose tackle and with Dan Williams long gone they opt for Mt. Cody.

29. NY Jets- Jerry Hughes, OLB
The Jets will add Hughes to help improve upon their pass rush.

30. Minnesota Vikings-Jimmy Clausen, QB
A huge fall and I think Buffalo will take him at #9 or somebody will trade up for him. But This is where I have him for this draft.

31. Indianapolis Colts- Charles Brown, OT
Polian showed his hand when he blamed the Colts O-line for the loss in the Super Bowl to the Saints. Charles Brown could help with that.

32. New Orleans Saints- Carlos Dunlap, DE
The Saints could use some help on their pass rush and Dunlap fits the bill as a late 1st round prospect.

Redskins MMD

#4 Russell Okung, OT (see above)
#37 Colt McCoy, QB
I think McCoy would be a great fit for the Redskins. He makes plays with his feet, has some experience against NFL caliber talent and has a decent arm. While he learns how to play in a pro-style offense in 2010 the Skins can work on building the O-line and for McCoy to be the starter in 2011.
#103 Marshall Newhouse, OT
Let's get that O-line rebuilt. Newhouse or another athletic OT could start addressing needs that haven't been dealt with for YEARS. Just think two possible long term O-line starters in one draft......I'm doing the Snoopy happy dance.
dancing-snoopy3.gif

#135 Chris Brown, RB
#211 Travis Ivey, NT

I'd be willing to bet you got the #4 pick right and #37 wrong, since Eagles now own the 37th pick.

You had Iupati and Pouncey going fairly early. Not sure I disagree, I just hadn't seen either quite that high.

Edit: Also, does anyone think the Bills would be willing to trade up to take Clausen or do you see him slipping right to them?

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.