• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

John Keim headed to ESPN as Redskins Insider

SNF

The Starter
Reaction score
https://twitter.com/john_keim

John Keim ‏@john_keim
More job news 4 me. I have accepted a job to be the Redskins insider for ESPN. Story, explanation is here. John Keim is leaving The Post for ESPN

Couple key points: I start Aug. 5; I'm thrilled to be joining them; but some bittersweet. Really like the Post, its people and its product

But I will be doing what I've always done: analyze, provide whatever insight i can and offer some opinions. it's a great opportunity

Said this in the story, but in a short time I was able to see why the Post is a terrific place. and will continue to be so.

But, like I said, I'm ecstatic about what I'm joining with ESPN. Really good people there...been an odd couple months 4 me, folks. humbling.

my last day with the Post is July 31. Until then I will continue doing what I can to help their coverage. Or just to drive @JReidPost around

and in case you are wondering, here's what will absolutely follow me to ESPN: The Worldwide Leader In Sports : ten observations, game reviews.

OK, last thing: The Post has been terrific through this whole situation. Honest and understanding. couldn't ask for better.

And then my personal selfishness ...
SNF ‏@mmeyers58
@john_keim Excellent, congratulations! And on an entirely selfish note, please tell us you're not going to

John Keim ‏@john_keim
@mmeyers58 not behind a pay wall

Personally, I look forward to everything John Keim writes. I don't like the track record of the Post's editors and was worried that his work would be manipulated and filtered at the Post. That may be entirely off base and totally wrong, but I'm loving this move and really looking forward to John's coverage via ESPN.

I like Keim. I was hoping he might set a new standard at the Post.

Not sure how I feel about him going to ESPN. I really hate ESPN these days.

I sure hope he does not succumb to the ESPN tabloid mentality, and sticks to reporting on the Redskins the way he has up until now.

I agree on the general feeling about ESPN as a whole. So far I still like the reporting of Dan Graziano, so I've still got hope. There's not much I can say that I like about the Post at all.

Regardless, I think the quality of Mr. Keim's will shine through and I'm looking forward to it.

My issues with ESPN have more to do with the people at the top encouraging the people on the shows to bring up race issues revolving our quarterback because his skin is black. Things like him marrying a white girl; him possibly being a republican (though there's no proof of that, and even if there was who cares?); calling him a running quarterback even though he has incredible arm strength, accuracy, and intelligence; people calling him a 'cornball brother' (whatever the **** that is)

They encourage that crap on their networks. So I refuse to read them. Every now and then I wind up on their site by mistake, but I try really hard to not give them my business as a sportings news consumer.

I agree on the general feeling about ESPN as a whole. So far I still like the reporting of Dan Graziano, so I've still got hope. There's not much I can say that I like about the Post at all.

Regardless, I think the quality of Mr. Keim's will shine through and I'm looking forward to it.

Even Graziano falls victim to the tabloid mentality. He was talking about the name, and I asked him if he'd even explored the other side of the name argument, e.g. Native Americans who are NOT offended and in fact fans of the team - he blocked me on Twitter for that. :)

I like Keim. I was hoping he might set a new standard at the Post.

Not sure how I feel about him going to ESPN. I really hate ESPN these days.

I was with you in this camp. We lose all the good ones. :(

I'm keeping a close eye on this one myself-I've always liked Keim and have become disgusted with ESPN like most everybody else seems to be. I'm wishing him the best but am watchful.

Same as everyone else for me.

I will add that Grantland.com has some nice writing over there from time to time. Technically owned by ESPN I believe, but Bill Barnwell does a pretty nice job. They did have a piece slamming the whole Redskins name recently, but I didn't pay it much attention.

Still stuck with Jason Reid on the Skins and Carrera on the Caps.

Post is a mediocre sports outlet, that's for sure.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.