• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Kaepernick and Harbaugh Hailed For Zone Read

Bulldog

The All-Time Great
Reaction score
Whatever we think of Mike Shanahan keeping Griffin out there on a bum leg against Seattle, the aftermath of the game included a lot of expert analysis on how the Redskins offense had to change in the future to avoid the ultimate loss of the qb to injury.

While I agree with some of that analysis (Griffin sliding and going out of bounds to protect his body), I find it ironic a week later that the same talking heads are awash with praise for the 49ers and how Kaepernick was used in the victory over Green Bay.

Kaepernick had zone read runs and designed scrambles that took him up the gut in the middle of the field and he didn't slide or run to the sidelines. He took shots aa running back would take shoulder to shoulder.

Where are all the critics saying now that this is a short-term solution that won't be effective and Harbaugh is risking his qb unnecessarily?

I suppose if Griffin had finished the Seattle game and the Redskins had won 21-O or by some similar score the story would be that much different..........
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

It's just frustrating to watch other teams running an offense that we run better than anyone and getting all sorts of praise for it. I guess that's what happens when they go further in the playoffs than we do.

It's just frustrating to watch other teams running an offense that we run better than anyone and getting all sorts of praise for it. I guess that's what happens when they go further in the playoffs than we do.

it,s called stealing our thunder but thats the way it works your right.:smile2:

Yeap! Zone reads, and running an offense out of the Pistol formation.

If you have the QB to do it, which we, and several other teams do, it is here to stay until someone figures out how to consistently stop it.

But I thought that the zone read was a gimmick offense that couldn't work consistently in the NFL? You know with the faster speed of the defenses and all.

I think it is worse when none of those teams would even consider running it until we did successfully. Kaepernick sat on the bench in SF while Smith ran a vanilla pro set offense for them. Wilson struggled to throw for 150 yards a game early in the season as the 'Hawks rode Lynch and that defense.

It was Mike and Kyle who went out on a limb, implemented the Pistol with the read option and turned the league on it's ear. Only after watching Griff, Morris and Co slice up decent defenses, lead the league in rushing and rank at the top in scoring, did all these other coaches decide maybe it was worth something.

And while I know it is going to sound like sour grapes, with a healthy Griff, I think we are going to SF this coming week to play the 49ers for the right to represent the NFC in the Big Show for all the marbles.

Agree on all points, Neo.

Very frustrating to watch from the sidelines.

Imitation is the greatest form of flattery, unless you don't get credit for it. The Niners and Seahawks BOTH owe their current offensive success to the Skins and RG3. Can't help but wonder "what if" lardass Haloti Ngata had been a step slower.

haha how many yards has Gore run for? Exactly. **** them.

Well, lets be honest about one thing....if anyone in the league deserved or has the ability to run an offense out of the Pistol it is Kaepernick. My thoughts are that once the league saw what RGIII was doing with this form of offense, the 9ers made the switch with this impact in mind. Either way, it will be fun to watch what RGIII ver. 2.0 will bring to the table.

I think they are just appealing to our fan base, not talking about all of you but there is a massive public that loves to hate on the team. Given any reason, they are right there. I get the smug texts from people who are fans saying I told you so, and the media has to have a read on that. They think its what we want to hear, if the team isnt super bowl winners they think we want validation in why our team is horrible.

Theres nothing we can do about it, just enjoy our teams efforts and forget the others.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.