• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Key to the Game!

What is the key to victory on Sunday night?

• Tony Romo. Dirt. Eating it. 4 times.

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Clinton Portis looks 5 years younger, to the tune of 100+ yards.

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Skins D-backs step in front of 3 Romo passes, and HOLD onto them!

Votes: 6 27.3%
  • McNabb uses TE's to shred Cowboy's overaggresive defense.

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Cats/Dogs, sleeping together. And a special teams TD.

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Skins pound out huge time of possession advantage, limit Dallas snaps.

Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Something else (see my post below)

Votes: 5 22.7%

• Total voters

Boone

The Commissioner
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Military Branch
Marine Corps
Alma Mater
Virginia
What factor will play the biggest role in determining Sunday night's winner in the epic clash between good and evil at Fed Ex Field?

For me, it is establishing the run early on and then using play action to perfection. Get Clinton, Larry, and Keiland on a roll and it will be hard to stop the passing game.

I've said it all pre-season, DeAngelo Hall is going to have a Pro Bowl season - I'm just feeling it. 2 picks all by his lonesome Sunday night, Rogers with another. And Romo won't finish this game.

I'm tempted to go with Romo eating dirt, or Portis being Portis, but I'm gonna go with "other." Namely Galloway, Thomas, or Armstrong forcing the Cowboys' secondary to pay attention to a receiver NOT named Moss.

Shanahan's been playing coy to this point, in all areas. I expect Thomas to play a lot, and if he gets on a roll like he did last year against the Saints, it could be a long night for Dallas.

Moss is gonna get his. He always does against the 'Boys. But we need to make sure he's not getting doubled constantly.

Armstrong catches the clutch in the final two, Gano hits from 28 out to seal the deal.

I've said it all pre-season, DeAngelo Hall is going to have a Pro Bowl season - I'm just feeling it. 2 picks all by his lonesome Sunday night, Rogers with another. And Romo won't finish this game.

I was with you up until you said 'Los would catch a football. lol.

I'm kidding. Carlos is a great cover corner, and I expect him to bounce back after a sub-par year last year. And I like Hall too. I'm not ready to guarantee a Pro Bowl yet, but kid is a playmaker. Unfortuantely, like most playmakers, he'll give one up here and there too.

I think Buchanon is a big key to this year too. I don't have a feeling for what to expect from him though.

I also almost chose Romo eating dirt 4 times (or more?!?)

However, Dallas has a weakness in the O-line. Keep Romo constantly seeing burgundy and gold jerseys coming at him from multiple directions, keep him off balance and throwing hurriedly. Stuffing a run or two for a loss early on will help set a disruptive tone also. Hall will get at least one INT, maybe two. If Fat Al is truly motivated he could wreak havoc with their O-line being a weak spot.

I think the first choice and the third choice kind of go hand in hand. Romo eats dirt and throws interceptions because of all the pressure.

I definitely feel that Hall could go to the overrated Pro-Bowl. If he has plenty of interceptions, he will be there. It will not matter that he is an average tackler. Of course, most corners like him are average to poor tacklers. Carlos will have a career year this year.

Actually, I kind of wished I went other now. I think we have to stop their rushing attack. Something I am really worried about with the Skins this year.

Turnovers, turnovers, turnovers......
We make Dallas have them, we don't have them we win.

Pound the ball and have Mcnabb throw to Cooley and Moss all day.

I'd love to see Orakpo blow by Free and crush Romo Dexter Manley style.

I'll go with a slightly modified option #1. Dallas knows its offensive line weaknesses and their offense is predicated on getting the ball out quickly. Makes sense, because (sadly) Romo is easily a top-5 QB in terms of getting the ball out. I don't think we'll sack him 4-5 times, but I do think we'll be able to cause significant pressure and confusion.

What I'm excited about is the 3-4's potential for confusion in route of cutting off the Cowboys' bread and butter, the short slant route. (Along with quick throws to Witten). If Romo is going to throw several interceptions, I suspect the linebackers will be more likely to have the opportunities.

That being said, rush defense is a huge concern. If the Cowboys run wild, they will win comfortably. It's when they're most dangerous. They dominated Philly offensively through the running game and beat them on defense by negating Reid's predictable panic offense.

Romo may be on of the quickest at getting the ball out, but the Skins are definitely going to hit him. If your QB gets sacked in the pre-season (yes, I know its only preseason) then he is going to get sacked in the regular season. There is no way that they would have allowed Romo to get hit as much as he did these past few weeks if it could have been avoided.

Their line is horrible. We will see how their running game goes. I believe our D will be weak in that area, but they do not have the most dominate o-line in the league either. It will be an interesting match up. Really cannot use the Cowboys line from last year as an example of how good or bad they will be this year.

Romo may be on of the quickest at getting the ball out, but the Skins are definitely going to hit him. If your QB gets sacked in the pre-season (yes, I know its only preseason) then he is going to get sacked in the regular season. There is no way that they would have allowed Romo to get hit as much as he did these past few weeks if it could have been avoided.

Their line is horrible. We will see how their running game goes. I believe our D will be weak in that area, but they do not have the most dominate o-line in the league either. It will be an interesting match up. Really cannot use the Cowboys line from last year as an example of how good or bad they will be this year.

I hope he gets hit a lot. Every day closer to 9/12 I hate that star a little more. You're right about their line from last year vs. this year. Here's to our weaknesses being overblown and theirs being exposed :)

Hope you guys are noticing the great rotating banners Om is posting in the 'Sons of Washington' forum this week. It's the little touches that make this place great. All hail brother Om! :cheers:

So, I'm the only one that thinks Coley and Davis are gonna have a big night. While I expect our O line to be OK this season, I see McNabb having to get rid of the ball fast often against the pukes. With little time to let the deep plays develop, the short and intermediate stuff will be the meat and potatoes for the opener.

Hope you guys are noticing the great rotating banners Om is posting in the 'Sons of Washington' forum this week. It's the little touches that make this place great. All hail brother Om! :cheers:

I see Albert has been moved to the o-line. What did he do this time?

We're gonna have to punch them in the mouth early. They have no film of our new offense and defence, so movement will be key to keep them confused.

And this is Capt Obvious material, but we have GOT to finish drives with TD's

I go with something else. You know how Redskins/Cowboys games always seem to go. Bad calls do us in, that mystery interference call that gives them the ball at the five. You know how it goes. It went that way last year in that first game. Replay shows two Cowboys linemen downfield blocking past line of scrimmage on the TD pass play. Blatant, always is. So if we go without any of that, we have a better than zero chance of winning.

Control the clock. Force them to go three and out and we eat up the clock with long drives that result in TD's.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.