• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Kirk Cousins Development Tracker

Remember all of those photos of open receivers and RG3 not seeing them? (many times because he was about to get clobbered by a guy)

I think I prefer those photos over the ones we haven't seen of Kirk throwing to covered receivers.

You mean the same ones where Robert tried to do it all by himself because he couldn't see them and ended up fumbling the ball without any contact?

I still cannot believe how quickly people forget how bad Robert is in the pocket.

Kirk Cousins will never be what the so-called "ceiling" Robert has/had...whateverthef**k. But are you people so blinded by your support for a QB who succeeded in only one style of offense his whole life for one year, that you cannot see the forest for the trees? Kirk Cousins, poor as he played last night is still better than anything we've seen from Bob since the first quarter of a playoff game nearly 3 years ago.

Cousins is not the answer long term, but holding on to the fact that Robert "could be" baffles the **** out of me.

One poor performance and here we are...right back to the same old ****. It won't stop until we have the future Aaron Rodgers. Guess what guys, there are only 4 elite QB's in this league!

Yeah, it's definitely something he's slipped on. I remember commenting several times in preseason how he WAS looking off safeties and going through progressions, and how good a sign that was ... he's going to have to block out the bright lights and get back to disguising his intent better than he did last night.

Still, even WITH all of that .. IF he leads Reed by one extra yard on that early end zone throw ... or hits a couple more of those completions in stride ... or gets something behind that pooch punt throw to Reed in the other corner of the endzone in the face of that blitz ... well, you know.

Telegraphing his throws is definitely an area he's going to have to improve on fast if he's going to be the guy.

If's suck.

...she'd be your uncle? No, that's not right.

Tricycle!

No, that doesn't sound right either.

I give up.

and that's a good thing. Jay has no qualms about benching the QB. That's a good thing to have in a coach making that decision. We don't want to hang on to a loser and Jay was showing us last year he won't stand for it. What some folks on this board couldn't take was that he actually was pulling the trigger. Can't have it both ways. Its better to have the coach with the nerve to make necessary changes than to stick with a losing proposition. Colt, get your helmet on and keep it on.
I have no problem with a coach that wants to make a change. At ANY position.

He just can't get in front of a microphone and tell the world that the player is too stupid to count to three.
If he winds up having to bench Pick for performance failure, I hope he isn't a ****ing asshat about it, publically.
It wasn't right to do it to Robert, and it wouldn't right to do it to Pick, either.

and that's a good thing. Jay has no qualms about benching the QB. That's a good thing to have in a coach making that decision. We don't want to hang on to a loser and Jay was showing us last year he won't stand for it. What some folks on this board couldn't take was that he actually was pulling the trigger. Can't have it both ways. Its better to have the coach with the nerve to make necessary changes than to stick with a losing proposition. Colt, get your helmet on and keep it on.

He's head coach, so actually, he can have it both ways. I have no doubt that it will take a hell of a lot before Gruden would bench his QB of choice. Cousins is the QB he has pined for, is pinning his future success to, and he's going to do everything he can to keep him under center. As for Jay showing us last season, the change was initially made after an injury. All that shows me is he moved the next guy up. Then played musical QB's in a desperate attempt to win a few and save face.

I'm going to fix my behavior. I'm not going to call LeRibeus 'McRib' again. And I'll tell you why - because I'm ashamed to see you guys throwing 'Grudung' and 'Pick' out there. Put on your big boy britches and suck it the hell up as fans is my advice. I'd expect Cowboys fans to mock their own players and coaches, but not us. I won't do it again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hadn't realized his interception rate is that high.

Consider that Cousins has the exact same number of career interceptions as Washington second-string quarterback Colt McCoy and Washington third-string quarterback/scout team safety Robert Griffin III. But McCoy has thrown his 23 interceptions in 831 career pass attempts, and Griffin has thrown his 23 interceptions in 1,063 career pass attempts. Cousins has thrown just 514 passes in his career.

Washington coach Jay Gruden insisted after Thursday’s loss that there is no quarterback controversy, and he’s sticking with Cousins. But if Cousins keeps throwing picks, Gruden may decide he has no choice but to pull him, because Gruden’s own job could be on the line if his hand-picked quarterback keeps throwing interceptions.

That's his story, and he's sticking to it.

Sorry, forgot the link....

Kirk Cousins continues to throw interceptions at an alarming rate | ProFootballTalk

Last edited:
Wow....Roberts one read ability is better than someone with the quick release, I see

Or maybe you are talking out of your ass?

Honestly - anyone that has watched Griifin for a single quarter in the past 2 years and can't acknowledge he has played poorly, regardless of scheme, coach, or whatever other excuse you want to provide him, I simply have no respect for...

I guess my question is that, given what you've said here (which I mostly agree with), what's the point of switching QBs every few games? We know the team isn't going anywhere, and switching out one mediocre QB for another serves no purpose, really, other than change for the sake of change.

When a coach does something like that it doesn't strike me a decisive leadership and accountability. It looks to me like flailing desperation.

I understand the questioning. Can't say I blame you for the line of thinking. But we change QB's in effort to win the game. You can't expect Gruden to throw in the towel for a draft pick. His job is also on the line so he wants to win games. I wanted another option at QB for this year. But apparently the front office had a different idea. They stuck with these guys. So we have the same situation imo. However the change in dynamic is that Griffin is inactive he's not part of the equation anymore. In that light, Gruden can't afford to bench Kirk, bring in Colt, then bench Colt. I don't think we are going to see that. You're probably right, we are going down with Kirk for the longest possible time.

It seems if you criticize kirk and like Robert one side doesn't like you

If you like kirk and criticize Robert the other side doesn't like you

I don't know if either is the answer...but I do know that kirk is ****ing folding like cheap lawn furniture when my fat aunt sits on it. You don't have to pick sides to see that.

Lol too bad Griffin hasn't made RG3 look good for a couple years... otherwise this conversation wouldn't be happening

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Or maybe you are talking out of your ass?

Honestly - anyone that has watched Griifin for a single quarter in the past 2 years and can't acknowledge he has played poorly, regardless of scheme, coach, or whatever other excuse you want to provide him, I simply have no respect for...

all true Boone.

it is nevertheless legitimate to wonder: what the eff did this team...Gruden specifically....do to make griffin a success? I see all the development problems others see with Griffen. I also see just how completely and arrantly ****ed up this team has been and how that was a major contributor to the course of events. I also see how this sorry franchise did nothing to improve the o-line, finally makes the change, and Griffen never gets a chance to perform behind that line. may not have made a difference. but any fool can see that not all options were explored. and that's where gruden et al messed up and continue to mess up. they aren't thorough and their communications eat it raw.

amateur time all the way.

Lol too bad Griffin hasn't made RG3 look good for a couple years... otherwise this conversation wouldn't be happening

waiting for the game when you inevitably share blame by posting "it was a team failure"!!!

This was a team failure no doubt. There were bright spots, but beginning to end it was a fail. Nobody had a passing grade, including Gruden

I can't believe the nonsense i'm reading about Cousins in this thread. He didn't lose the game. Breeland got burnt for 2 TD's, Jones fumbled 7 points away and the blocked punt for a safety makes 23 points. If you watch the game again the only good thing was the Ross return and Cousins.

Yea, he threw 2 ints and and one of them cost us 7 points and the other was complete luck. He under threw Reed for a TD and missed a couple other throws. He could have done more to win, but he didn't lose the game.

The reason we lost was because their offense had their way with our defense and we got no pressure what so ever on Eli.

That's an insane statement, all due respect. Kirk was the reason we lost that game. If he is too mentally weak to not overcome a penalty call in the first Q (at least until the 4th when it was all meaningless), he's not the guy.

Kirk played a terrible game. His first INT was brutally bad and gave them 7 points. It looked to me like he couldn't handle the pressure after that until the 4th when it didn't matter anymore.

I'm not going to say it's 100% on Kirk, but at least 60-75%.

Sent from my XT1526 using Tapatalk

That's an insane statement, all due respect. Kirk was the reason we lost that game. If he is too mentally weak to not overcome a penalty call in the first Q (at least until the 4th when it was all meaningless), he's not the guy.

Kirk played a terrible game. His first INT was brutally bad and gave them 7 points. It looked to me like he couldn't handle the pressure after that until the 4th when it didn't matter anymore.

I'm not going to say it's 100% on Kirk, but at least 60-75%.

i have to agree... The playcalling was there, guys were open, and they were missed... He had as much of a hand as one. Breeland didnt get burnt, he was in position on both of those plays, 1 got a lucky bounce, and 1 was against one of the most sure handed WR in the league. I honestly believe that 80% of the time hes in that position, the ball falls incomplete, and I will take that.

Kirk played a terrible game. His first INT was brutally bad and gave them 7 points.

Yea, and Breeland gave them 14 points and Jones gave them 7 points and special teams gave them 2 points.

Let's don't bother mentioning the 10 play drive and 13 play drive for FG's and the 12 play drive for a TD that Cousins had either.

The main reason we lost was because of defense. We can't cover anyone and get consistent pressure. Tom Brady is going to put up as many points as he wants or until they call the game later this year. I'll bet anyone right now he puts at least 40 points up. Any takers?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 3, Members: 0, Guests: 3)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.