• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Kerrigan Defensive Rookie of the Month

Let's hope this translates to a long and healthy career of shredding NFC East QB's!

Let's hope Kerrigan's career doesn't follow the same path as Horton's. :)

Well deserved :cheers:

Esp for a kid playing a brand new position who never even got the advantage of May minicamps or OTAs or skull sessions with his position coach. He's had a moment every game so far that was special.

Cool ... as long as he doesn't end up on the cover of Madden next year. :paranoid:

Very cool-good job rook.

Om,... just keep telling yourself "the demons aren't real, the demons aren't real". :D

PRESS RELEASE

For Immediate Release
Sept. 29, 2011

KERRIGAN NAMED NFL DEFENSIVE ROOKIE OF THE MONTH

ASHBURN, VA – The National Football League announced today that Washington Redskins linebacker Ryan Kerrigan has been named the NFL Defensive Rookie of the Month for September. He is the first Redskins player to win the award since Chris Horton in September 2008 and the fourth overall to receive the honor (Horton, Fred Smoot in September 2001 and Champ Bailey in October 1999).

Kerrigan was a nominee for Pepsi NFL Rookie of the Week following his Week 1 performance against the New York Giants. In a game played on the 10th anniversary of the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks, Kerrigan totaled five tackles in his regular season debut and returned an interception nine yards for a Redskins’ go-ahead touchdown in the third quarter. He was the first rookie linebacker since 2002 (James Allen, Sept. 8) to score a touchdown on Kickoff Weekend.

For the month, the 16th overall pick of the 2011 NFL Draft registered 13 tackles (five solo), five quarterback pressures, 1.5 sacks, one forced fumble, two passes defensed and one interception returned for a touchdown. He has started all three games this season at the left outside linebacker position for the Redskins.

During the Redskins’ Week 2 matchup against the Arizona Cardinals, Kerrigan recorded the first sack of his career and tipped a pass thrown by Kevin Kolb that was intercepted by London Fletcher in the third quarter of the 22-21 victory against the Cardinals. Both of his passes defensed this season have resulted in interceptions, with his first pass defensed occurring prior to his own interception off of Giants quarterback Eli Manning in Week 1.

Kerrigan, 22, played four seasons at Purdue, where he appeared in 48 games, starting his final 35 contests. In his collegiate career, Kerrigan totaled 210 tackles, including 57 for loss, 33.5 sacks, 14 forced fumbles, three fumble recoveries, one interception and seven passes defensed. The 14 forced fumbles tied the NCAA Football Bowl Subdivision (FBS) record.

(Courtesy of the Washington Redskins)

Oh, I know they aren't real, serv.

But I still don't want him on the cover of Madden. Do you? :)

I watched Kelli Johnson interview him last night regarding the award. I came away very impressed with the kid. He is very humble and refreshing. Kerrigan gave credit to the coaches, Fletcher, Alexander and Orakpo. He isn't a 'me' player.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.