• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Is there another win on the schedule?

Is there another win on the schedule - which teams do we have a prayer against?

• vs. Broncos

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • at Cowboys

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • at Eagles

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • vs. Saints

• at Raiders

Votes: 15 65.2%
  • vs. Giants

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • vs. Cowboys

Votes: 7 30.4%
  • at Chargers

• No.

Votes: 6 26.1%

• Total voters
wow, apparently this site has folded up camp and called it a season already.

you really dont think we can beat any team left? not even the raiders? I would say that Im shocked but Im not.

'This site' isn't composed of a bunch of mindless idiots Mike - so lets not act as if it were. You disagree - that's fine, but this isn't a site filled with either blind homerism, or bitter pessimists incapable of acknowledging any bright spot. I think you're confusing us with some other place?

So lets get to your point. First of all, the question isn't 'on any given Sunday, could the Redskins beat any of the remaining teams?'. Obviously, any NFL fan knows even the worst of teams can surprise the best of the best once. It happens all the time. What the poll is asking is not 'can we', but 'will we' win another game this season. In answering that, I think most of us look at the evidence before us. The disarray of the coaching staff, the patchwork offensive line which gave up 5 sacks in the first half last week, the inability to consistently score, and even the vaunted defense's ability to stop the opponent when it really counts - there's ample evidence this team isn't just bad, it's godawful bad. And I don't see a lot to pin my hopes on in terms of a turn-around. You may, but I'd have to ask, other than the statistical chances any team, no matter how horrible, can win some games, what are you basing your optimism on? I'm not sure last year's experience is even relevant in terms of predicting the remainder of this season. This team is in a spiral last year's team never even got close to.

I picked the Redskins to beat the Raiders and the Cowboys at home. In other words, to have the same success they had in the 2nd half of the season as they did the 1st half.

The more jaded vets that go out of the lineup and younger,hungrier players take their places the better chance this club has to pull off an upset or two.

My personal feeling is that at 2-6 you could see some vets start to pack it in and wait to move on in 2010.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

The more jaded vets that go out of the lineup and younger,hungrier players take their places the better chance this club has to pull off an upset or two.

My personal feeling is that at 2-6 you could see some vets start to pack it in and wait to move on in 2010.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

Start?? In my opinion, several vets have been mailing it in since the Detroit game.

Think I'm with Sarge.

Raiders are the only game we're going to have a chance of winning.

And Mike, it's not that I've "mailed it in". It's the simple fact that right now, we're just not a very good football team and shouldn't expect to beat good teams.

If we're 100% healthy and motivated toward the possibility of a playoff run, then sure, we beat more than half of those teams and look great doing it. But in reality, our team's decimated with injuries, has no depth to replace these injured players, not to mention that we lack any form of identity, unity, leadership, discipline, and most importantly, character.

Our coaching situation is laughable, creating a leaderless environment in which players with big egos are given opportunity to play undisciplined football without having to answer to anyone. The quarterback play is consistently inconsistent. Our tackling is suspect.

The fans of the franchise are literally coming up with new ways to revolt every day and how can you blame them? These are among the darkest days in this proud organization and there doesn't seem to be any hope in sight. We know this, the media knows this, and most importantly, the players know this.

How can there possibly be any sense of 'team' and 'us', when all the players know the whole damn thing gets blown up in a few months? Answer's simple - there isn't. We are no longer a team. We are a bunch of individuals playing for a job next year.

Our two wins this year were against two of the worst teams in the league, which is why I say we can compete with Oakland. But have no illusions - any team we face that has 3 or more wins will likely kick the ____ out of us. And the worst part is, only a small handful of the players will actually care.

We won't win more than 2-3 more games this year. And that IS being optimistic :) That's not because fans don't want it to happen. It's not because Redskins fans are 'pessimistic' or have 'given up'. It's because our offensive line, offense overall, and coaching are wretched. Not bad. Really bad. The problem with the 'any given Sunday' mindset is that you have to play EVERY Sunday. When a single win appears to damn near require a miracle, logic dictates you aren't going to have many miracles in a season like this one. The one inarguable quality about our Redskins is that they play down or up to their competition. Are we capable of hanging with good teams? Yep. Are we capable of letting bad teams roll us? Yep. That may be the most frustrating thing about this team.

So yeah - can the Redskins hang tough with teams like the Eagles and Giants and be in position to win those games? Absolutely. Will they win those games? I think not.

I just hope when this season turns out exactly as most of us expect it to, with 4 or 5 wins max, that you'll take your licks and acknowledge it wasn't fan negativity that was the issue.

its not the fans that are why we are losing anyways. i wont say that.

and if we win 4 or below ill take my licks.

if we win 6 or more you take yours...

5 is a wash...

deal?

Fair enough :)

Come ooooon orton!!

Believe it or not there is actually some concern about this game being expressed on the largest independent Bronco fan forum. Quotes from a thread about Sunday's matchup:

Not to be a downer here, but its a East coast game, on a short week, and its an early game.

I dont have all the time I need right now to look it up, but off the top of my head, this teams history with east coast early games is poor.

Sure hope they prove me wrong, but I have a bad feeling about this one.

Washington has a SOLID defence. Like us, their offence is the weak link. We won't score a bunch on them. As has been the case so many times already this year, our defence is going to have to win the game for us...

Denver can't overlook anybody the way their O is playing . Not going to win to many games rushing for 20-something yards a game......I know the Ravens and the STellers run Defense are great but, that just not going to get it done

Are we really going to look past Washington with such ease despite the fact we were able to get three points offensively last week? Wow. Much braver than I am. Maybe brave isn't the right word. Perhaps short-sighted?

We have to win this game, do whatever it takes.

Better bring some points on offense or it will be the same old.

A friend of mine who's a Broncos fan is worried the Denver "Grieses" will show up once again. He swears Kyle Orton is the Second Coming of Brian Griese. While with the Broncos, Bob's Boy could look like a Super Bowl QB one game and then have you scratching your head, wondering how the hell he ever made it to the NFL the next.

I hoping the Orton the showed up against the Ravens and Steelers sticks around at least one more week.

it would be in Washington's interest to go 2-14.

the new administration coming in wouldn't own that record or be tainted by it, and for Zorn and Cerrato, well they HAVE failed miserably to put anything of note on the field we can remember.

the high pick would also be another factor in luring the next HC.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.