• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Looking forward to free agency

Hog Fever

Vescere bracis meis
Joe Gibbs Club Member
Reaction score
Ok, I know the Super Bowl is still to be played but I honestly don’t care about the game. Regardless of who wins Ray will dance, the Harbaugh parents will cry and I'll die a little bit inside. I'm determined to talk about what really matters....our Washington Redskins.

It’s time to make a wish list for next year. What do we need and at what positions? Who will be available in free agency and who should we target in the draft?

Here are a few free agent names to get the conversation started. Some of these will sign new contracts or get tagged but some will certainly move on. Feel free to add your own:

WR
• Greg Jennings (GB)
• Mike Wallace (PIT)
• Dwayne Bowe (KC)
• Wes Welker (NE)
• Danny Amendola (STL)
• Brian Hartline (MIA)

TE
• Tony Gonzalez (ATL)
• Jared Cook (TEN) Dustin Keller (NYJ)
• Fred Davis (WAS)
• Martellus Bennett (NYG)
• Brandon Myers (OAK)

OL
• Ryan Clady (DEN) - OT
• Jake Long (MIA) - OT
• Branden Albert (KC) - OT
• Sebastian Vollmer (NE) - OT
• Andre Smith (CIN) - OT
• Brandon Moore (NYJ) - OG
• Andy Levitre (BUF) - OG

LB
• Anthony Spencer (DAL) - OLB
• Paul Kruger (BAL) - OLB
• Brian Urlacher (CHI) - MLB
• Shaun Phillips (SD) - OLB
• Daryl Smith (JAC) - OLB
• Connor Barwin (HOU) - OLB
• Rey Maualuga (CIN) – MLB

DB
• Brent Grimes (ATL)
• Aqib Talib (NE)
• Sean Smith (MIA)
• Derek Cox (JAC)
• Cary Williams (BAL)
• Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie (PHI)

S
• Ed Reed (BAL)
• Dashon Goldson (SF)
• William Moore (ATL)
• Jairus Byrd (BUF)
• Louis Delmas (DET)

Reports out of New York are that the Jets are shopping Revis. Not sure if we have the cap room to accommodate his contract, or the ammunition to pull off a trade for him, but if they cant' work anything out and cut him, that's a name I'd love to see in DC.

A friend of mine suggested Orakpo straight-up for Revis.

Not saying I agree necessarily, just saying.

Nick

A friend of mine suggested Orakpo straight-up for Revis.

Not saying I agree necessarily, just saying.

Nick
All depends how Revis is healing... If he is back...I'd take that in a heart beat!

Of all the names on that list I think Ryan Clady and Jared Cook are 2 that we should definitely be looking at. Vollmer would be interesting for RT, I just don't know enough to say he would fit the ZBS.

Defensively, there is no one who strikes me as a player we should go after with too much zeal.

Spencer is going to get the franchsie tag. I would rather have a healthy Orakpo than Paul Kruger, but those are 2 players I wouldn't mind seeing here...just don't think it would be a wise move to go after either.

We need a corner with size, Talib would be a nice prospect but is his head in the game? If he left NE would he revert back to his troubled ways? I also like Brent Grimes, but after watching the Seahags CB's, it is obvious we need size back there. We don't need another Josh Wilson. 5' 10" just isn't big enough anymore unless they are a freak. Again, I am not crazy about either. Earlier, I liked Grimes but with his injury and lack of size...not so crazy anymore.

The biggest thing we could get, is a rebate on our stolen cap money. We should know before the start of FA if that's gonna happen. I'm sure we have a plan to go forward without it, but Shanny said in his end of year presser that they were pursuing it, and he couldn't comment further until it was over.

I'm saying it now, we will get some of it back. Last year's $18mil is gone. I'm predicting we'll get 25-50% of this years $18mil back.

For the right price and going off the OP's list i'd like

Ryan Clady as RT
William Moore at S
Aquib Talib at CB

Can't see Pitt getting rid of Wallace at this point. They need all the youth on their team they can get. I would love to see Bowe wearing the B&G. We still need the prototypical WR though. Hankerson is way too inconsistent in his catching. Bobbles 50% of the throws.

We're fine at TE with who we have. No need to shop for anyone else.

I'd like to see us bring one more solid guy in with some versatility for the OLine.

I think we need to find a MLB in the draft to take Fletcher's place. Fletcher will come back one more year, and he can groom the new guy.

DB's is where it's all at this year for the Skins. Would love to see Revis wearing the B&G. Need to replace one of our corner scrubs with someone decent like Talib. Imagine Revis and Talib as our starting CB's. Wow!!

We're fine at TE with who we have. No need to shop for anyone else.
Disagree.

Paulsen's no threat to help stretch the field.

Niles Paul has hands of teflon.

Fred Davis is coming off a major injury.

Hope we take a look at Jared Cook.

There's no chance we don't draft at least one, maybe two TEs. I think we will take a look at Cook, but depending on what his contract demands are, we may not take that serious of a look. I could see Green Bay making a run for him, with JerMichael Finley being such a disappointment.

im staying with what I said, if we get Long, I will be the happiest fat man on the planet

Even with his injuries? I think I would be more inclined to go ahead and pick up Clady...at a lower pirce and put him over at RT now that Trent has established himself at LT. We agreed on bringing Long in midway through the season, but at this point I think it would be best to simply bring in someone we can plug in directly to RT. Long will want too much. Clady "might" give the coach who drafted him a discount.

The problem with all the CB's available in the FA class is they are almost all too small. I am not sure how it transferred on TV, but the CB's for Seattle were huge and our WR's could not get any separation from them for most of the game. We need a big physical CB like Aqib Talib, but do we need his trouble? He really is the only one I would bring in given the right price and ifg he seems to carry the new attitude now that he was successful in NE.

I just don't know enough about the safeties but with a healthy Meriweather and a mid-tier solid signing if Jackson is done, we could be good there.

RT and TE are musts! I am not sure what we should do about Fred Davis. He was coming on, but with his injury I am skeptical What he could demand on the FA market could see him going somewhere else anyway.

I suspect that if we want him, we can get Sleepy for a good price. I doubt too many teams are going to be willing to pay him top dollar coming off injury.

I would guess a lot of our plans are contingent on Mara's bull**** cap penalty being reduced, which I personally doubt will happen. If it isn't reduced at all, I would guess we sign one safety, assuming Merriweather gets a good report from his doc. For one half, he really changed the D last season, as silly as it is to say that. We need some bodies on the line, unless Shanny has seen in practices that McRib and Compton are ready to step up and start.

Even with his injuries? I think I would be more inclined to go ahead and pick up Clady...at a lower pirce and put him over at RT now that Trent has established himself at LT. We agreed on bringing Long in midway through the season, but at this point I think it would be best to simply bring in someone we can plug in directly to RT. Long will want too much. Clady "might" give the coach who drafted him a discount.

Clady is the more likely scenario, given his history with Shanahan. But hasn't Clady had some injury issues as well?

Clady is the more likely scenario, given his history with Shanahan. But hasn't Clady had some injury issues as well?

Clady has withdrawn from the Pro-Bowl due to a shoulder injury that also kept him out of practice during the playoff bye week.

The Denver Post suggests the Broncos will try to make sure he re-signs with Denver with the possibility of using a franchise tag to do so.

Link: http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_22367722/bannan-and-other-broncos-veterans-hope-return?source=rss

Wait a second folks.

With 7 seven draft picks beginning in Round 2 and a MASH ward of players rehabbing at several key positions, the Redskins IMO are NOT going to spend TWO selections on a TE.

Just isn't going to happen.

You are not going to find a top playmaking TE in free agency, but teams have been able to get by (if Davis leaves) with the Zach Miller (Seattle), Jacob Tamme (Denver) types in mid-tier free agency.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.