• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

If we don't buy an offensive line this off season.....

Sarge

To protect our combined 2 number 1's and a number two draft pick, I'm going to scream. What we have now blows

Agreed! We need to replace Chester and TurnsTyler...done! Monty can make it through another season or 2 if he has a RG worth a damn! And Trent can cover for Licht for another season if the right side of the line weren't such a SIEVE leaving Monty all by himself in the middle!

What has always amazed me is that you look at this team's history...SuperBowl winning history specifically, and ask...what did those Gibbs teams all have in common?

Why hasn't anyone in this organization today, learned that lesson?

We spend one high pick on LT and dumpster dive on the rest.

It's like we put a 300 hp diesel tractor at LT and then went to Walmart and bought 4 Murray riding mowers and said "that ought to do it".

I just don't know how it's possible. O-Lines are not bought in an offseason. We need like 3 more trent williams :\

I have been saying this all season. This oline gets blown up repeatedly, and it's really starting to take its toll on RG3.

Well, hopefully we'll have QB's to protect when we get to the offseason. I'm seriously worried for their safety, especially with regard to this absurd play calling (I'm referring to the 2nd half of today's crapfest) that appears to be oblivious to the fact that our QB's have NO PROTECTION and NO time to sit in the "pocket" waiting for a long ass play to develop. But hey, let's call that all freaking second half, our o-line's got everything under control.

I can't Like that post enough, K. Despite what I may say in the heat of the moment, Kyle is not an inbred, mouth drooling, moronic excuse of a coach. He's a smart guy. I think. I genuinely can't figure out why he constantly wants to prove he is the smartest guy in the room, trying to outsmart the opposing D-Coordinator.

Reminds me of this:

The princess bride - Battle of the wits - YouTube

Agreed! We need to replace Chester and TurnsTyler...done! Monty can make it through another season or 2 if he has a RG worth a damn! And Trent can cover for Licht for another season if the right side of the line weren't such a SIEVE leaving Monty all by himself in the middle!

I've held my tongue on this guy (Montgomery) forever giving him chances and time...but he's just awful.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk 2

I've held my tongue on this guy (Montgomery) forever giving him chances and time...but he's just awful.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk 2

I was wondering if its all physical or a fair share of mental breakdowns on the line. I mean could Monty be calling the wrong protection schemes or are they just getting outhussled?

Wouldn't mind seeing Lerib take a shot there or G.

Eugene Monroe could be signed as a Turnstyler replacement, as the Jags have Joeckel on the cheap now. Jared Veldeheer is another big name out there at OT. Branden Albert also, but he's going to want to get PAID.

Kevin Boothe and Jon Asamoah are the two best FA guards available - Asamoah is a great fit, but I doubt KC lets him walk.

If I had my choice (obviously dont) I'd rather the o-line get drafted and use the FA spots elsewhere like lb and FS. JMHO that younger guys drafted together would grow tighter as a unit.

Then again we haven't groomed a lineman other than Trent lately. Hell he was ready from the beginning tho.

We have spent a lot of picks on LB, even though next to RB there seem to be more available each offseason than any other position.

First rounders for Kerrigan and Orakpo, fourth rounders for Riley and Robinson, a fifth this year for Brandon Jenkins despite having Jackson come back on the outside.

Meanwhile, no picks for OL this year, but we did take two running backs with the 1600 yard Morris and Helu/Royster capable backups.

BPA? Come on. You won't see Seattle drafting corners in 2014 or the Packers drafting wide receivers.

Wasn't it Montgomery that completely wiffed on an open field block at the goal line when Griffin was scrambling that cost us a TD? (Dallas game)

Almost 300 pound guy felt the need to block a 230 pound guy the way cornerbacks tackle big running backs. That was just embarrassing.

I can't Like that post enough, K. Despite what I may say in the heat of the moment, Kyle is not an inbred, mouth drooling, moronic excuse of a coach. He's a smart guy. I think. I genuinely can't figure out why he constantly wants to prove he is the smartest guy in the room, trying to outsmart the opposing D-Coordinator.
What was going through Kyle's head was EXACTLY what we were talking about during the second half. It was like "hey, let's trick their defense by doing the dumbest thing possible because no one will be prepared that we would do something so stupid. Oh wait, it didn't work? Let's do it again because they'll NEVER guess we'd repeat such a stupid play." I agree, Kyle's not a dumbass, so I don't know what he was thinking or whether his ego got in the way and he thought he could win a shootout against Peyton Manning in the Broncos home stadium or what. My head still hurts.

Buying more linemen won't help UNLESS the team changes the profile of the players they are looking for.

Chris Chester was signed to a 5 year, $20M contract and while he is 6'4 and 315 is a soft player who has trouble anchoring against the pass. That's why Baltimore let him go in free agency and yet we couldn't wait to scoop him up.

More of those kind of signings won't improve this team.

I have nothing against athletic linemen that can get out front and move well laterally to hit their blocks in the run game.

But the priority has to be pass protection for the qb. If a guy can't get off the ball quickly enough (Polumbus) or simply lacks the strength to anchor (Lichtensteiger, Chester), then we need to pass on them.

That's why when I look at guys like Gettis (6'2 and 290) and Compton (6'4 and 308), I see more of the same, rather than improvements.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.