• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

just A Little Concern?

Hey! There's the video i was talking about!
Yeah, he just stands there...

Yes, he threw a little tantrum after that play too. There was a blown coverage...according to Hall. But still no excuse, he did give up. Now, that doesn't eliminate the fact that I saw him up on the line on numerous plays getting in to tackle a receiver on a quick out or a RB coming around the corner. If you guys look back, I said he was not afraid to mix it up, not that he was a great tackler, but he is a much better tackler under Shanahan than he has been elsewhere. This is one play among many.

I worry more about his tongue wagging after each throw more than his eyes being closed. Don't kid yourselves, this is going to be a tough year, I just hope there's enough left at the end of the season to leave room for hope next year.

I saw a comment from Griff the other day that I didn't like. The first comment I have ever seen from him that I didn't like.

Something to the effect of "If a QB doesn't trust his offensive line, then he is going to play scared. I'm just trying to trust the guys up front."

That, combined with our injuries, is a huge red flag to me. Why not just fix it right now?

Who even goes into a season gambling like that?

McD5, I went digging and found the quote.

Q: Are you concerned with the injuries along the line?

RG3: No, I try not to be. I keep tabs on those guys and talk to them. You want to have the best guys you can out there. We have a couple guys sitting out but the rest of the line is doing a good job. If you think you have a banged-up line or a bad offensive line then you'll play scared. The one thing I don't want them to think is I don't trust them. I definitely trust my offensive line, whoever's out there.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/nfl-rapidreports/19694649/redskins-5-questions-with-robert-griffin-iii

There's also a link to the vid of this comment.

http://www.redskins.com/media-gallery/videos/RGIII-I-trust-my-O-Line/c1f8fc41-c481-48ff-a22d-28406566f51f

Trust or trust not.

There is no "try".

Try not to be.

Any rational person would be a little concerned about the injuries experienced on a thin offensive line. Can't understand the criticism for using the word try. Hall is not a loyal soldier if he is making comments like that about his quarterback. Griffin is a rookie and he has a lot to learn, I don't care how much the Redskins paid for him or the fact that her earned the Heisman, he is still a rookie. Still confident that if given a chance and he stays injury free he will make continual progress and will take the Redskins into the playoffs in a couple of years.

HTTR!!

Great find, Serv! You saved me a lot of time, because I couldn't remember exactly where I had read it.

This was the part that stood out to me:

"If you think you have a banged-up line or a bad offensive line then you'll play scared."

The second I read D-Hall's comments about having his eyes closed, that quote jumped back into my mind.

I'm not ragging on him. I do believe that it's probably fair to say that RG3 believes the line is "banged up" however. Of course, he's not going to say that in public.

That is why I give extra props to guys like Rodgers and Cutler. Cutler especially. That guy was a daredevil to even take snaps behind that line last season.

Last edited:
And Serv, to an extent, I want him to be a little scared. I believe all Skins fans would prefer him throwing the ball away over holding onto it too long, and taking unnecessary sacks.

Nor do I blame him if he is a little scared in the beginning. He has a lot of pressure and high expectations.

A little fear is good. We play some nasty defenses. I don't want to see some NYG beast absolutely crush him.

Any rational person would be a little concerned about the injuries experienced on a thin offensive line. Hall is not a loyal soldier if he is making comments like that about his quarterback.

HTTR!!

I agree with all of this too. I'm not exactly sure why comments like these are necessary, or how they help anything.

Tr1 may be right. But even if RG3 has smoked him a few times.....Hall just needs to shut up and focus on what he can do to improve his own game.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.