• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

It was easy to pull for the Redskins instead of Cowboys

RG3 Fan

The 1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Alma Mater
Baylor
This is the first year that I have ever rooted for an opposing team to the Cowboys and surprisingly it was easy. Several of my friends don't understand, but it is really quite simple. Who would you rather pull for Jerry Jones's team or RG 3's team? Who would you rather pull for Tony Romo or RG 3? See not that hard to understand.:halo:

Will never forget when Jerry Jones kicked Tom Landry to the curb and how he did it. Nothing has really changed with Jerry. Same classless Arkansas hillbilly jerk he has always been.

Will still loyally support the Cowboys except when they play the Redskins.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmzuRXLzqKk[/media]

Umm...Welcome? Or should I say don't let the door hit you on the way IN? :laugh:

I admit I don't "get" this, RG3 Fan. I could understand a full-on allegiance change. Or being a Cowboys' fan, but still following RG3. But I don't get "I'll root for the Cowboys unless they're playing their arch-rival."

Regardless, it's been a pleasure having you here. I'm glad you found us. I hope you can someday leave the "dark side" all together! lol

Yup, have to agree with Jugband. Our team has been putrid for 2 decades, but no matter who signed with the Cowboys, I couldn't root for them. Glad to have you but can't understand rooting for a rival, particularly if you were around during the rivalries heyday.

RG3 Fan has been with us since March guys - and a great member too!

Several of you say 'I could never...', but if your alma mater had a guy like RG3, who I believe is the kind of young man that rarely comes along in sports or life, leading the way, I think you might well 'root' for whatever team he landed on to a certain extent. Now, even in that circumstance, would I root against my Redskins? No. And I think that's what you're saying. But having perused a lot of Texas-based websites, I can tell you that there's a lot of hatred for Jerry Jones, hatred that eclipses anything Redskins fans have ever mustered up for Daniel Snyder. And I think that's where the difference lies.

Regardless of what brought you here RG3 Fan, we're glad you're here. :cheers:

Well done, Pez! Perfect analogy! ;)

Nicely said, Boone. Danny's arrogance was only surpassed by that of Jerry Jones. Thankfully, ONE of them has learned his lesson.

Glad to have you aboard RG3 Fan and glad to have you on our side when we play Dallas. :cheers:

RG3 Fan has been with us since March guys - and a great member too!

Several of you say 'I could never...', but if your alma mater had a guy like RG3, who I believe is the kind of young man that rarely comes along in sports or life, leading the way, I think you might well 'root' for whatever team he landed on to a certain extent. Now, even in that circumstance, would I root against my Redskins? No. And I think that's what you're saying. But having perused a lot of Texas-based websites, I can tell you that there's a lot of hatred for Jerry Jones, hatred that eclipses anything Redskins fans have ever mustered up for Daniel Snyder. And I think that's where the difference lies.

Regardless of what brought you here RG3 Fan, we're glad you're here. :cheers:

I would compare what happened to Tom Landry if it had happened to Coach Gibbs via Dan Snyder. I could easily cheer against Dan Snyder if UVA produced an all everything QB like RG3 and had scorned Coach Gibbs. Easily. I would still be a Redskins fan, but you don't mess with Coach Gibbs. That is how some Cowboys fans feel about Coach Landry.

I cheer for all UVA grads to a certain degree - that is my college home. I'm just glad that Dan Snyder was smart enough to embrace Coach Gibbs - even though Gibbs Part 2 was no where near Gibbs Part 1. Look at the pride that Lanky has in his fellow Florida Atlantic alum. There is nothing wrong with cheering for a favorite son of your alma mater.

Major props to to RG3 Fan and all of the Baylor faithful who grace us with their presence. Each of you are valued members of the family here and nothing can change that fact.

Very well put BB :cheers:

It matters not who you rooted for yesterday, I'm glad to have you as a fan today and trust you will never leave your new home!

RG3 Fan has been one of my favorite posters since the day he joined. Anyone that ventures outside of the SOW forum knows what a quality poster he is.

I completely understand what he's saying, because I am the same way with Tarheels basketball. When Jordan was at UNC, I was obsessed. I come from a line almost a century strong of Tarheels fans. When Jordan was drafted by the Bulls, it was the first time I ever watched NBA basketball. I was obsessed with the Bulls, because of Michael Jordan.

Then Jerrys decided they wanted to dismantle the greatest thing the NBA had ever seen (I'm sensing a theme - Jerrys must be assholes lol) and it really bothered me. Who doesn't re-sign Michael Jordan? So as we all know, Jordan left and eventually wound up playing for the Wizards. I never rooted for them, but I was still a Jordan fan. And although I still loosely follow the Bulls, I am not really a fan anymore. In fact, I almost never watch NBA games at all anymore, because of how Jordan was treated.

Now if another Tarheel comes along that starts tearing up the league (I thought Vince Carter would when he came out) then I will follow his career religiously just as I did Jordan's. But my loyalty is no longer with the Bulls.

A little clarification

After reading some of the responses to my post I feel that I must go into a little more detail as to why I would root against a pro team that I have followed since my childhood. First of all, Baylor gave me the education that I needed to have a fulfilling career and life. The Dallas Cowboys did not do that for me. They just sucked up my money and gave me some definite joy in life, but did not help me grow as person. Baylor did. My allegiance is to Baylor over the Cowboys.

Since Coach Grant Teaff’s retirement (approx. 30 years ago) I have followed Baylor football and watched one disappointing season after another until the arrival of Coach Art Briles and Robert Griffin III. They literally turned the cellar football program around. You are just now experiencing a small glimpse of what I experienced with RG3 breathing his leadership, skills, and positive energy into a “loser” mentality program (Baylor Football).

RG3 is not just another player to me, he was a savior to a failing program. Jerry Jones has tainted “America’s Team”. It is a business run by a jerk. The Cowboys have some very likeable players and I enjoy watching them, but my allegiance is with Baylor University. Baylor is the team that I will root for even in bad times. Being the diehard Redskin fans that you are I would think you would understand where I am coming from. There are many other Baylor fans who have changed allegiances as well. I am not alone.

its like a jihadi self detonating on a plane carrying all of irans nuclear scientists. who can complain.

all kidding aside I can see where hes comming from, I know people who could care less about the pro game and bleed their school. Good for him having allegiance to his school, and good for him in being able to enjoy everything the sport has to offer. We are all just wittnesses to this game, good for him that he can enjoy all that he can.

RG3 Fan, I am glad you pull for Redskins when we play Dallas. As Redskins fan for over 40 yrs, I can say it is easy for me to pull against Dallas every week. I appreciate Baylor developing such a fine young man like RG3.

I am like the old saying, "My favorite teams are the Redskins and whoever is playing Dallas."

I have always hated the Eagles as much as Dallas, classless group of fans behind a dogpatch team.

But because the Redskins and Eagles never seem to be good at the same time the rivalry has always been with Dallas.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

How do you NOT root for this guy? I mean, if he ever leaves DC for another team (he better not Allen, or I'm fire-bombing your house) I would definitely have to follow that team more closely. He's awesome.

Rob Jackson is making a case for a new contract. I can't believe that if he was doing this in practice as Shanahan indicated that it took this long for Haslett to give him the reps.

Through the first 4-5 games no one was stepping up!
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.