• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Just finished Season One of The Wire

Emily now says four is the magic number. Also she says you reading that I (and others) posting it's the best show ever may not be helping. She said she was not all that impressed with it at first after me raving about it (and the imdb reviews), but once she got into it, she loved it.

So there.

I have watched the first two episodes and am starting to enjoy it. The first episode really isn't much of a 'hook' - that's really all I was saying. I do have a little bit of that in me - where if someone keeps urging that I 'have to see' something, it has the opposite effect.

I've heard people rave about 'The Wire' for years, including my Dad who lent me season one on dvd. I'll keep watching ...

Never seen an episode, but then again don't need to. My stepson is a vice detective in a nearby community and neighbor does the same for state.

Both have and will do undercover work. They both specialize in narcotics. Sometimes when Jayson is at the house my neighbor will come over. They share a couple snitches, so they will talk shop. I hear the "real" police stories.

Had to have a talk with Jayson. After coming by one Sunday afternoon, he was talking about some undercover buys he made. He proceeded to talk about how the other detectives where in behind him in a vehicle with their machine guns just in case. Well...my wife's eyes got very wide and said 'machine guns'? Told him there are things or details he should delete for his mom's benefit.

The stories I could tell you. Some are funny and most not. Dangerous job and glad someone willing to do it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.