• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Lockerroom Blowup?

micks113

NFL Pickem Champion 2016
Reaction score
Yesterday's Dallas Morning News (Monday) had an article by David Moore, I think, that said the lockerroom blew up with players screaming at each other.
Anyone see anything on this. I tried to link the story but couldn't find it tonight.

I don't see an article like that on their website. Micks - not to beat on you, but if you're going to post a thread about it, at least find the article in question :)

I would hope the locker room is blowing up, look at what happened in random redskins thoughts thread today, and we are just fans! If we have flipped out, there is no way some of the players haven't.

This team makes my asshole blow up, freaking hermorhoid season

That one game was a shelling on national tv, on a team that was a defending division champ, playing a rookie coach in his very first NFL game
It surely warranted such a locker room response.
Anyway, what I'm sayin is, no matter how you look at it, your 11th game into the season is way too late to get motivated

So, we're reduced to giving credence to a story in The Dallas Morning ****ing News?

The fan base is a reflection of the teams performance.

"I was backing up, and in the situation where you get a sack there, it ends the game,” Griffin said of the final effort to score

So, apparently the rumor is true that Griffin thought it was 4th down, and not 3rd down.
Because he seemed to think that the only options were either : getting sacked to end the game, or throwing the ball into a group of defenders.....and that "throwing the ball away" was not an option.
That's something else that a leader needs to do : know what down it is in the final seconds, besides taking accountability, as Moss says.

Last edited:
Maybe with the 'elder' statesmen of the team, like Moss, standing up and stating his piece will see an end to the I this team seems to have developed. Once players realise that it is a TEAM effort and that each player's role make up the final result, then we might start heading in the right direction.

As it is now, there is too many 'sides' within the team, and that only results in animosity between the factions.

Maybe with the 'elder' statesmen of the team, like Moss, standing up and stating his piece will see an end to the I this team seems to have developed. Once players realise that it is a TEAM effort and that each player's role make up the final result, then we might start heading in the right direction.

As it is now, there is too many 'sides' within the team, and that only results in animosity between the factions.

I hope your are right, especially since Griffin and Moss seemed to have really good chemistry last year, and Moss came out several times how much of a leader he felt Griff was.

Glad Moss is calling Griffin out. His poor play has led to 2 consecutive losses. Griffin needs a wake up call. This offense is sputtering because he is making poor decisions and poor throws and Kyle is exacerbating the situation by asking him to do too much in certain situations. How many times, this season, have we seen a play action at some point in the late 3rd or early 4th quarters (in critical situations) that is targeted to a receiver downfield that has not been completed. I would wager it is every single game this year? Griffin has not completed one deep ball in that situation, yet Kyle keeps calling it.

Maybe it happened, maybe it didn't. I tend to think that it did happen, but that is just a guess.

Santana Moss takes exception to Griffin?s failure to take blame | ProFootballTalk

This will go one of two ways. Either Robert will take his advice to heart and relationships will start to be repaired.... or it will all go to hell really quickly. Frankly, I could see Moss getting benched or at least under-utilized because Robert can't handle criticism. Lord knows when I was his age I couldn't handle it either, it's part of growing up.

This will go one of two ways. Either Robert will take his advice to heart and relationships will start to be repaired.... or it will all go to hell really quickly. Frankly, I could see Moss getting benched or at least under-utilized because Robert can't handle criticism. Lord knows when I was his age I couldn't handle it either, it's part of growing up.

Im not sure, Garcon "called out" Griffin a couple weeks ago, and he's gone off since then. Moss hasn't been a primary target at all, but now with Hank most likely out for the season... Moss or Morgan is going to be the next one up. Moss knows how to lead, he's probably going to sit down with Griff, or already has. I think this, long term, is positive.

Im not sure, Garcon "called out" Griffin a couple weeks ago, and he's gone off since then. Moss hasn't been a primary target at all, but now with Hank most likely out for the season... Moss or Morgan is going to be the next one up. Moss knows how to lead, he's probably going to sit down with Griff, or already has. I think this, long term, is positive.

I certainly hope and pray you are correct, and absolutely see that as being one of the possible outcomes. I was more commenting that another possible outcome could be what I described, and I would not have much trouble believing either of those.

The wheels are falling off. It's interesting to see the players saying things about Griffin. Maybe not the locker room and culture we thought it was? Hard to tell.

Larry Brown was one tough SOB.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.