• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

It's about YOU

I moved the Who's Online module to the upper right column ... I agree having to scroll all the way down to the bottom of the page is a bit much. The reasons we had for initially putting it in the center column at the bottom may result in our moving it back down there at some point (when we have a lot of users online on a more regular basis), but for now I agree it's a little more user-friendly to have it more quickly accessible.

As to the confounded New Posts thing ... here's what I encountered the last time I tried to get that one tweaked to limit the forums it draws from. Not sure I'm strong enough to try again just yet, but I promise to gird my loins to storm the castle again soon. :)

Mike,

To see who is online I usually use the Quick Links menu at the top of the page off the nav bar. The bottom option is "Who's Online".

Just another way to get to the data you want.

Mike,

To see who is online I usually use the Quick Links menu at the top of the page off the nav bar. The bottom option is "Who's Online".

Just another way to get to the data you want.

Whoah, that shows you google spiders and stuff like that. Crazy!

hehehehe....Om is girding his loins....hehehehe...

I like the 'Who's Online' list at the top, but as Mark said, when we get closer to the season and have lots of folks on at once, that isn't going to work. I might argue to swap and put the 'Buddy List' at the top right and the 'Who's online' back at the bottom. That way, if you add your 'buddies', you'll at least see which of them are online without having to scroll down - just a thought. The other thing we could do is see if we can tweak the code for the 'Who's online to show up to 10 or so, and then show a pop-up with all online members when you hover over the list - that way you could keep it at the top no matter what the traffic...

Oh goody-I'm going to gum up the works here, I'm afraid-I like the way the New Posts link works because it alerts me to breaking Redskin/NFL news without having to dig through the Forums. I also use the replies column to see if anyone has posted something new on an active (or inactive) thread-I find it very handy.

I do agree that moving the Who's online to a more convenient location would help since I use it as well to gauge activity-and to see what may suddenly have become a "hot" interest area.

I know a lot of you were able to stream the game from me this season when it was unavailable for you. However I don't think many of you know I do torrents of the games as well.

I was wondering if it would be okay to post the torrent links here. I know they were posted a lot on the other forum, but wanted to make sure before I did it here.

For those who don't know. It's the full game, commercial free, 768x432 resolution in HDTV quality, screenshots below of quality:

vlcsnap-2009-11-16-06h03m01s133.png

vlcsnap-2009-10-19-11h36m55s149.png

You can use ours. We'll leave the seat down for you.

AAwwww. The seat down!! Wow. Now THAT is a true friend!! Falling in is so not fun.

You know you use the men's room when the ladies room line is long............

I have done so in the past. Were you there too?

Truly luv this place. 2010 is the year for a kinder gentler Blondie.

Making a lot of changes this year. Getting rid of dead wood.

This is NOT one of my changes

question about women "falling in" the toilet. do you all just back up blindly and assume its down? isnt that kind of silly? what if it was ALL the way down?

Actually, yes Mike, blindly and assume.

I have just backed up and sat down. Usually happens during the night.....no lights on.....just sit.

If it is ALL the way down, you sit on the lid.....lift it up and do the job.

NOT nearly the same as hitting the cold ceramic.

I know a lot of you were able to stream the game from me this season when it was unavailable for you. However I don't think many of you know I do torrents of the games as well.

I was wondering if it would be okay to post the torrent links here. I know they were posted a lot on the other forum, but wanted to make sure before I did it here.
IB, assuming posting the torrent links isn't a copyright issue that will get us shut down or sued ( :paranoid: ), absolutely we'd love to have them. The screenshots are impressive insofar as resolution.

And since I don't believe I've ever watched a live torrent of a sporting event, I'm curious ... does it run smooth on your basic PC with standard bandwidth capabilities?

Om, Bit Torrent is simply a peer-to-peer file sharing method to download the game itself, and watch on your PC as you would a home video or something similar. You will be downloading pieces of the game from different "seeders." The torrent file is just an information file, that puts all the pieces together. Its cool because you can stop and start the download, and the file knows what pieces you have, and what pieces you still need. Its quite impressive. And since you aren't downloading the file from any one particular place, it skirts the legality issue.

Here is some more info: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BitTorrent_(protocol)

question about women "falling in" the toilet. do you all just back up blindly and assume its down? isnt that kind of silly? what if it was ALL the way down?

Actually, yes Mike, blindly and assume.

I have just backed up and sat down. Usually happens during the night.....no lights on.....just sit.

If it is ALL the way down, you sit on the lid.....lift it up and do the job.

NOT nearly the same as hitting the cold ceramic.

isnt that your fault then?

i dont just back up in the bathroom and hope i dont fall in. nor do i just back out of my garage and hope the door is open... ;)

Stay on target....stay on target!

[media]http://www.eanh.net/images/target.JPG[/media]

Thanks, LL. Skimming the wiki confirms my thinking ... it's kinda-sorta legal, and given our modest size at this point would probably not be an issue. My guess is we'll give it a spin come September--the upside for those geographically challenged and unable to watch Redskins games is obviously undeniable. And if it should become an issue at some point, we'll just shut 'er down.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

As to the Great Toilet Seat Conundrum ... if youse guys and gals don't mind, maybe we're ready to flush and get back to the party? :cool:

Thanks, LL. Skimming the wiki confirms my thinking ... it's kinda-sorta legal, and given our modest size at this point would probably not be an issue. My guess is we'll give it a spin come September--the upside for those geographically challenged and unable to watch Redskins games is obviously undeniable. And if it should become an issue at some point, we'll just shut 'er down.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Yeah. As long as BGO doesn't start creating the seeds, I think you're okay.

As to the Great Toilet Seat Conundrum ... if youse guys and gals don't mind, maybe we're ready to flush and get back to the party? :cool:

LOL, that's what my "stay on target" post was supposed to signify...although I guess it could have been construed the other way also.

isnt that your fault then?

i dont just back up in the bathroom and hope i dont fall in. nor do i just back out of my garage and hope the door is open... ;)

That there is funny. :rotflmao:

I like BGO just the way it is.

It is not really about the layout of the site (Which I like), but more of the people who post here.

*Bumpity bump*

I think we've addressed all of the suggestions so far - keep them coming. Again, we've got some things we're working on, but we always value your all's input.

Keep it coming :)

Hey Om and Co. I have some suggestions/comments if you guys are serious here. I'll PM if you are, I feel like I'm sucker punching ya in the gut publicly otherwise.

I just wanted to say that I absolutely love the new logo. It has a certain je ne se qua that I can't define.

someone is going to have to explain to me what happen with the design/look of the site.
Edit: I will be glad when it becomes Apr. 2nd

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.