• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Isray picks Griffin

RG3 Fan

The 1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Alma Mater
Baylor
What are the odds? Isray loves drama and I believe he delights in stringing everyone along. I think the odds are only 10% that he picks RG3. Your thoughts.

I think the odds are 0% (because they Colts have reportedly already 'decided'). Having sent a first ballot HOF-er packing when he could probably have continued in Indy, they HAVE to pick a sure-fire successor. Luck is a sure-fire successor. I love RG3, but he's a far bigger draft risk than Luck is.

I just don't believe Irsay and company will risk the fury of their fanbase if they were to go RG3 and it doesn't work out.

I think Luck will keep him in the news just fine too, Mike. Just a hunch, of course, but still...

Being a twitter drama queen and passing on the consensus best QB prospect in a decade are two entirely different things.

0%. Irsay is rather crazy, but he is not dumb. The fanbase would revolt and the player they call "RGLeaf" would get a colder reception than the one Donovan McNabb received in Philly.

One thing is certain. The Baylor fans that have gathered here would move on and we would hate to see that happen.

I'd say less than 1%. I know we are all big RG3 fans here, but if you totally put personal feelings aside and step back to look at it objectively, Luck just makes too much sense for Indy.

Luck fits their offense better. He's more of the pocket passer prototype. He's already called his own plays. He's already played in a pro style offense. He comes from a football family.

RG3 is incredible, but the risks are higher. He hasn't played in a pro style offense. He has racked up stats against some highly questionable defenses. The offense he is coming from has made a lot of marginal QBs look incredible.

Both are great. But I believe that at least for Indy, and for the offense they run, the decision to take Luck is an extremely easy one.

Just out of curiousity, what other 'evidence' is there that the Colts are going to pick Griffin? I heard that they've 'stopped talking' all of a sudden. Well - duh. We're a week before the draft and they know who they are picking. Not much left to chatter about at that point.

I'm working on the latest mock (hope to post it in about 30-45 minutes) and this dang near made my computer explode. :)

Luck fits their offense better. He's more of the pocket passer prototype.

I consider this bogus. First, they have a whole new offensive coaching staff so we don't know what they will run there yet. At the lease, we know it won't be Peyton's offense. And second, if we go off what Arians ran in Pittsburgh, he would love a guy like RG3 who is mobile, accurate and likes the deep ball.

I consider this bogus. First, they have a whole new offensive coaching staff so we don't know what they will run there yet. At the lease, we know it won't be Peyton's offense. And second, if we go off what Arians ran in Pittsburgh, he would love a guy like RG3 who is mobile, accurate and likes the deep ball.

Fair enough, but I just feel differently. The Colts have already drafted, groomed and taught their linemen how to block for a Manning type of QB for years now. Their playbook is already established for that type of game. I don't see any reason why they would just throw all of that out the window to adjust for RG3.

If both players really play to their potential, you are probably looking at Luck being another Manning, Montana or Marino. RG3 might be an improved version of Vick. Some say an Elway.

Between those, I just can't fathom the Colts even considering RG3 for more than a few seconds.

Damnit man! You scared the ****ing **** out of me! Lol
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

Fun to get your blood going Mike, or did you have to clean yourself up? lol

One thing is certain. The Baylor fans that have gathered here would move on and we would hate to see that happen.[/QUOTE] from Burgundy Burner.

If the Redskins get stuck with Luck, Baylor fans might move on, but I now will always have a warm spot in my heart for the Redskin Fans because they welcomed RG3 with such open arms. Your enthusiasm is very impressive. (I can't believe I am saying this since I am a lifelong Cowboy fan.) Whoever you get, whether it is RG3, or you get stuck with Luck; you will improve.
I would like to see the Cowboy/Redskin rivalries of old. It was a lot of fun.

What I am saying is that I have gained respect for my enemy, and if RG3 happens to join you, I will root for you every game(you will no longer be my enemy). I use this formula RG3+Redskins> Cowboys. Luck+Redskins<Cowboys. I am a bigger fan of all things Baylor (RG3 is the epitome of Baylor) than I am a fan of any pro football team.

Last edited:
I had the same reaction Mike did. I saw the title, my blood pressure spiked, and I wanted to throw up.

Know why the Colts stopped short of using Luck's name yesterday when they announced the know who they're drafting?

For the same reason that the NFL is apparently going to NOT allow cameras in the green room next Thursday night to show players receiving phone calls from teams before the official announcement has been made:

The NFL knows Draft Night is a TV ratings bonanza. They want to keep whatever "drama" there is about the 1st pick alive right up until Goodell walks to the podium.

I have little doubt that Goodell's office has communicated to Irsay, either officially or not, that he should stop short of making the announcement official.

At this stage of the game nothin' would surprise me.

As I said in the Poll thread my choice of Griff was determined by a coin toss.

I still feel the same way.

I good with either guy but I will admit that Griff would be fun to watch develop.

Luck appears to be just too solid for any disappointment if he ends up here.

Fair enough, but I just feel differently. The Colts have already drafted, groomed and taught their linemen how to block for a Manning type of QB for years now. Their playbook is already established for that type of game. I don't see any reason why they would just throw all of that out the window to adjust for RG3.

What playbook? Do you really think Bruce Arians, a successful OC for years in the NFL doesn't already have his own playbook? Did Gibbs keep Spurrier's playbook? Did Marty use Norv's or Zorn use Joe's? Come on, of all the teams in the league, we know how it goes when one leaves and another comes in perhaps better than anyone. Perhaps some aspects or nuances will remain but even that will largely be because Bruce wants it that way too.

The new Colts staff has been very open about building more of a power team, a bully, if you will. I expect the offense to look much more like the Pittsburgh offense in Ben's early years where Bettis was the workhorse and the passing game was just there to keep defenses honest. I don't think we will see much, if any, of Peyton's up tempo, no huddle passing attack in Indy, at least for the first few years. Ball control will be the order of the day.

They are starting over and committed to it.

(I can't believe I am saying this since I am a lifelong Cowboy fan.) Whoever you get, whether it is RG3, or you get stuck with Luck; you will improve.
I would like to see the Cowboy/Redskin rivalries of old. It was a lot of fun.

What I am saying is that I have gained respect for my enemy, and if RG3 happens to join you, I will root for you every game(you will no longer be my enemy). I use this formula RG3+Redskins> Cowboys. Luck+Redskins<Cowboys. I am a bigger fan of all things Baylor (RG3 is the epitome of Baylor) than I am a fan of any pro football team.

Myself along with vast majority of the football world would be surprised to see Colts take RG3. I know I want RG3. Every time I see an interview of him I am more and more impressed.

I kind of forgive you for being a Cowboy fan. After Cap Gate think Giants are moving up the list of strongly disliked teams. Cowboys may move down...just a little. :)

Like you, I miss the intense Redskin/Cowboy rivalry. I remember when Dallas week meant something to both teams. Free Agency has hurt this some, but when the NFL realizes what the teams fighting for something means to the bottom line, just maybe they will give us some money back.

Cheers to RG3 coming to DC.

Does Irsay make such decisions for his team? How many owners make draft picks?

I say the odds are 60/40. They are leaning towards Luck, but the undeniable ceiling of RGIII has got to be tempting, I don't care HOW sold on Luck they are. I think the Colts are enjoying the spotlight and publicity from making the decision, that's why they were waffling before, and now have made a "decision" but won't publicize it. Ridiculous. If you've made a decision, start negotiating and give the guy a contract. Make sure he knows he was your guy all along. There is no benefit (except to the NFL, as Om pointed out) to waiting until Thursday.

I think Thursday night we'll hear Luck announced as the first overall pick, but I think that final decision will be made sometime Thursday afternoon.

Seems unlikely. At best:

Adam Schefter‏@AdamSchefterReply
No great surprise, it's what most expected, but Colts have told Andrew Luck they will take him with the No. 1 overall pick, per NFL source.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.