• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

jason babin released by philly !

redskins76

with jason being released should we take a stab at him , pretty good pass rusher...be great for us ..he can stand up and rush and cover...i know he's a 4-3 guy but we need a pass rusher ! what ya think ....:biggrin2:

Let the bloodbath begin in Philly. All those big names getting another crack at free agency. I know nothing about him as a player have no idea if he could transition to OLB in a 3-4 but I'd sign him anyway just so the pokes can't. Cut Banks and do it.

my gut tells me Philly is about to start cleaning house. They've come the realization that Nick Foles is the future (or at least the new direction) and you're going to start seeing heads start to roll.

Let the bloodbath begin in Philly. All those big names getting another crack at free agency. I know nothing about him as a player have no idea if he could transition to OLB in a 3-4 but I'd sign him anyway just so the pokes can't. Cut Banks and do it.
He owes Lichtensteiger a year worth of dinners.

The guy was just cut for his complete lack of production on team that is desperate for a win:munching_out: I'm thinking the Eagles coaching staff must feel that just having the guy on the roster was a worse case scenario then benching him.
That being said the Skins may have found that (Good Team Chemistry) thing we've been hoping for. Good team chemistry doesn't beat great talent that often but it makes for a solid foundation.:pimp:

The guy was just cut for his complete lack of production on team that is desperate for a win:munching_out: I'm thinking the Eagles coaching staff must feel that just having the guy on the roster was a worse case scenario then benching him.
That being said the Skins may have found that (Good Team Chemistry) thing we've been hoping for. Good team chemistry doesn't beat great talent that often but it makes for a solid foundation.:pimp:

Good point, Cycleans, the Redskins in the last two games have looked...well...different.

Hungry?

Confident?

I'm not sure exactly how to describe it-it's just something feels different.

Whatever it is...I like it.

I said it in another thread, they're done.

Jackson out, McCoy and Vick now have no reason to come back.

That rookie looks good but he will be figured out soon enough and Foles...well, that boy is going to get hurt.

Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie will be a free agent. Hopefully he jumps ship too and comes our way.

Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie will be a free agent. Hopefully he jumps ship too and comes our way.

He's had a terrible year. Why would you want him here?

If it's because of the situation, environment, and team mates then fine. But he has flat out sucked this year.

(all of the above is what I've gathered from other people talking about him... maybe they're wrong?)

Because he's still an upgrade over what we have ?
And maybe better than what we can afford in our 2nd year of cap penalties ?
Maybe I like him because he doesn't have an injury history, drug history, criminal history, head-case history ?

He has 5.5 sacks this year. Kerrigan has 6.5, Orakpo would have that many if healthy. Who exactly is he an upgrade over? (EDIT: not to mention he's not a fit in the 3-4)

He has 5.5 sacks this year. Kerrigan has 6.5, Orakpo would have that many if healthy. Who exactly is he an upgrade over? (EDIT: not to mention he's not a fit in the 3-4)
Babin played in a 3-4 before, but he's a dirty player anyway and gets to suffer in Jacksonville.

I'm pretty sure he was talking about Rogers-Cromartie, not Babin.

So all of the other teams passed on him except Jax? Jax is probably the worst run franchise in the NFL. I'm glad the Skins passed on him.

Turns out both Buffalo and Washington claimed Babin as well, but Jacksonville had priority. Interesting.

(via Adam Schefter)

Its really strange that Philly cut him instead of trading him later. Does a guy with that many sacks in a season have 0 trade value? He had 18 last year.

Yar. Came here to post that lol

Albert Breer (@AlbertBreer) tweeted at 6:09 PM on Wed, Nov 28, 2012:
According to the NFL's daily transaction report, only the Bills, Redskins and Jaguars put in claims on ex-Eagles DE Jason Babin.

we got brian kehl back ...he was with us during camp and preseason ...i like his speed and he can tackle !

Its really strange that Philly cut him instead of trading him later. Does a guy with that many sacks in a season have 0 trade value? He had 18 last year.

I think he was owed too much money. So much that quite a few people thought he'd make it through waivers because no one wanted to pick up the contract. As it turned out only 3 teams put in a claim for him, and they're 3 of the bottom 7 defenses in the league, so the worst of the worst were willing to take a shot and no one else.n

Makes it seem like trading him would have been near impossible. But who knows, we convinced someone to give us some picks for McNabb after a contract extension and Jason Campbell.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.