• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Instant Pot Anyone?

Boone

The Commissioner
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Military Branch
Marine Corps
Alma Mater
Virginia
I was short of ideas for Christmas presents for my kids this year, and ended up getting them both an Instant Pot. They accidentally sent 3 of them instead of 2. That was clearly the Universe telling me I need one for myself.

I have only made 3 recipes with mine so far. 2 of them were whole chicken recipes. I just did a rub/paste on the chicken and then used the 'Sear' setting to put a little bit of high temp sear on the chicken. Once they are seared, I did one of them with nothing but a cup of chicken stock and some lemon. The other chicken recipe was identical except that I put some fresh fennel and mushrooms in with the chicken. When it was done, I served the vegetables and stock over some rice.

I have also figured out how to make great yogurt with ultra-pasteurized milk and 3-4 tablespoons of a cultured yogurt from the store. Really as simple as dumping a gallon of milk into the Instant Pot, mixing the yogurt culture in well, set it to ferment for about 8 hours, then I put it in the fridge to cool and drain (using a colander and some cheesecloth) so the consistency is like greek yogurt. Once it has drained, I mix in fresh fruit (blueberries and strawberries) and some honey. It's the best yogurt I've ever had, ultra cheap, and easy to do.

Anyone else have an Instantpot, and if so, what are some of your go to recipes?

we make our hard boiled eggs in it. Never have an egg that doesn't come out just perfect

We make a pad thai in it. Takes about 15 minutes and is perfect.

There are all kinds of recipes on Pintrest for it. The wife is a master with hers!

Instant pots are awesome... we use ours semi-regularly.

Chicken and Dumplings and Home-Made Hamburger Helper are in our rotation currently given the weather. My wife finds all the recipes on Pinterest too.

Cindy uses it a lot. Short ribs, pot roast, collared greens, corned beef and cabbage to name a few.

I need some corned beef in my life. I feel like that's a meat that isn't used nearly enough for as delicious as it is.

man that's a tricky cut of meat. I've done it a couple times and it comes out tasting like a salt lick for a horse.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.