• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Inside Look at Moderator's Meetings

Coach Shanahan will put a stop to it. Just wait and see.

Coach Shanahan will put a stop to it. Just wait and see.

I hope he does, and quickly. Banks has always struck me as a little bit of a knucklehead, so I wasn't shocked to see him involved. But the other two disappointed me a little.

Oh well.

Banks is done, we need Hurt, but Markus White is disappointing. I think he is a very solid backup. The only reason he didn't go much higher in the draft is because of his medical condition. I thought he was the real steal in the draft last year. His play in last year's pre-season reminded me a lot of Rak.

Rare that I come down on the more lenient side of the fence than the rest of you :) I don't think the team has much control over which products/services players endorse, do they? I don't think this was the most intelligent move by the 3 Stooges involved, but if they'd been smart they'd have nixed the idea of using photos of them in uniform or using the word 'Redskins' in the ads. The team will take issue with that regardless of how they feel about player involvement. All in all, this is pretty tame stuff. Doesn't reflect well on family values, but hey, have any of you been to a Redskins game lately? Redskins games don't reflect very well on family values (unless your family likes to spill beer, shout the 'F bomb' in each other's face, or pick fights with the neighbors :)).

And on a side note, what the hell is up with Dan Steinberg? I generally like his stuff, but he's really embraced the Post's penchant for muck-raking and negative coverage. Half of everything he's put out lately has been this kind of stuff. They'll probably promote him.

Well, this is Mike Shanahan that we're talking about, not Jim Zorn. But good point about the trademarked items being used. The league could have something to say about it from that point of view as well.

I doubt the players knew that it was going to be advertised like this. The following conversation is possible:

Bar owner--"Hey, it's going to be wild here next Saturday night. Are you guys going to join us?"

One of the players--"Of course. We can't miss that."

Then the bar owner took the liberty of running the ad.

I seriously doubt that the players scanned photos of themselves in jerseys, then sent them to the bar owner.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.