• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

It's not all Bad

Cycleans

The Starter
Reaction score
I share the feelings of many here. The season has been a huge disappointment all the way around. The defense and special teams are at rock bottom.Our Oline is as bad as I can recall in obvious passing downs. It's mid season and if our division wasn't so pathetic we would already be mathematically eliminated from the playoffs.:beadyeyes:
I'm at a loss to understand the gameplans....conventional wisdom is if you want to hide a porous defense is using ball control on offense...yada yada yada
There are some way more than encouraging signs however. Jordan Reed at TE, Griffin,Morris, Helu and Young in the backfield. Garcon at Wr. If the defense doesn't greatly improve Haslett is outta here. Possibly a more manageable schedule as well...

the team has done a good job of bringing in skill players, especially on offense. Griffin, Morris, Reed, Garcon, Helu are all guys you can win games with.

what the team has not done as good of a job of and must improve in the future is making sure our offensive and defensive lines have some anchor performers who can win the one on one battles up front so that the skill players, on both sides of the ball, can make plays.

we are not protecting Griffin and the defensive front doesn't seem to have any real big 'uglies' that scare anyone.

I think singling out 5 or 6 young performers that can help propel the team forward in the future is a positive statement :)

I also think mentioning why those players and some others as well may be held back by the lack of talent at other positions is not only relevant but important to mention.

That's why the thread is titled 'It's not ALL bad."

It wasn't titled 'Everything is coming up Roses' :D

on defense, I would like to see Brandon Jenkins get a chance to play in the second half of the season on passing downs, moving him around and allowing him to use his speed upfield.

We know how to run the ball and we have a QB.

That's something that can be built on. Many teams go decades without having those things.

That's all I got at the moment.

on defense, I would like to see Brandon Jenkins get a chance to play in the second half of the season on passing downs, moving him around and allowing him to use his speed upfield.

I really liked the Idea of having Jenkins taking Carrigan's spot at end, and letting Ryan move inside. It seemed to be working, yet it's been abandoned.

Is this a serious post? I can't tell, because there's no smiley. Surely you are not singling me out among all posters and telling ME to let it go?

you're the one that brings it up in every god damn thread

like literally, you, as in no one else here does it but you. every thread for like a week after a loss you deem to be on kyle abandoning the run (which is, gee i wonder why, every loss)

you're the one that brings it up in every god damn thread

like literally, you, as in no one else here does it but you. every thread for like a week after a loss you deem to be on kyle abandoning the run (which is, gee i wonder why, every loss)

There are plenty here who mention it, as well as plenty elsewhere, including national sports writers.

But I get it now Henry, and I apologize. :)

EDIT: Its in the goddamn original post, for crying out loud. LOL.

Cycleans said:
I'm at a loss to understand the gameplans....conventional wisdom is if you want to hide a porous defense is using ball control on offense...yada yada yada

Is this a serious post? I can't tell, because there's no smiley. Surely you are not singling me out among all posters and telling ME to let it go?

I'm responding to you because you addressed me directly.

For your benefit I will amend my original attempt for find some kernel of hope within this dismal organization to be 'we have a QB and we know how to run the ball when we feel like it.'

Best I can do.

Last edited:
I'm responding to you because you are address me directly.

For your benefit I will amend my original attempt for find some kernel of hope within this dismal organization to be 'we have a QB and we know how to run the ball when we feel like it.'

Best I can do.

Trying to keep it light also (hence the smiley) - hard to do after a loss like that. :)

There are plenty here who mention it, as well as plenty elsewhere, including national sports writers.

But I get it now Henry, and I apologize. :)

EDIT: Its in the goddamn original post, for crying out loud. LOL.

He most likely mentioned it in the post to get it out of the way... so others wouldn't throw it out there... hence the "yada yada yada"... as in "I understand the same people are going to come in here and scream negatives but OUTSIDE of the negative, here's something we can talk POSTIVELY about..."

Pretty much yeah. I just thought I might add a realistic perspective on the positives, but these threads have a life of their own... It's all good
He most likely mentioned it in the post to get it out of the way... so others wouldn't throw it out there... hence the "yada yada yada"... as in "I understand the same people are going to come in here and scream negatives but OUTSIDE of the negative, here's something we can talk POSTIVELY about..."

Pretty much yeah. I just thought I might add a realistic perspective on the positives, but these threads have a life of their own... It's all good

Right, but you still mentioned it and still agree with the premise.

"I don't understand the game plans, running the ball is obvious to hide a porous defense, BUT...here are some positives."

This is getting beyond ridiculous, so I'm going to stop. We are now arguing over the intentions of certain phrases.

Right, but you still mentioned it and still agree with the premise.

"I don't understand the game plans, running the ball is obvious to hide a porous defense, BUT...here are some positives."

This is getting beyond ridiculous, so I'm going to stop. We are now arguing over the intentions of certain phrases.

the intention of the phrase is not up for debate here... the issue here is that a positive thread got turned negative, based on the same points that have been discussed, and quite frankly beaten to death, in seemingly the majority of the threads on the front page of the site. It's old. Some of us like to look at the situation and gain positive light. Having 6 players who, given the right surroundings, could be pro-bowl starters, is something to be proud of.

Yes, we understand there are negatives, but we would also like to give credit where credit is due. Taking a jab at Kyle in this thread did nothing more then hijack it. There was ZERO relevance to the original post wit that statement and that's why people are up in arms. It's old. It's been old for a while. Once again a thread has been de-railed because a negative comment has been thrown in there and we've got a whole page of bickering.

Yes Kyle is what slowed us down... but you sure as hell can't tell me the TEAM doesn't know how to run the football. Morris leads the league is YPC.... therefore we DO know how to run the ball.

Now, let's next discuss the relative value of the 3-4 vs the 4-3, shall we?

:wink:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.