• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Just Saw Something Crazy And Have No Idea What's Going On

Nobody

Super Bowl MVP
Reaction score
Military Branch
Army
I was sitting out back a few minutes ago with my wife smoking a cigarette, and we both mentioned at the same time that our hair was standing on end. That alone would have been strange enough, but seconds later, a small corner of the sky lit up a pale blue. My first thought, having seen something similar dozens of times was that a transformer must have blown. Then I noticed I didn't hear the usual sound that followed.

Then the sky lit up again, this time a lot larger of an area, and a lot brighter. Seconds after that, nearly half the sky toward Oceana NAS/THe Virginia Beach Oceanfront lit up intensely white with a blue and pink outline, and stayed lit continuously for several minutes. No flickering, just a solid and intense light.

After all of this, it got eerily quiet. There were no sounds of any kind, no sirens, no horns, nothing you would expect to hear after seeing something this large and unusual. As of right now, it's been about 15 minutes since it first started. There has been no illumination in about 8 minutes. There still was no sound, but a few minutes after it all stopped, there was a very noticeable rumble that everyone here felt. Now there are several helicopters hauling ass toward the area of the light, but oddly there are still no sirens like police, EMT, fire department, etc.

I don't want to call 911, because I don't think it would be a valid reason to, so i called the non emergency police number. The only thing they would tell me was that they didn't know what was going on, but they would send officers out there to check things out. She told me within minutes they had received hundreds of calls, and that even people that were a whole lot closer than me to it said they heard absolutely no noises.

It's crazy, and definitely one of the strangest things I have ever witnessed. Based on the size, brightness and duration, I would have guessed it was a power substation blowing up, but I have called friends all over the city and they all still have power. My friend's boyfriend works for Dominion power, and he said if a substation had blown, he would likely have been called already, because he is a member of the emergency/disaster response team.

I'm glad I wasn't alone when it happened, or everyone would have sworn I was losing my mind. My best friend is terrified of aliens, so of course I had to give her a call to let her know we were being invaded :laugh:

This is one of those things that makes you scratch your head, and if it isn't on the 11 o'clock news, I will be more baffled. If it is reported on the news, I will provide a link to let everyone know what's up.

Did it come from the north?

Perhaps Albert Haynesworth finally got himself a sack.

Lol, no. Definitely East. The only sack Albert Haynesworth will ever get is if a sweaty one smacks him in his face as he lays on the turf :D

Military exercise.

Seal practice at Camp Pendleton and Dam Neck.

Makes sense, since that's the exact direction it was in. Nothing was mentioned on the news, so I was left hanging last night.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.