• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

In this time of "Change", is it time for a new Radio Booth?

Is it time for a new Skins Radio Booth?

• Total voters
He is the guy who put him behind the mic. What are the odds he fires himself?

I'm not gonna lie here. I'm not a Larry fan, but Sonny & Sam has gotten so bad, that i can honestly tolerate Larry if they had someone else do the color commentary. Doc would be great, but that means i would miss his post game comments (Redskins Postgame Live, espn980 MMQ show), which i love BTW. I would like Joey T. to do the color, but i wonder if that would interfere with his NFLN gig.

Before TiVo came into my life, I would definitely have said 'Yes'. Like Boone said, it's almost getting to the point of embarrassment for Sam, and I'd much rather have Mike Patrick than Larry.

All that said, I voted 'Don't Care', simply because the advent of DVR made listening to the live broadcast obsolete in my world. I'm the guy that likes to watch 10 replays of a 1 yard run to see if can I spot what went wrong lol.

I honestly don't care who does the radio commentating as long as they're Redskins fans and can get you pumped it. Something similar to the Capitals radio guy, Steve Kolbe. Whenever a breakaway happens, power play etc, he really gets you pumped up, gets the adrenaline rushing. I don't always feel like Larry does that for me, but I can also admit Frank didn't either. I think the main reason people dislike Larry is because of RedskinsNation. That's where he talks down on the fans not approving. You have to remember though, that show is produced by the Redskins, he could be fired for saying the wrong thing.

I think it's hilarious with Sonny and Sam on the radio, especially when Sam slips. I remember Sam saying something about, "he definitely was in," Sonny replied, "Sam you're 100 yards away from the thing how would you know?" Things like that always made me crack up and I love hearing it on the radio.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.