• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Is it just me, or is the NFL rules committee targeting Redskins players?

Skinzfan

The Rookie
Reaction score
Military Branch
Coast Guard
The NFL rules committee is made up of the following members:
Rich McKay (Atlanta Falcons)
- Jeff Fisher (St. Louis Rams)
- Stephen Jones (Dallas Cowboys)
- Marvin Lewis (Cincinnati Bengals)
- John Mara (New York Giants)
- Mark Murphy (Green Bay Packers)
- Ozzie Newsome (Baltimore Ravens)
- Rick Smith (Houston Texans)
- Mike Tomlin (Pittsburgh Steelers)

At first glance it does not appear to be a group that is made up of Redskins haters. However, the real teeth of the committee is John Mara who, as we all know, is a royal douche bag. Two new rules for this year involve touchdown celebrations. One says you can't do a salute and the other is you can't spin the ball. Well, Alfred Morris does a salute after each touchdown and both Garcon and Moss like to spin the ball after a touchdown; coincidence? Are there other NFL players who do these same TD celebrations? :uhoh:

The last time a posted a thread on this kind of thing was in regards to the coincidential things that happended regarding the infamous Mara led cap penalty handed down to us and the Cowpukes.

I found an article on For the Win that has some clarification - apparently Morris' home run swing is still fine, as long as he doesn't pantomime hitting an opponent's head off. Salutes are fine also, as long as not done at an opponent, and Moss & Garçon can still spin the ball after a touchdown, just not in the field of play. This explains why Victor Cruz was not flagged either.

A visual guide to the NFL?s new anti-celebration rules | For The Win

While I hate Mara as much as the rest of ya, I think folks are over thinking this one.

At the end of the day, these are rules that will apply to all players throughout the league. From this point forward, if our guys are aware of the rules and don't make an adjustment to follow them, then it's their fault for getting flagged/penalized.

Hopefully we make scoring touchdowns by the dozen a routine this year and we won't have to even worry about being over-dramatic with the TD celebrations. :)

My favorite Redskins' player of all time is John Riggins. He never celebrated in the end zone. After a TD he would toss the ball to a referee almost every time. He said something in one of his specials about that and I find it to hold true...speaking of this, he said, "Act like you've been there before."

I know some of you enjoy the showboating, but I don't. Just be a professional and act like you've been there before.

And to be honest...I know this will get some feathers ruffled...I din't like the fun bunch! I thought it was...well...ghey! Except of course when they jumped over Downs and Thurman.

Not in the least. Curtailing extravagant touchdown celebrations is hardly a detriment to the team. I think the leagues going to far and hurting the entertainment factor of the game, but it's not a conspiracy.

My favorite Redskins' player of all time is John Riggins. He never celebrated in the end zone. After a TD he would toss the ball to a referee almost every time. He said something in one of his specials about that and I find it to hold true...speaking of this, he said, "Act like you've been there before."

Another way to put it - Act like you're not in complete and utter shock that you were able to score a TD.......
...Which, by the way, is what you're paid millions to do.

Yeah... the yellow face mask rule. It's been in effect ever since I've been following the team.

Unfortunately this is the world we live in anymore.... Personally I don't think were being targeted, but I will agree that it's getting out of hand. I'm not a fan of the extensive celebrations using props and stuff that literally slow down the pace of the game, but i will tell you one of the best celebrations I've seen was Steve Smith rowing a canoe, looking behind him, and turning his row into a panic. I thought it was great, but since he was sitting on his butt, it would have been called a penalty.

Emotion is part of the game they're playing. There is an IMMENSE level of pressure, with constant scrutiny and management. Being proud of a sack, or a first down should be welcomed, but excessive and rude celebrations that slow the game down are too much. If players get upset that a guy makes a first down signal when he makes one... dont let him make a first down.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.