• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Jason Campbell: Hero

Boone

The Commissioner
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Military Branch
Marine Corps
Alma Mater
Virginia
Am I glad he's not in Burgundy and Gold now?

Yep.

Still - he just lead two clutch drives to forge a Raiders win over the Chiefs, the first to force overtime, the second to pave the way for a Janikowski game-winning field goal.

Good for Campbell. A nice guy who deserves some success. :cheers:

He led Ford on the big pass play in OT pass and was lucky Flowers didn't intercept the first one since Ford made a great play by stealing the pass away from him. But I will say it was nice to see him succeed! I wish him the best!

The first pass as you said was pure luck. The second was a beauty. Jason always threw a great long ball - when he kept it in bounds that is :)

The first pass as you said was pure luck. The second was a beauty. Jason always threw a great long ball - when he kept it in bounds that is :)

Not trying to be argumentative Boone, but it looked like the same old Jason Campbell to me. If it weren't for Ford on both plays, we wouldn't be talking about this. On the OT pass to Ford, that ball was over thrown. If you watch the replay, you will see dude (Had to do it after your latest thread) turn on the burners to run under it just in time to make the catch. If Jason hits him in stride, it's a TD and Janikowski doesn't even come onto the field.

Ford should be the one we are talking about, not Jason.

But, like I said. I am glad to see Jason win!

It's good to see him succeed. I always wondered how he;d do if he had stayed in one system

Not trying to be argumentative Boone, but it looked like the same old Jason Campbell to me. If it weren't for Ford on both plays, we wouldn't be talking about this. On the OT pass to Ford, that ball was over thrown. If you watch the replay, you will see dude (Had to do it after your latest thread) turn on the burners to run under it just in time to make the catch. If Jason hits him in stride, it's a TD and Janikowski doesn't even come onto the field.

Ford should be the one we are talking about, not Jason.

But, like I said. I am glad to see Jason win!

If you say so :) In my book, Campbell got the ball where it needed to be in order to make the completion. It may not have been perfect, but it set up the game-winning TD in overtime brother - hard for me to be too critical.

Regardless of how much help he needed from his teammates, Campbell led them to a great win. Nice to see good things happen to him even if just for a moment.

He did a good job and that team has a 5-4 record. No one expected the Raiders to be in the mix for the division title or even a playoff spot. Impressive.

He never threw a ball that pretty in Washington.

He never threw a ball that pretty in Washington.

:) He might have thrown a couple, but point taken...

Thing is, he could be lighting it up all year long in Oakland - I'd still take McNabb over him, subpar year he's having or not.

Sometimes-perhaps a lot of times-the mere change in environment, in this case football environment, is all it takes for someone like Jason to perform better. He never "fit" in Washington-it wasn't all his fault, there were many systemic problems with the organization including the constant coaching and system turnover that would keep any QB off-balance. He does have weaknesses at the QB position but it seems that the situation he has in Oakland at the very least has diminished the effect of those weaknesses somewhat where they seemed magnified here. I'm glad for the guy-he's always seemed to be a pretty decent human being and he seems to be a better "fit" with the Raiders than he was here.

Add me to the list of JC supporters. I still don't think he's a starting caliber NFL QB but he's a hell of a standup guy and team mate. Hopefully he proves me wrong and becomes the player we all hoped he'd be when we drafted him.

Add me to the list of JC supporters. I still don't think he's a starting caliber NFL QB but he's a hell of a standup guy and team mate. Hopefully he proves me wrong and becomes the player we all hoped he'd be when we drafted him.

For the (hmm....one....two....) THIRD time ever, I completely agree with you.

Jason is the personification of class, and of the word "professional." I wish him nothing but success. But I agree the jury is still out on just how much he'll have. Playing in the same offense in consecutive seasons should definitely help though.

Actually HH I think your increasing level of agreement with me means you're finally getting smarter. :D
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

All he did was make it easier for the Chargers to win the division and save Norv's job once again. :)

But yes, good for Campbell. I never had anything against the guy.

A blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while.

Nothing more, nothing less.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.