• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

It wasn't a foul!

CounterTrey

The Team Captain
Reaction score
Not according to Mike Pereira at least...

1:15

Comment From Anthony
The facemask on D. Hall during Dallas' last scoring drive... I thought it's not a penalty unless you grab the mask (and pull on it)?

1:16 "That wasn't a foul. There was no twist, turn or jerk. That was the old version of the 5 yard penalty. You are all over in, Anthony.
"

So Hall gets jeers for running his mouth in a typically stupid fashion, but he was right about the crappy refs.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/mike-pereira-chat-promotion-092611

I wondered about this at the time but nearly everyone in the chatroom thought it a good call (a strange happening which should have made me more suspicious ;)).

That one would have been controversional either way. If they'd NOT called it there would be a silver and blue uproar about that too.

Bottom line? Don't get caught having to make an open field tackle on a monster like Bryant to save a sure touchdown CUZ YOU JUMPED A ROUTE ON THIRD AND 21 with the game on the line.

Grr.

I've already moved on to worrying about the Rams game. This one stung to much to dwell on for me.

You have a lot to learn about masochism, brother.

Or much to teach about hakuna-matata.

Heh.

I'll be happier when we replace the second of our CB malcontents. Josh Wilson and a new CB will be far better than what we had last year and have now.

Also...

I'm still pissed. After the medical van picked me up yesterday and over to the gym, I ditched the normal routines and went for the punching bag. Beat the snot out of it.

Just leave me alone and let these rants be as they may. I'll be ok in two or three days. And yes, I am serious.

The facemask is a little irrelevant anyway, in my opinion. He gave up a first down catch on 3rd & "a bus ride." Tacking 15 yards on the end was icing.

It was Written that night, men.

Even w/o the facemask the Cowboys were destined to win. On the final play of the game, Costa would have snapped it off Romo's head, the ball would have bounced up into Tony's hands, he would have sidestepped the rush (while Rak and Kerrigan were being mug-hugged by Dallas OL's to the detached bemusement of the zebras) and thrown a jump ball in the end zone which would have bounced off 3 Redskins hands and right to some Dallas scrub WR seeing the first snap of his NFL career, who would catch it as it hit the turf for the apparent TD.

The booth review--which clearly could have gone either way--would have lasted 15 minutes, and they'd come out and say, "the call stands."

Romo, wincing in victorious agony, would have been carried lovingly off the field on his teammate's shoulders.

You know it's true.

That one would have been controversional either way. If they'd NOT called it there would be a silver and blue uproar about that too.

Bottom line? Don't get caught having to make an open field tackle on a monster like Bryant to save a sure touchdown CUZ YOU JUMPED A ROUTE ON THIRD AND 21 with the game on the line.

Grr.
eggfriggin zactly lol

besides, we got away with flat out tackling Ware on at least one play lmao, reffing is not an exact science.

It was Written that night, men.

Even w/o the facemask the Cowboys were destined to win. On the final play of the game, Costa would have snapped it off Romo's head, the ball would have bounced up into Tony's hands, he would have sidestepped the rush (while Rak and Kerrigan were being mug-hugged by Dallas OL's to the detached bemusement of the zebras) and thrown a jump ball in the end zone which would have bounced off 3 Redskins hands and right to some Dallas scrub WR seeing the first snap of his NFL career, who would catch it as it hit the turf for the apparent TD.

The booth review--which clearly could have gone either way--would have lasted 15 minutes, and they'd come out and say, "the call stands." We did get a little justice last year for the season opener, where the Orakpo hold was actually called and cost them while they celebrated the win. That one was worth the price of admission, or should I say "priceless".

Romo, wincing in victorious agony, would have been carried lovingly off the field on his teammate's shoulders.

You know it's true.

Yes it has become (or should I say has been all along) predictable that the Cowboys always get the benefit of the controversial call. Normally, its the phantom pass interference. Or the famous "non-call" like when they won couple years back by a point on a Romo scramble where his line clearly crossed the line of scrimmage as he threw a TD. The replay clearly also shows the OL throwing a downfield block at the feet of the ref!!!!! bogus

If there's any justice, and sometimes there is, our next game will have something bigger on the line, and a Cowboy loss throws them into a season ending tailspin out of the playoffs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.