• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

If Williams doesn't work out at LT, maybe DE?

• Thread starter Lanky Livingston
  • Start date

Lanky Livingston

Didn't see this posted - great video of Trent Williams coming across the field to tackle Laurinitis after he intercepts Grossman. Huge hustle play, and highlights Williams' athleticism. He may still be struggling to become the LT the Redskins envisioned when they drafted him, but its not due to lack of effort!

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...0/03/gIQAnNNQIL_blog.html?wprss=dc-sports-bog

(The title of this thread is a joke, btw - just in case it isn't obvious :))

Jokes are off limits till the redskins win a superbowl. :)

I am more concerned with the play of Jammal Brown at RT. 5 years and $27M for a 30 year old player whose best days are clearly behind him?

Brown is slow off the ball (compared to what he used to be as an athlete) and seems better suited now to a power rushing game where his limited lateral mobility in pass pro could be shaded by TE or FB help.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

I am more concerned with the play of Jammal Brown at RT. 5 years and $27M for a 30 year old player whose best days are clearly behind him?

Brown is slow off the ball (compared to what he used to be as an athlete) and seems better suited now to a power rushing game where his limited lateral mobility in pass pro could be shaded by TE or FB help.

Eh, 5 years @ $27M are the "imaginary" length & value of the contract. There was only $8.25M guaranteed; and he'll probably only see one or two years of the deal. They needed to keep Brown; I would be completely shocked if we don't replace him in March (FA) or April (draft).

Through 4 games he appears to be the biggest weakness for this offense not playing QB and at times he might even be a bigger weakness. I fully expect the team to drop one of their first 3 draft picks on a RT next spring.

Williams is definitely playing a bit better this year...needs to get the feet moving quicker on the speed rushers. Big boy was definitely hustling on this play

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.