• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Jay Gruden has been fired.

I'd ask what everyone wants to see at Allen's 1pm presser.

But I know anything short of him dousing himself with gasoline, and setting himself on fire, will be unacceptable to most.

I think the 3-4 was forced on Manusky and Tomsula. If I were Callahan I would see if we can transition to the 4-3.

We can get a jump start on 2020 when many of these players like Allen, Payne, Ionnaidis, Sweat are going to be back here and have NFL talent.

No need to play another 11 games with systems that don't work.

This is now rebuild mode and everything is on the table.

The record at this point is unimportant.

We need to see younger players improving and emerging as future starters and core performers.

Guys like Ryan Anderson and Shaun Hamilton May yet still have good NFL futures if we develop them in roles they can handle and play to their strengths.

Yeah but this staff likely won't be here next year. I want the staff that will be, to be the one's coaching the guys into the new system.

Yeah but this staff likely won't be here next year. I want the staff that will be, to be the one's coaching the guys into the new system.

So you want to do what? Tread water for the next 11 games and do nothing with these guys?

Per Diana Russini via 980:

Trent Williams will be traded.

Bruce Allen is staying, at least for now.

Haskins will start in Miami.

Per Redskins Player as related on 980:

‘It was time. Guys were on Snapchat during practice. People weren't taking their shit seriously. Gruden never said anything,'

I saw someone else tweet that now Trent will be traded. Why in the world would would that be dependent on firing the coach? Or are they more likely be tied it to being 0-5?

Callahan to me at 62 seems like a guy that will work to improve things.

He's been to a Super Bowl as coach I don't think he is going to hold these players back to win one or two extra games.

In fact if he is smart he will realize that NOT changing will keep this team losing by 20 points.

Portis is already indicating this morning that the players will see changes as Callahan was not a fan of Gruden's off hand style and permissive approach to preparing the team to play.

So you want to do what? Tread water for the next 11 games and do nothing with these guys?

No. I think either Tomsula, or maybe Ryan, could be better gameday playcallers than Manusky.
And, adopting a more aggressive approach could get more out what we have.

Ryan's defenses his last two years were at the bottom of the league, as bad as the Redskins.

On defense part of the problem was when Manusky managed to hold on in the offseason the only assistants the team could get for a lame duck regime were retreads with questionable records in their last gigs.

I think the 3-4 was forced on Manusky and Tomsula. If I were Callahan I would see if we can transition to the 4-3.

We can get a jump start on 2020 when many of these players like Allen, Payne, Ionnaidis, Sweat are going to be back here and have NFL talent.

No need to play another 11 games with systems that don't work.

This is now rebuild mode and everything is on the table.

The record at this point is unimportant.

We need to see younger players improving and emerging as future starters and core performers.

Guys like Ryan Anderson and Shaun Hamilton May yet still have good NFL futures if we develop them in roles they can handle and play to their strengths.

One thing Callahan will improve is the mentality and day to day culture. Club Med has likely closed for the season. Hopefully selfish mouthy guys like Morgan Moses will self-identify and we can come up with a definitive list of guys who need to be shipped out. I have worried about the younger guys picking up some of the losing mentality and excuse-making that is rampant on this team. Hopefully Callahan can help make sure that doesn't happen.

No one could be a worse gameday playcaller than Manusky. No one.

I would remove 90% of zone coverage, and go almost exclusively to man on man press coverage. That way, we find out who can do that moving forward.
Combine that with selling out to kill the QB, and I'm a happy guy. I'd rather lose being aggressive, than rushing 3 and having average QB's pick us apart.

Agreed.

Morgan Moses is a guy I would mark down as a question mark for return in 2020.

He has become quite vocal and for a guy that leads the league in penalties you really have to wonder if he realizes he has to bear down and work to retain his job.

The one thing Belichick can't stand is stupid players.

If a guy is using a technique that didn't get called five years ago but is now being flagged he needs to adapt and work to shake out his game.

Moses isn't doing that.

And his overall play isn't close to 2015 or 2016.

Had to happen.

I wanted O'connell to get the gig but let's see what takes place over the next few weeks.

Hopefully, at the very least, O'Connell will get the opportunity to call plays. Ironic since McVay earned the moniker "Wrong Play McVay" when it was really Jay calling the plays all that time.

Jay ‘Doobie' Gruden held O'Connell back by not having him call the plays this year.

I think he sensed Kevin was on the rise and didn't want to develop his successor.

Jay ‘Doobie' Gruden held O'Connell back by not having him call the plays this year.

I think he sensed Kevin was on the rise and didn't want to develop his successor.

Explains why he hired so many lousy D-Coordinators, even after Haslett was let go.

This>

I was going to say ding dong the witch is dead but there's not much to get excited about until Bruce Allen is gone.

Dude, I was totally gonna post Ding Don't the Witch is Dead as a post title on Grudens demise had it not already been posted.

It's like you guys were in my head, I was going to post the song clip.

I want to be excited but just so depressing we're back in this situation again, with no hope of any think different if Allen is still making decisions.

For the 3rd time under Allen, we're faced with an entire rebuild. That is depressing. I just wonder what it would have been like if Shanahan was given full reigns to run this team.

We can be assured of one thing, Bruce Allen is a loser...his entire body of work shows it, ~40% winning percentage in about 20 years on the NFL is horrible, and this team will be no better next year with him still in the building.

And if you guys think his importance in the stadium dealings outweighs his worth as a leader in this building, I have to wonder where are you priorities. He is toxic, and he needs to go.

No. I think either Tomsula, or maybe Ryan, could be better gameday playcallers than Manusky.
And, adopting a more aggressive approach could get more out what we have.

Ryan being on this team in the 1st place is an abomination! Tomsula should replace Manusky, and it should be Callahan's 1st duty as head coach.

It's like you guys were in my head, I was going to post the song clip.

No one wants to be in there, buddy. That simply scares me to think.

The players will play 'balls to the wall' for the 'new' HC, win against the Dolphins to avoid the predicted 0-16 finish, then it will be SNAFU.

I want a top 3-4 pick but I don't want to finish 0-16 and join the Lions and Browns in the history books.

I want a top 3-4 pick but I don't want to finish 0-16 and join the Lions and Browns in the history books.

Watch us end up winning 5 or 6 games and end up with the 11th pick.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.