• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

If you had to pick one, which free agent do you bring to D.C.?

If you had to pick one, which free agent do you bring to D.C.?

• Julius Peppers

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • LaDainian Tomlinson

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Thomas Jones

• Terrell Owens

• Antrel Rolle (assuming he's let go)

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • Brian Westbrook

• Darren Sproles

Votes: 5 26.3%
  • Antonio Pierce

• Other

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Nobody.

Votes: 2 10.5%

• Total voters
I think if I had to pick one, I'd have to pick Sproles for the same reason Neo would pick Rolle - the ability to fill two positions.

I think Sproles would continue to be that 3rd down scat back like he was in SD, but he could probably be a starter if he had to. He's excellent out of the backfield as a receiver as well and is surprisingly good near the goal line.

More importantly, he's the kick returner we never got in ARE. Last year, we were God awful returning kicks and an offense that struggled like we did really could have used an occasional big play in that department.

We didn't have a single kick off or punt returned for TD (tied for last in the NFL), had only 1 kickoff go for more than 40 (tied for last as well), averaged only 21.7 yards per kick return (24th), 4.8 yards per punt return (30th) while also fumbling 6 times during punt returns (3rd most).

In a word, BAD.

And on a side note, 20 posts and not one mention of Julius Peppers? What's wrong with you people? :)

I could see Sproles being the next Joe Washington for us. Not an everydown back, but used in so many other ways.

Ooh, I forgot about Dansby. I wouldn't mind seeing him on the strong side opposite Rocky. He'd bring the fire and intensity back to the D we've been missing since Marcus left.

Well the thing i like about Dansby is that he's versitle enough to play ALL LB positions in either the 3-4 or 4-3. If they signed him i think he should be the other ILB next to Fletch.

Another guy I wouldn't mind going after is Dunta Robinson. But that might be too much to ask at this point.

I picked other for Dansby as well. I think he would fit great next to Fletcher. With the 3-4 coming, we need all of the quality LB's we can get. This would fill a huge hole that we are going to have.

I read that Cardinals have a good chance of re-signing Rolle after he gets cut. But, we do have to do something about that FS position. Landry just does not cut it.

I am hoping that Shanny thinks he can solve Alridge's fumbling problems. If so, this will halp save a draft pick, or money in FA. I have never coached, but it does not seem that difficult to get a guy to stop fumbling. It has been done before.

But, we do have to do something about that FS position. Landry just does not cut it.
Just read that Ryan Clark might not get resigned in Pittsburgh. Always thought he got a bit of an unfair deal here. Anyone who brings their kids to the park so they can watch tape and still be a dad deserves every shot we can afford to give him, and the fact that he's been solid starter for an elite defense tells me he's more than capable.

Then again, I still have nightmares of LT trucking him in overtime that one year.

Just read that Ryan Clark might not get resigned in Pittsburgh. Always thought he got a bit of an unfair deal here. Anyone who brings their kids to the park so they can watch tape and still be a dad deserves every shot we can afford to give him, and the fact that he's been solid starter for an elite defense tells me he's more than capable.

I agree, that I don't think he got a fair deal here. I am kind of mixed on him coming back. I just don't know if he is going to have that great of future. He is someone that I thought always outplayed their ability. I just don't see him lasting too much longer.

Of course this is just feelings and speculation. Although, I would rather have him than Rolle as long as we don't play in Denver.

Sproles, running game has been bad as of late, plus on third down he's a huge threat.

Then again, I still have nightmares of LT trucking him in overtime that one year.

Except that he is really more of a SS. The Hair plays the FS in that defense, if I am not mistaken.

We sort of have the market on Strong Safeties cornered at the moment, as it is.

Another guy I wouldn't mind going after is Dunta Robinson. But that might be too much to ask at this point.

A problem with Dunta Robinson is INTs-he just doesn't get very many. From 2005 through 2008 he had a grand total of 7 and none last season. Given the emphasis Jim Haslett has apparently placed on increasing the number of takeaways, that seems to work against Robinson's chances of coming here.

If you bring in Dansby, where does that leave McIntosh? We also have Alexander switching, plus Orakpo, Blades, Wilson, and Fletcher. So who is odd man out?

McIntosh is going to be a restricted free agent isn't he? Along with Carlos, doughty, and Golston. I don't think that there is any guarantee that he is going to be here.

I know Alexander has a high motor and he is versatile, but I am wondering about this switch. Just seems odd.

How many LB's does a 3-4 usually carry? If we are indeed running it, then Carter is going to play LB also, unless he gets moved out of DC.

How many LB's does a 3-4 usually carry? If we are indeed running it, then Carter is going to play LB also, unless he gets moved out of DC.

A quick check of the 2008 Steelers roster (the 1st 3-4 team I could think of) tell me they carried 9 LBs and 7 D-lineman.

Golston, Doughty, and McIntosh just got hit with the 2nd rd tender.

Last edited:
According to news reports we can scratch Sproles. He was given a 1st and 3rd round tender. It was reported he had scheduled visits with us and Eagles.

According to news reports we can scratch Sproles. He was given a 1st and 3rd round tender. It was reported he had scheduled visits with us and Eagles.
Well, crap! I didn't want him anyway! Who knows, maybe with ARE gone, our return game will improve organically.

I guess with Sproles off the menu, I'd have to use the brass ring getting Julius Peppers then. Might as well have a top 5 defense while the entire offense gets rebuilt.

I guess with Sproles off the menu, I'd have to use the brass ring getting Julius Peppers then. Might as well have a top 5 defense while the entire offense gets rebuilt.

Read somewhere that if we sign Peppers then chances are Andre Carter will be voted off the island.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.