• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

June 6, 1944

Elephant

The Commissioner
Reaction score
Alma Mater
Florida State
Kind of surprised this was not posted by some of the veterans here. Last week we remembered the fallen from all wars, but this is the 67th anniversary of D-Day. Let's remember those who died as they pushed ashore or were dropped in behind enemy lines 67 years ago today.

I don't know of any relatives who participated in D-Day and it was only a few years ago that I finally met somone who took part in the landing. He doesn't talk about it too much, but the limp he has is not because of old age. The cane he uses has been a part of his life since that fateful day.

A big THANK YOU to those who helped to save the world.

Agreed, a huge debt of gratitude is due to those who ran into hell that faithful day.

I can't imagine the stones it took to do that. I had a great uncle that was in the landings, but he'd never talk about it and died before he told me anything

Thank you doesn't seem like enough to say to those guys

Pretty neat story

http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/1960/11/first-wave-at-omaha-beach/3365/

When he was promoted to officer rank at eighteen, S. L. A. MARSHALL was the youngest shavetail in the United States Army during World War I. He rejoined the Army in 1942, became a combat historian with the rank of colonel; and the notes he made at the time of the Normandy landing are the source of this heroic reminder. Readers will remember his frank and ennobling book about Korea, THE RIVER AND THE GAUNTLET, which was the result of still a third tour of duty.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.