• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

It is not about RGIII

burgold

The Pro Bowler
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
The Redskins proved themselves a team against Cleveland and again last week versus the Eagles. This game is not about RGIII, but about the Redskins and to a greater extent about us. The will to win. You can feel that on the field. Where past teams took a shot to the chin and crumpled this one rises up off the turf and hits back hard. This one screams in controlled fury.

Six in a row. Think about that. Six in a row from a place where everyone was ready to plant the tombstone of another head coach. There weren't even whispers about firing Shanny, firing Haslett, firing Danny Smith, or about how RGIII was the only player on a talentless, worthless roster.

This game isn't about RGIII.

It's about Cooley, Moss, Alexander, about invisible blue collar guys, and pups with potential. It's about guys stepping up when players fell like Rob Jackson or Maurice Hurt or Kirk Cousins. It's about that fan that through 20 years of bad, let's not call it mediocrity with so many 10 loss season, but 20 years of bad... we can still show up hoarse, loud, and willing to put our hearts on the line.

That's why I have no fear about saying "we" when I talk about the Washington Redskins. I have been a part of this team for more than thirty years and lived and died and sweated and screamed for them. I have willed them to victory and mourned with them through losses.

This game isn't about RGIII. It's about us and we need to be there. It's about the Redskins and they have to step up. It's about the enemy. And how perfect is it that the enemy of the day, the last obstacle in the way is our chief rivals. Will we carry the day?

I never make predictions, but I'll tell you this... along with RGIII, and the Redskins I will be there to fight for ole DC.

Last edited:
Today was about "and"

That was sensational opportunistic defense. That was fantastic run blocking. That was timely runs by RGIII. AND that was a sensational game by Alfred Morris.

It was all of the above. It was not about RGIII... it was about AND

Carry that defensive effort through the playoffs and we'll go deep

If Shanahan had not drafted Cousins in Round 4, which was booed by everyone from Mel Kiper to many Redskins fans, the Redskins would not be standing here this evening as NFC East champions.

Griffin and Morris were not the only good moves made for younger players in the offseason.

If Shanahan had not drafted Cousins in Round 4, which was booed by everyone from Mel Kiper to many Redskins fans, the Redskins would not be standing here this evening as NFC East champions.

Griffin and Morris were not the only good moves made for younger players in the offseason.

True, and don't forget Crawford and even Stabby who filled in well today!

the exchange of Forbath for Cundiff was another key to the season.

I thought it was an excellent move at the time and still do

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.