• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Kirk Cousins Development Tracker

That NFL clip is about right :)

Man, the thought of having to watch another QB struggle, struggle, struggle is just so demoralizing. I'm not going to lie, my fandom is going to take a hit if we have to start over at the QB position. I'm tired of false starts and promises. We can't get KC to sign a deal, there's something wrong with this franchise - like maybe fatally wrong.

Man, the thought of having to watch another QB struggle, struggle, struggle is just so demoralizing. I'm not going to lie, my fandom is going to take a hit if we have to start over at the QB position. I'm tired of false starts and promises. We can't get KC to sign a deal, there's something wrong with this franchise - like maybe fatally wrong.

Sounds like something Hank Williams Jr. would sing. Speaking of Hank...they are bringing him back for Monday Nights!

Sounds like something Hank Williams Jr. would sing. Speaking of Hank...they are bringing him back for Monday Nights!

Ever been to one of his concerts? Dude is horribly out of tune, and is turrible. I vote we give the honor to Carrie Underwood!

Man, you are not the only one! If they can't work something out - this will be crushing to much of the fanbase...

I just hope greed isn't the only driving force for #8. If he doesn't reign in his agent, then there's little doubt that greed will rule the day.

And, as I've already said, if he doesn't sign a LTD, we should trade him before the start of training camp.

If he doesn't sign it, I just hope that the team makes a statement (though this probably is just wishful thinking) of how much they offered him, or at least leaks that info out. Then, if it's more than a generous offer that was still turned down, hopefully and wishfully that would prevent the media from having a field day about how our FO "botched things up".

One thing to keep in mind... the two parties needed to get a deal done aren't talking. All of the 'facts' we are hearing are innuendo, supposition, rumor, or talking head 'expertise'. Still quite possible a reasonable deal gets done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not worried about Kirk. He's the third most important person to watch from my seat. The first is the running back play. Then the defensive front 7 play. Then Kirk's play.

We win the division, Kirk returns with a record contract. If we lay an egg, he is gone and we draft the future qb.

Whatever lies ahead I'm good with. I think we are on track to build a very very good defense in the future. And I love defense. Remember, many an average quarterback has excelled with a mighty defense. The time has come to draft for defense in order to stop the Cows. When that happens, we will be the best NFC East teams for years. And that's your meal ticket to the playoffs.

I won't argue on the defense - you field a great D and that can change everything. A great D can make Colt McCoy look like a Pro Bowler. But RB? We don't run the ball brother. And we don't choose not to run because of the talent in the backfield - it's simply that Gruden favors a pass happy offense (is there a former QB coach who doesn't?) and I don't foresee that changing.

The Skins have given all the leverage to Cousins at this point. They deserve to get bent over. In his shoes, I'd be tempted to make them tag me again next year.

The NFL is finally seeing what happens when a player has the stones to stand up.

I'm already preparing myself for Kirk's departure to sanfran next offseason. At this point I'd guess our best compensation would be to let him sign and get the compensatory pick. That's IF it would qualify. I freely admit that comp system is above my pay grade tho.

Question is can Cavanaugh work a miracle on Sudfeld, or do we need to dip into the qb pool in the first couple rounds next offseason?

I am so ready for this soap opera to be over one way or the other. I don't like the way this is playing out from both sides. The ones that ultimately pay is us the fans.

I have a hard time imagining the Redskins trying to short Cousins.
Snyder has always been more than willing to dish out overly generous contracts, and this time, it's more clear than ever that the player is justified for a big payday, compared to those previous hefty contracts (Haynesworth, etc).
I'm just not convinced that the problem is on the Redskins' end of the deal.
Snyder has always been known as a big spender.
Are we supposed to believe that overnight, he flipped to the complete opposite end of the spectrum, and became cheap ?

Last edited:
I won't argue on the defense - you field a great D and that can change everything. A great D can make Colt McCoy look like a Pro Bowler. But RB? We don't run the ball brother. And we don't choose not to run because of the talent in the backfield - it's simply that Gruden favors a pass happy offense (is there a former QB coach who doesn't?) and I don't foresee that changing.

This!

But... I'd be interested to see what happens if Perine does really well, especially in the Red Zone.

A smart coach adjusts to the strengths of the team. Gruden is pass happy, something we've seen as prevalent even when it was others calling the plays. Now we have him calling the shots himself, is he smart enough to adjust to what's working and not try and force the situation.

Watching the team this year I'm going to be more interested in the run game and the overhauled D than I am in Kirk.

I kinda feel we know what we've got in that aspect and I'm pretty bullish that I don't think we'll see much of a drop off in the passing game due to DJax and Garcon scampering for the hills. I know it's unproven, but I think we've got a fair bit of talent potentially catching the ball. We just need Pryor or Doctson to have a break out year next to Crowder, and keep Reed healthy for the majority of the season and I don't think the passing game will suffer much.

On top of that if we can get even just incremental gains from the Running game and the D then we're in pretty good shape.

Which is food for thought regarding if a deal with Kirk isn't reached and he goes elsewhere next year. I look at the team and think we're constructed in such a way that a good year by Kirk could push us to double digit wins. This team with McCoy or Sudfield at the helm, I think about 6 to 8 wins.

And if that happens what happens to Gru? Rebuiild mode... again?

As an aside on the KC situation.

I was encouraged to see the banter between Pryor and KC on twitter I think it was last week where they were joking about getting ready for the season, Pryor saying he'll be a beast for KC and KC telling him not to outrun his arm.

I suspect that much of the way Kirk feels has had to do with damage done in the past when the Franchise was pursuing RGIII and Kirk was the forgotten man. I keep seeing quote along the lines of "Kirk's camp feels that if RGIII had had the kind of seasons that Kirk has had the Redskins wouldn't have hesitated to offer a contract."

No idea if that's true, rumour, hearsay or just speculation. But makes you wonder where his mind is.

Which is why it's promising to hear Doug Williams say that he wants KC back in 'The worst way', or hear that Snyder is now engaged, or see these bits of banter on social media between him and his receivers.

Is it a guarantee that he won't leave? No. But it can't hurt to establish some bonds at a personnel level. Sometimes it's the little things that can sway a change of mind.

We win the division, Kirk returns with a record contract. If we lay an egg, he is gone and we draft the future qb.

If teams had that mind set, guys like Eli, Drew Brees, Andrew Luck, and a host of others would have been unemployed very quickly. Kirk has already proven his worth. The "see how he does" seasons have come and gone for Kirk and the Skins. I've watched the team draft the QB of the future more times then I care to, the future is now.....

#8's agent wants the world. #8 needs to direct him to settle for the east coast of the US. Or no deal gets done.

Yeah i agree. We don't have a run game. That's why I'm interested in seeing what happens there. Unless we learn to make the running game more effective, our passing game will suffer accordingly. That happens then we are toast.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.