• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Joint Statement From Redskins/Cowboys

Exaggeration aside, thats what the owners voted for when they extended his contracts. Thats what the players allowed when they signed the new CBA.

So... they're getting what they voted for.

Within the context of NFL power, I don't think it's an exaggeration at all. An 'independent arbitrator' just validated it's fine to bring the hammer of justice down on two teams for violating the cap in an uncapped year. Seriously? If Goodell can pull that bull**** move off, and have it sanctioned, not to mention effectively squelch any recourse whatsoever by two of the richest, most powerful owners in the league through (spoken or unspoken) threat of consequences - well, I'd say that makes him God - at least in all things NFL.

Could be a blessing in disguise.
We just saved Snyder a ton of money this year on salaries.
Should mean lower beer prices at FedEx Field.

Last I heard FedEx was charging $7.00 for a 12 oz. cup-tied with Lucas Oil Stadium in Indianapolis for the highest per ounce price in the NFL so the fans would be grateful for that no doubt.

Last I heard FedEx was charging $7.00 for a 12 oz. cup-tied with Lucas Oil Stadium in Indianapolis for the highest per ounce price in the NFL so the fans would be grateful for that no doubt.

serv, they were charging 9 bucks a bottle at the Draft Day Party.

Proof that Burbank took the easy way out and is in Goodell's back pocket.

What burns me is that this NEEDS to be litigated instead of arbitrated. The NFL NEEDS to change the way it is currently doing business. Goodell having this much power will ultimately cause more harm than good.

I will continue to call for Goodell's head on a silver platter and won't stop until he's gone. I want Burbank thrown out as arbitrator as well. He serves no useful purpose by his very words in this document.

Really hoping these concussion rulings go hard and heavy against the NFL and can bring about Goodell's downfall.

Could be a blessing in disguise.
We just saved Snyder a ton of money this year on salaries.
Should mean lower beer prices at FedEx Field.

Come on man, with RGIII in tow the price of EVERYTHING will go up. This just means the Skins will vote against EVERYTHING going forward that has to do with revenue sharing. Danny will let his fellow owners know their small market teams are scum in his eyes.

I wouldn't put it past him to make sure pictures of Mara and Goodell are shown on the big screen during Skins' home games so he can enjoy the crowd booing. They are the bad guys and the fans need to vent.

I didn't anticipate we would actually win this, as agitated and pissed as I am, the team was already game planning around this occurring this way. Allen and co might have tighter purse strings but quite frankly, they aren't spending like the days of yore anyway. Yes Goodell is bad for the league but as long as revenues are good and tv ratings are up he isn't going anywhere. The best recipe for this debacle is as Al Davis used to say "Just win baby".

I'm about as close as I have ever been in my life to letting this league/game go.

Disheartened and disgusted at the same time.

Can't throw in the towel now. We actually have a chance to finally compete in this league. We haven't had that in forever.

This hit probably does hurt us pretty badly for the next two years though.

We are like a small market baseball team trying to compete against the "haves".

The good news? The Yankees don't always win. We just have to be smart, and play with a chip on our shoulder.

This is a huge black eye for Bruce Allen. Makes him look incompetent.

It sure seems like someone ****ed up royally.

The league claims we were warned several times, but we went ahead and did it anyway.

Not sure who decided to roll the dice--Dan or Bruce. It sure is quiet though.

The ease with with these teams accepted the ruling reminds me of the Star Trek Next Generation episode where Worf accepts discommodation even though he was in the right just to prevent tearing apart the Klingon council and starting a civil war.

It seems like they are accepting the ruling and not pursuing legal action because the result might tear the league and/or CBA apart. So in the long run it is enlightened self interest. Lose $36 million in cap space now versus losing a lot more in revenue if the league or CBA falls apart after winning a lawsuit.

Last edited:
What I would give to be a fly on the wall in the meetings between Snyder/Allen and their lawyers. Actually, I'm pretty broke right now, and don't have much to offer.
Do you think they'd accept my old Gus Frerrotte jersey ?

How much do you believe the independent arbitrator was truly independent? Been on that short end of the stick before. Not fun. All the more reason totrulydespise the Giants.

HTTR!!!

Incompetent? Hardly.

He took a calculated risk. Yes, they were warned, however they had to think getting warned about "abusing the spirit of the cap" in an UNCAPPED YEAR was horse hockey. They took a calculated risk to get rid of an unwanted player. Did it backfire? Looks like it just might have; but judging by the reactions of a lot of analysts, Allen has a lot of people in his corner.

But incompetent? Incompetent, IMO, would have been making this move (or a similar one) in a year with a salary cap and not much cap space, creating an overage and having to cut players we needed on the team to start and provide small things like depth and quality special teams. Like Vinny used to do almost ever year.

I think Burbank is the only incompetent one here. He basically said there are no set rules for arbitration in an instance like this so instead of toughing it out and paving the way, he took the easy way out and, in the process, became Goodell's lackey.

When the media is this shocked about the ruling, you KNOW the fix is in. Burbank is just as guilty of collusion as the NFL.

I think this unfortunately marks the end of the road for #47 in DC.

Cooley counts over $6 million against our cap this season. Barring a dramatic restructuring, I don't see how anyone can justify that given our current situation.

Incompetent? Hardly.

He took a calculated risk. Yes, they were warned, however they had to think getting warned about "abusing the spirit of the cap" in an UNCAPPED YEAR was horse hockey. They took a calculated risk to get rid of an unwanted player. Did it backfire? Looks like it just might have; but judging by the reactions of a lot of analysts, Allen has a lot of people in his corner.

But incompetent? Incompetent, IMO, would have been making this move (or a similar one) in a year with a salary cap and not much cap space, creating an overage and having to cut players we needed on the team to start and provide small things like depth and quality special teams. Like Vinny used to do almost ever year.
If Vinny did this exact same thing, he would be getting barbecued right now. It's no different than taking a risk on a free agent, paying him $36 mil guaranteed over two seasons, and getting another Haynesworth. Although we did actually get something from Fatso.

I'm certain there are details about this, which we will never know, that might justify it, if we did know. But the end result, orchestrated by Shanallen, has the same dysfunctional look of a Snyderatto move.

If Landover and Dallas both host Super Bowls within the next 10yrs, we'll know it was just another internal payoff. By the National Football La Cosa Nostra.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
We are all excited to experience the announcement of draft selections IN REAL TIME TOGETHER. If you feel the need to be the first to 'blurt out' the team's picks you are better off staying out of chat and sticking to Twitter. Please refrain from announcing/discussing our picks until the official announcement has been made at the podium. Thanks!

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.