• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Mattel co-founder dies at 95

Including mine. I have a lot of incredible memories I'd have never had without this guy and those like him. Making cool toys for decades = God's work :)

Man alive. Can't even imagine how many Hot Wheels I had. Heck, I'll bet Mom still has some of them somewhere.

Elliot's wife Ruth was the creator of the Barbie doll line as well.

How many children have spent Christmas mornings playing with something made by Mattel? Millions I would think.

BTW, you can add Matchbox toys and the Masters of the Universe line of toys the list of creations as well.

When I was a kid, I'm pretty certain that almost every single toy and board game I owned was made by Mattel. That trend has trickled down to my kids too. I had a lot of Hot Wheels and Matchbox cars as a kid, but my son's collection puts mine to shame. If he doesn't have 500+, he's gotta be damn close. Mattel will always be the king in my book.

-----edit----

Last edited:
----edit----

Last edited:
I got some Hot Wheels in younger years, but my big thing was Tonka toys and Matchbox cars. I have a few of the Hot Wheels still around. Mattel has done a great job with toys over the years. Today's kids are all about video games and the like - and that is fine, but we had it better in many way because of companies like Mattel, Hasbro, and Lesney.

My Tonka, Matchbox, and Hot Wheels cars/trucks are in storage for now. I'll probably sell them in the coming years, but the great memories can never be forgotten.

My daughter was a tomboy and never got into the Barbie thing - got her one doll and that would be the only one. When she was five, Jessica's mother gave her a nice little purse and she proceeded, with great reluctance, to place her toy gun and a softball in the purse.

No, i couldn't. If that's a problem for you too bad!

Hate wears many faces. The most dangerous of which is casual.

You were lightly chided about using term in a way that can be nothing but offensive. There is no innocent interpretation. Instead of looking in a mirror you puff out your chest.

Shame.

Last edited:
Hate wears many faces. The most dangerous of which is casual.

You were lightly chided about using term in a way that can be nothing but offensive. There is no innocent interpretation. Instead of looking in a mirror you puff out your chest.

Shame.

That's the most ridiculous crap i've ever read! It's deleted now. Hope everyone is happy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.