Josh Johnson has given hope to Redskins fans.

One of many experimental iterations ...

Solitary Man

The Free Agent Vet
Joe Gibbs Club Member
Reaction score

He did more than just not lose this game.
He helped win this game.
It is a cool story of course, but he did not look like a guy who was a career backup. He has potential to make this team next year.

Let's see.

Elephant

The Commissioner
Joe Gibbs Club Member
Reaction score

Florida State

I'm not going to go Josh Johnson for the future, crazy...but he is the making of a great story. And I don't care if we win or lose from here on out, this image has made the season for me.

DukY2X3XgAIWD9G.jpg large.jpg

ntotoro

The Pro Bowler
Reaction score

I don't know if I'd say “hope.”

He looks like an RPO QB who has never quite been groomed as a pocket QB a la RGIII, Kaep and etcetera.

Boone

GM
Staff member
Reaction score

Marine Corps Virginia

He needs some ****ing help!

Vernon Davis - get your head in the game and make some plays.
Moses, Williams, and Nsehke - enough with the stupid 'I'm not paying attention' penalties.
OL - give the man some protection.
Crowder, Doctson, Floyd - get open and catch the damn ball.

We can't continue relying on the defense and AP to make all of the plays.

Solitary Man

The Free Agent Vet
Joe Gibbs Club Member
Reaction score

I don't know if I'd say “hope.”

He looks like an RPO QB who has never quite been groomed as a pocket QB a la RGIII, Kaep and etcetera.
With a make shift oline and not a top quality receiving corps, he has to go off script a lot, and those runs were huge, but he did not tuck it and run on every play. They also did not do a lot of rpo

Solitary Man

The Free Agent Vet
Joe Gibbs Club Member
Reaction score

He needs some ****ing help!

Vernon Davis - get your head in the game and make some plays.
Moses, Williams, and Nsehke - enough with the stupid 'I'm not paying attention' penalties.
OL - give the man some protection.
Crowder, Doctson, Floyd - get open and catch the damn ball.

We can't continue relying on the defense and AP to make all of the plays.
That Vernon drop hurt a lot.
I think there will be more enthusiasm by the wrs moving forward. Maybe even a few more sprinkle sightings(of the non false start variety).

Boone

GM
Staff member
Reaction score

Marine Corps Virginia

Davis needs a coach in his face. I don't care what you've done previously - that's the 2nd or 3rd straight game where he's dropped a pass right in his hands that killed a key drive. Unacceptable. I'd start Sprinkle and challenge Davis to do something to show he belongs on the field. No excuse for a veteran to consistently show a lack of concentration.

ntotoro

The Pro Bowler
Reaction score

Davis needs a coach in his face. I don't care what you've done previously - that's the 2nd or 3rd straight game where he's dropped a pass right in his hands that killed a key drive. Unacceptable.
I'm sure Gruden will get right on that, the true disciplinarian he is...

Fear The Spear

The Legend
Reaction score

Davis needs a coach in his face. I don't care what you've done previously - that's the 2nd or 3rd straight game where he's dropped a pass right in his hands that killed a key drive. Unacceptable. I'd start Sprinkle and challenge Davis to do something to show he belongs on the field. No excuse for a veteran to consistently show a lack of concentration.
Looked like the defender knocked it out

Win4us

Super Bowl MVP
Joe Gibbs Club Member
Reaction score

Air Force

If Sprinkle cannot unseat Davis outright we need to look for a new TE crop this off-season. I'm perfectly okay with cutting Reed too.

Also, the secondary look better, especially HaHa?

Fear The Spear

The Legend
Reaction score

If Sprinkle cannot unseat Davis outright we need to look for a new TE crop this off-season. I'm perfectly okay with cutting Reed too.

Also, the secondary look better, especially HaHa?
For his career, Sprinkle has 5 catches, and 2 TD's.
He scores a TD nearly half the time he touches the ball.
Maybe we should throw to him more often.

Boone

GM
Staff member
Reaction score

Marine Corps Virginia

As to the premise of the thread - I don't really agree. He made a Sunday a little less miserable than most Sundays this year. That's all. Skins are not making the playoffs. We're getting down to 3 combination requirements (and that assumes we win out, which you'd have to be crazy to predict). It's not happening. I'll moderately enjoy today for what it was but it really changes nothing.

Elephant

The Commissioner
Joe Gibbs Club Member
Reaction score

Florida State

As to the premise of the thread - I don't really agree. He made a Sunday a little less miserable than most Sundays this year. That's all. Skins are not making the playoffs. We're getting down to 3 combination requirements (and that assumes we win out, which you'd have to be crazy to predict). It's not happening. I'll moderately enjoy today for what it was but it really changes nothing.
Get off my lawn!!!

DieselPwr44

The Owner's Favorite
Reaction score

Forrest-Gump-GQ-19May16_b.jpg

"Somebody later told me it gave people hope.....Nahhh...I don't know anything about that..."

Boone

GM
Staff member
Reaction score

Marine Corps Virginia

So, just to get off the negative nancy train for a minute, here is how the playoff picture looks (contingent on tonight's Panther outcome that is):

Ax

The Ugly American
Joe Gibbs Club Member
Reaction score

Win out, and the Vikes losing 1 is more likely path. Lions would have to do it next week. Bears could be sitting people for the playoffs week 17.

Not sure how a 3 way tie would affect things. As far as Seattle goes.

Even better, would be to win out, while the crackboys lose out.

SkinsOrlando

Searching for the 6 fingered man
Joe Gibbs Club Member
Reaction score

Kent State

If we manage to some how slip into the playoffs that will I guess make this season worth remembering in the way it all unfolded with the injuries incurred. Honestly, I'd rather have a higher draft position with the looming possibility of eating tons of cap space if Smith can't return. I'm glad we won, it always feels good to win but the long term outlook is definitely disconcerting. Hopefully with another week in the system Johnson can get a little more comfortable with the offense and make the last two games competitive. We will also need our defense to have some swagger and dominate.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Private conversations
Help Users
    You haven't joined any rooms.
    Chat 0