• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Marshall Faulk compares RG3 to Mark Sanchez

Anyone remember the unlamented sideline reporting career of Eric Dickerson?

omg

Mark Sanchez was a reach at #5 in the draft. He started in college for only one season and is a limited player physically.

How you compare Griffin to Sanchez, forget about the Luck comments, is beyond me.

Faulk played in the AFC so I am surprised that he thinks Griffin will get limited reps in Shanahan's offense.

Final point and this may be a cheap shot because I don't know him - but Sanchez also looks challenged mentally in learning the pro game.

He doesn't look like the brightest bulb on the porch.......
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

Mark Sanchez was a reach at #5 in the draft. He started in college for only one season and is a limited player physically.

How you compare Griffin to Sanchez, forget about the Luck comments, is beyond me.

Faulk played in the AFC so I am surprised that he thinks Griffin will get limited reps in Shanahan's offense.

Final point and this may be a cheap shot because I don't know him - but Sanchez also looks challenged mentally in learning the pro game.

He doesn't look like the brightest bulb on the porch.......

Scary to think how many Skins fans wanted to draft him that year.

But ole Dan Snyder did want toi draft Santana Moss in 2001 when Marty ignored him to take Rod Gardner. Sometimes the squirrel does in fact find the nut.

But ole Dan Snyder did want toi draft Santana Moss in 2001 when Marty ignored him to take Rod Gardner. Sometimes the squirrel does in fact find the nut.

It took Santana 3 years to develop in NY with a very accurate QB at the helm. He would have floundered in DC, and maybe would have never become the player he is today.

Whereas Gardner became the player we all feared most - a bust.

Whereas Gardner became the player we all feared most - a bust.

I think any WR would have become a bust. Gardner showed flashes, but the dysfunctional nature of the franchise would have turned anyone in that direction. You think Gardner would have failed as badly in New England? Pittsburgh? Indy? Not a chance.

I think any WR would have become a bust. Gardner showed flashes, but the dysfunctional nature of the franchise would have turned anyone in that direction. You think Gardner would have failed as badly in New England? Pittsburgh? Indy? Not a chance.
Not being able to catch has little to do with location. Do you not remember his nickname?

Dan was right about Santana. You know it, I know it, everybody knows it. You can say he got something right without your disdain for his overall record being besmirched. It's ok. :betterwink2:

Not being able to catch has little to do with location. Do you not remember his nickname?

Dan was right about Santana. You know it, I know it, everybody knows it. You can say he got something right without your disdain for his overall record being besmirched. It's ok. :betterwink2:

Oh yes, I remember it well. 50/50. However there are a lot of WRs in the league who drop a lot of passes, but they still continue to have very productive careers in the NFL. Terrell Owens, for example - he lead the league in drops almost every year he was in the league, if I'm not mistaken.

EDIT: Gardner may or may not have done diddly-squat anywhere else; I'm only saying he was set up to fail in DC.

If you think Santana Moss, who took 3 years to become the WR he is today with an extremely accurate QB at the helm would have become the same player with the likes of Pat Ramsey, Danny Awful and Shane Matthews at QB, then you're simply deluding yourself.

Maybe the brilliance of Jeff George & Tony Banks would have made him break out as a rookie? Who knows... ;)

If you think Santana Moss, who took 3 years to become the WR he is today with an extremely accurate QB at the helm would have become the same player with the likes of Pat Ramsey, Danny Awful and Shane Matthews at QB, then you're simply deluding yourself.
The FACT is, there is no way to know what would have become of either, had they wound up somewhere else.

My opinion, which I think is obvious, is the Moss was better coming out of college, and, he is still playing.

Did Belicheat sign ole 50/50 and make something out of him? Nope.
Nobody did. Cause there wasn't much to work with.

The FACT is, there is no way to know what would have become of either, had they wound up somewhere else.

Nope, its all speculation. But its my contention that Moss wouldn't have developed into the player he is today in Washington.

My opinion, which I think is obvious, is the Moss was better coming out of college, and, he is still playing.

Its hard to compare WRs like that - Moss was a tiny speedster, Gardner was a big possession guy. But yeah, history tells us that Moss was the better prospect. However, I do think his surroundings had something do with that.

Did Belicheat sign ole 50/50 and make something out of him? Nope.
Nobody did. Cause there wasn't much to work with.

Actually, he was signed by the Chiefs, but was cut in training camp, but was playing fairly well. He was on the fringe for sure, and got cut because of an injury elsewhere I believe. He was on the training camp show on HBO, I'm having a senior moment and can't remember the name of it.

Brandon Lloyd could prove you guys' theories wrong. :)
Our dysfunctional organization did not "scar him for life", as evidenced by his Post-Redskins success. Yes, I realize we didn't draft him. But he came here pretty young and raw, and we sure had the opportunity to "kill any potential" he had, if it was actually possible for a team to permanently "disable" a player's future success ;)

Last edited:
Total WTF moment from a talking head I actually respect.

Yeah, I don't usually disagree with Yusuf, but Magic wasn't great, but certianly better than Emmitt. Magic's problem in the 90's was that he got too excited about great plays and got too enthusiastic, which is fine when the camera is on him and you can see his smile. But it doesn't translate well during the game action.

Emmitt on the other hand is just brutal. Cringe-worthy.
Magic always made me cringe even more than Emmitt but hey, it's a subjective thing. I loved him as a player but in anything involving speech, the English language would react like an oft-whipped pooch whenever Magic opens his mouth.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.