• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Is it me, or is Aikman a douche when he calls our games?

Skinsfan1311

The 1st Round Pick
Joe Gibbs Club Member
Reaction score
I've had it with this guy. It's like having a Cowboys cheerleader in the booth.

I understand the homerism, to a point, but he's being a big Dallas dick.

Aikman is a Cowboy to the core and I think he still harbors resentment over Arrington ending his career.

Admittedly, Theisman was just as bad, (and worse as a playcaller), but he didn't try to hide the fact that he was/is a Redskins homer.

:furious2:

Actually, there have been times where he has been fair to us, but yesterday definitely was not one of them. I could almost hear his voice cracking when he said, "Why didn't he just run it in?" when Hall slid at the 1 yard line. I swear I could hear tears in his eyes! :laugh:

I've never understood this argument. I've always found him to be incredibly fair to us. Even overly fair to us.

I've never understood this argument. I've always found him to be incredibly fair to us. Even overly fair to us.

Years ago, I would agree with this statement. I used to like it when he called our games.

+1

I couldn't disagree with the OP more, in fact I think Aikman is the best in the biz.

+1

I couldn't disagree with the OP more, in fact I think Aikman is the best in the biz.

But yesterday, he lacked objectivity. He was not on his game yesterday. He was clearly reaching all day in favor of the Cowboys.

I would like to have bitch slapped Buck in the second half. He may have been trying to keep viewers from changing channel, but every time he said I feel the momentum changing to the Cowboys... I wish could have slapped him.

I dunno E I think folks are being a little thin skinned here. I noticed a few times as well but overall I thought he was equally as critical of the Cowboys. No announcer is perfect, most of em feel like Redskins haters on any given day but it's really not the case.

The only time when Troy showed some homerism came on the interception by DeAngelo. DHall did not hold on that play nor did he commit an interference. It was the usual bumping and grinding - nothing more, nothing less.

Aikman never bothers me, buck, moose totally different story.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

+1

Its the relentless dribble from his douchey sidekick that I can't take. Aikman has been really fair over the years, yesterday maybe not as much but he is what he is... a Cowbum. I've struggled to admit that I like him on TV over the years, but really... who out there is much better? And he has to do the Dallass games, the network forces it, no doubt.

The only time when Troy showed some homerism came on the interception by DeAngelo. DHall did not hold on that play nor did he commit an interference. It was the usual bumping and grinding - nothing more, nothing less.

Yeah that was not just the QB in him speaking there, but the Cowbum QB speaking there. I was waiting to hear about the pushoff Bryant got away with on Wilson for the TD but never did. Aikman wouldn't ever complain about that because he made his name off of Irvin doing the same and worse.

Sorry man, but that wasn't nearly the only time. That was just one of the most obvious and glaring times.

Aikman, and especially Buck, are puke homers.

Oh, sure, they occasionally give praise to Skins players, but most of the time it's, "if Griffin didn't thread that needle exactly, it could have been a big play in the other direction," or "such and such puke player almost made a great play on that Redskin touchdown."

Giving faint praise to us is hardly being objective.

They shouldn't do any NFCE games.

Exactly. I don't remember the exact statement, but it was after another excellent throw by Griffin, Aikman basically said that if he'd thrown that one like he threw the interception on a previous series, it would have been another interception for the Cowboys.

Absolutely bizarre perspective. I rarely even hear that type of ridiculous comment by homer fans watching the games. It made me scream at the TV on Alfred Morris's next successful run, "And if the offensive line had missed their blocks on that run like they did on a previous run, that would have been a one yard loss!".

I really don't understand why their crap NFC East commentary is allowed to continue unchecked.

Aikman, and especially Buck, are puke homers.

Oh, sure, they occasionally give praise to Skins players, but most of the time it's, "if Griffin didn't thread that needle exactly, it could have been a big play in the other direction," or "such and such puke player almost made a great play on that Redskin touchdown."

Giving faint praise to us is hardly being objective.

They shouldn't do any NFCE games.
I think Joe Buck is the piece of **** there.

"Momentum change"
"Cowboys surging"

He cant help but suck the bums off
Aikman never bothers me, buck, moose totally different story.

Is it me, or did Aikman and Buck sound like the same person?

Could be just me, but the post-feast tryptophan and the Maker's Mark may have had something to do with it.

With all due respect to the posters who think otherwise, we can agree to disagree and I stand by my original post.

On a much happier note....doesn't it kick ass that we're talking about this kind of thing, instead of lamenting over getting our asses kicked?

Enjoy the rest of your holiday!

Last edited:
Buck is much worse than Aikman.

During the second half he kept talking about how Romo was a winner for not giving up, etc.

That's what guys all over the NFL do each Sunday - COMPETE.

Memo to Buck: just because you play hard and compete, that doesn't make you a winner.

Romo has thrown for 400 yards 4 times and lost all those games.

Buck is much worse than Aikman.

During the second half he kept talking about how Romo was a winner for not giving up, etc.

That's what guys all over the NFL do each Sunday - COMPETE.

Memo to Buck: just because you play hard and compete, that doesn't make you a winner.

Romo has thrown for 400 yards 4 times and lost all those games.

Yeah they just don't get the fact that he has to throw 400 yards a game to make up for the a) Picks he's gonna throw AND b) his team sucks

Romo is a half decent fantasy QB and the stats are all that half of the talking idiots look at or care about anyway. How many times do you have to hear Brian Billick call our defense the "strength of our team" or other such nonsense to realize that most of these talking heads don't pay attention to the teams that they don't think have a chance. As soon as you look like crap they stop paying attention and follow the usual suspects.

Tony Romo will go down as one of the biggest busts in Cowboy history. He had pieces around him, he had all the receivers, he had overpriced olines, a hall of fame TE, a Hall of Fame caliber DE, an overpriced secondary, and he squandered all that talent year after year until the window slammed on his buttery fingers.

Before any of you dispute the definition of a bust, you have to consider the time, effort and money they have invested in building around this buffoon.

Watching him I think Romo is limited by his lack of height and size as Vick is.

That interception to Fletcher was in part due to Romo not being able to see the field.

That's not a pick that a 6'5 Manning or Roethlisberger makes.

Romo is listed at 6'1 plus but there is no way he is just an inch shorter than Griffin.

And what is Vick, 5'10?

Sorry man, but that wasn't nearly the only time. That was just one of the most obvious and glaring times.

Exactly. I don't remember the exact statement, but it was after another excellent throw by Griffin, Aikman basically said that if he'd thrown that one like he threw the interception on a previous series, it would have been another interception for the Cowboys.

I really don't understand why their crap NFC East commentary is allowed to continue unchecked.

That was a catch Moss made out of the slot dead center between the hashes he had to go up a bit for.

i hate troy period ...i said i hate troy ,my girl said but he's a legend , i wanted to slap her in the mouth ,since she grew up a cowgirl fan....by tha way her dad never showed up ! ha ha ha

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.