• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Lets list our problems

Honest question. How many teams in the league have a top notch player at every one of these positions, plus QB & HB like Ryman is hoping some miracle will get us to?

I just can't think of any team in NFL history that had a great QB, HB, TE, WRs, RT/LT, Guards, DBs, LBs, and Safeties all on one team. I don't think it's even possible financially.

we dont need a superstar at RT, we need s solid RT, we can get by with solid guards too but it would be nice to have one probowler. most decent Olines have maybe one weak link we have 3, in a perfect world we sign a stud LT because tehn we move TW to RT and upgrade 2 spots with one signing, and thats gotta help with maximising our resources.

we might not find a great TE but we need a decent one especially intodays NFL. LB is actually pretty easy to find in free agency and in the draft, and DB we can get away with serviceable safeties but we NEED at least one number one CB.

Bottom line is we have holes, they are solvable issues, qb is the hardest position to find, followed by stud LT. who knows maybe Garcon will come through, if he does then we are far less pooped.

JJ Watt was an EXAMPLE. I never said we were going to get him or even try. Good lord sometimes i hate conversation through text because a lot somehow gets lost in translation.

My whole point was that a guy LIKE JJ Watt could be a very integral piece of the defense. We don't have a high motor guy that can flat get it after the QB. Again, i NEVER SAID WE WERE GOING TO GET JJ WATT, HE WAS A 'FOR INSTANCE.'

Based on all of the comments above we should just onside kick every time and hope for the best. In other words we are #*!@#%^&. I am not buying it. The offensive line is bad just like most in the NFL are these days. When everyone gets well on the defensive line and we get a decent safety we will start stopping people. You guys are sounding like a bunch of whinny-ass fans. The sky is not completely falling.

While i agree with your sentiment that there are a few "sky is falling" threads, i hope you're not referencing ALL of us when you say whiney fans. Personally i think were only a couple pieces away from being a middle of the road Defense, and were a couple of pieces away from being an elite offense.

The two of those combined could be a very, VERY good thing.

The main problem is that the Redskins are now about 40% of the way done in a rebuilding program which has admittedly taken longer in some aspects than it should have, while fans are upset that we are not at 60-70%.

But them's the breaks. 2010 was a horrible year to be making a coaching, front office and scheme/roster transition because of the NFL lockout and the fact free agency was not going to be a major vehicle for improvement. For the Redskins, it was also picking up the pieces after a Hurricane Sandy like regime under Cerrato.

The Redskins had two of the highest paid defensive players in the NFL in Haynesworth and Hall and neither one was performing anywhere near the level of those contracts.

So, both of those salaries were going to dog the team for some time.

You can add in a blown trade to give ironically the Broncos multiple picks to move up in 2005 to select Jason Campbell, who by the end of the 2009 season looked more like a backup qb in the NFL than a guy that was on his way to a pro bowl or elite status.

The mistakes and the positive moves by Shanahan since Jan 2010 have already been well-documented.

It's unfortunate the Redskins were not in a position draft wise or perhaps creative enough to find a capable quarterback until Year 3 of the new regime.

It's also unfortunate other players like Moss, Cooley, etc. that could have provided a bridge aged quickly and started to get injured.

But, that's where we are in Year 3, basically starting a rebuild from the ground up.

Like it. Don't like it. Hate it.

But it is what it is :)

One problem that I see is that Shanny missed on his OL acquisitions this year. Can't afford missed opportunities like that. We also need a good safety in a terrible way. Also, need one more good pass rusher.

Need to trade Cousins and keep Grossman. Grossman is a team player and still has the skills to fill in when needed. I know many of you disagree with that assessment.

I agree that Cousins should and most likely will be trade bait. I think in a year or so we will be able to get a couple early round picks for him, which will make him a good investment for us. We can keep Rex, and spend a late round pick on a QB for a back up in the future.

Fans have to come to the realization that the Redskins are just now in 2012 starting to gain traction with the emergence of Griffin, Morris, Trent Williams, Perry Riley, etc.

But you can see how far the DBs, WRs and pass rush are lacking.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

We do have some talent currently on IR, which I think folks forget about - here's the whole list:

# Name Pos. Ht. Wt. Age Exp. College
48 Bernstine, Jordan S 5-11 214 23 R Iowa
45 Boyce, Dorson FB 6-2 249 24 1 Washington
94 Carriker, Adam DE 6-6 305 28 6 Nebraska
83 Davis, Fred TE 6-4 247 26 5 USC
38 Davis, Tristan RB 5-10 211 26 1 Auburn
17 Hanks, Darius WR 6-0 187 23 R Alabama
29 Helu, Jr., Roy RB 5-11 215 23 2 Nebraska
25 Minnifield, Chase DB 6-0 186 23 R Virginia
95 Neild, Chris NT 6-2 325 24 2 West Virginia
98 Orakpo, Brian LB 6-4 257 26 4 Texas

As for having 'no starters in the secondary', Minnifield, if he can recover completely from injuries is a future NFL starter. Whether or not he can or not, remains to be seen.

As absolutely gawd awful the defense is, I think the top priority might have to be Right Tackle. Polumbus is just getting beat like a drum week in week out. You have to protect your investment in RG3. The interior oline is ok(far from great), but we need a RT bad.

Need a RT desperately. Also, now concerned about our receivers.

Until we improve our coaching staff, an All-Madden Team won't get it done.

Where do we start with our issues?

Here's the positions we need an upgrade when it comes to starters ONLY:

WR
RT
RG
NT
ILB
CB
FS
KR/PR

Positions we need depth (could include a position that we also need a starter):

WR
CB
FS
DE
ILB
OLB
G
T
C
RB

OR

We hire a new defensive coordinator and get a slight upgrade automatically in many in the defensive positions. Also, we need a new LB coach.

absoluetly Kdawg, and now for my question, does a team that has that many holes look like a team that is halfway through year 3 of a new regime?

and I will include coaching because another thing I saw today, we pulled good running backs to put Banks in in the red zone, ffs why would you put in a 150 pound man on the goalline?

absoluetly Kdawg, and now for my question, does a team that has that many holes look like a team that is halfway through year 3 of a new regime?

and I will include coaching because another thing I saw today, we pulled good running backs to put Banks in in the red zone, ffs why would you put in a 150 pound man on the goalline?

Yes. The Banks experiment HAS to end over the bye. He contributes next to nothing to on returns, and the attempts to force himm into the offense are a joke. His "play" at the end of the game was absurd. While we really had no chance to win at this point, his play cost us any chance at all. Robert's expression of WTF is he doing was enough for me to cut him immediately.

Where do we start with our issues?

Here's the positions we need an upgrade when it comes to starters ONLY:

WR
RT
RG
NT
ILB
CB
FS
KR/PR

Positions we need depth (could include a position that we also need a starter):

WR
CB
FS
DE
ILB
OLB
G
T
C
RB

OR

We hire a new defensive coordinator and get a slight upgrade automatically in many in the defensive positions. Also, we need a new LB coach.

There are a couple in the 'depth' category that i dont agree with, because i feel we have competent back-ups at those positions, just no legit starter.

WR jumps out at me. Morgan/Hankerson/Moss have shown this year they can put up 2nd/3rd string numbers, we just lack a TRUE no. 1. Garcon is supposed to be that, but we know his deal.

RB is another one. I feel VERY confident in our backfield. All 3 RBs are young, and Morris has grabbed the workhorse role by the reigns. Royster looked like a solid change of pace back yesterday, flashing the ability of the pass game, and Helu is on IR and will be returning.

There are a couple in the 'depth' category that i dont agree with, because i feel we have competent back-ups at those positions, just no legit starter.

WR jumps out at me. Morgan/Hankerson/Moss have shown this year they can put up 2nd/3rd string numbers, we just lack a TRUE no. 1. Garcon is supposed to be that, but we know his deal.

RB is another one. I feel VERY confident in our backfield. All 3 RBs are young, and Morris has grabbed the workhorse role by the reigns. Royster looked like a solid change of pace back yesterday, flashing the ability of the pass game, and Helu is on IR and will be returning.

Morgan could be good, I agree. He has shown flashes. He could be solid depth. Santana Moss has been great for us, always has been and as long as he's a 'Skin he will be. The problem is he's getting longer in the tooth every day. Even if he's around another year or two, he's gone soon. Yes, that could delay finding another depth receiver, but we still need one. Hankerson is another topic. I haven't given up on him in the least, but, he has been erratic. He could actually be the depth guy I was talking about, but the current version of Hank isn't the answer. He needs to develop more and fix his concentration issues. He slows down on his routes too early sometimes as well. I like him though. He's got size, deceptive speed and is tough to tackle. The answer to depth at wide receiver may be on the team in Hankerson, but he needs to improve.

As far as starters at receiver go, and you didn't say this, I'm just stating it: Garcon will be fine. But we don't have a #2. Moss/Hank/Morgan could be decent in the #3,4,5 role. And again, perhaps the answer to our depth concerns is in that group (or perhaps its not). But we need another quality #2 receiver. Or a guy to take over the #1 duties (but let's face it, there aren't many of them around in the NFL). So I see your point about the wide receiver situation. For sure.

Where I don't see your point at all is at RB. Beyond Morris, I don't think we have much. Royster has looked plodding. Perhaps he still has some injury issues but he has been very unimpressive thus far. Helu could be a good third down back as he's a tremendous threat out of the backfield in receiving duty. But he has severe injury concerns at the moment. Keiland Williams could be decent depth as a down hill kind of player.

And by comparison to other needs... we have depth at those positions.

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
We are all excited to experience the announcement of draft selections IN REAL TIME TOGETHER. If you feel the need to be the first to 'blurt out' the team's picks you are better off staying out of chat and sticking to Twitter. Please refrain from announcing/discussing our picks until the official announcement has been made at the podium. Thanks!

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.