• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

If Snyder Goes, Does it Change Your Perspective?

If Snyder sells, will the name change debacle have been worth it?

• Yes. I can live with a name change if it means the Dan Snyder era is over forever.

Votes: 9 42.9%
  • No. The damage is done and so am I.

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • I'm not sure.

Votes: 8 38.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
London, Rome and Paris have soccer teams that represent the cities. Soccer is the national sport in those countries.

Not like football. Paris doesn'y go ga ga for its soccer teams. There's no "Paris Redskins" equivalent. My mother was French. My grandparents lived in Paris. I was there often. Paris Saint Germains, Ligue 1 has won championships. Good club. And yes, soccer is the sport in most of Europe.

But, what oif Vienna, Copenhagen, Oslo, Bern, Reykjavik and many other capital cities? Many others all over the world. Just noting that the capital city has no special magic. The more likely underlying reason is large urban areas with a sizable tax base/gov't largess to support these massively expensive stadiums that serve the elite while ripping off the average Joe.

Now admittedly I don't know much about it... but didn't the NBA have a hand in forcing Sterling out of the Clippers Franchise for bringing the league into disrepute or something? I seem to remember them banning Sterling from entering any Clippers facility etc. I know the aspects were different, but could the NFL do something similar with Snyder to force him to sell?

Do they have any power over the franchise in respect to how he is bringing the league into disrepute?

just talking to my boy Derek about this.

If Dan goes on top of all of this...yeah, I would probably change my mind.

I would love if they just called us a new franchise. Like an expansion team. Just retire all the Redskins stuff and start fresh.

If they leave Snyder and place and penalize us by taking draft picks - I'm done with the NFL. I'll put that out there right now and I won't reverse course on it.

But that’s the NFL. Penalize the fans and coach but leave the CEO in place and undisturbed.

If they leave Snyder and place and penalize us by taking draft picks - I'm done with the NFL. I'll put that out there right now and I won't reverse course on it.
The Cavaliers are getting better in football, aren't they?

Can I have whatever it is some of you are drinking?

There's photo evidence of a drunk Jerry Jones fondling women in an elevator and video evidence of Robert Kraft at a massage parlor.
Nothing ever happened to them.

And you all think Snyder's getting forced out of the league?

I am skeptical Snyder gets forced out - unless there's more damning stuff down the road. But Jones and Kraft being dirty old men on their own time is not in the same ballpark with widespread sexual harassment at the facility by employees over an extended period. If for no other reason than the NFL has no jurisdiction over private behavior in the first instance, but absolutely does in the second.

So of course right now, the nfl network is showing the 1987 redskins season show. Judt ending

I am skeptical Snyder gets forced out - unless there's more damning stuff down the road. But Jones and Kraft being dirty old men on their own time is not in the same ballpark with widespread sexual harassment at the facility by employees over an extended period. If for no other reason than the NFL has no jurisdiction over private behavior in the first instance, but absolutely does in the second.
Jim Irsay doping on the job didn't get him forced out either.
And they have no problems dropping the hammer on any players that screws up in the offseason(on their own time) either.

Not saying any of it is right but the reality is there's gotta be a hell of a lot more than this to bring it to "force him" out level.

I hear you. You're probably right. You're ignoring Richardson who essentially was forced out - although again, he actually was one of the ones being inappropriate, vs. Snyder, who just lets his whole staff go around groping and harassing with impunity. I also think the environment we are in right now is radically different than anything we've seen previously - so I wouldn't be so certain I know what to expect.

So of course right now, the nfl network is showing the 1987 redskins season show. Judt ending

Did they refer to them as the Washington Football club?

When I was watching earlier, they were talking about Russell Wilson, Patrick Mahomes, and Doug Williams.

When talking about that 1987 team with Doug, that is how they referenced the team. Weren't people telling us they wouldn't erase the Redskins' history?

When I was watching earlier, they were talking about Russell Wilson, Patrick Mahomes, and Doug Williams.

When talking about that 1987 team with Doug, that is how they referenced the team. Weren't people telling us they wouldn't erase the Redskins' history?
"Those things still happened."
" Those Superbowls are NFL History"
"Those great plays still happened"
But if you fail to acknowledge the name of the team that did all those things, don't you cheapen it all?

Be on again tonight later

I haven't really watched much football the past decade, probably since Gibbs retired the 2nd time. I never believed that Shanny was going to win but was actually surprised that he almost did despite the buffoons around or above him. Since then it's been a full on cluster fuck for most of a decade. Now they are being "forced" to change the name despite likely 90% of native Americans liking the name or considering it their team. Many actual fans are like 'eh whatever' because of the team owner and his unending ineptitude.

Would I follow the new Washington team? I don't see why I should. I started watching football at my grandparents house in Hampton VA back in 1980-81 or so. My grandfather was a Redskins fan so back in the 60s my grandmother decided that she was a cowboys fan just to make the football games more interesting and somehow all of their kids were also Turds fans. So one day I'm there, 7-8 years old, the game is about to come on and everybody asks me which team is mine. I didn't want to decide right away. It seemed like an important decision that I might be stuck with. After I was informed that every other person in the room except my grandfather was rooting for the cowturds I picked the Redskins so that he wasn't the only one then we watched the Cowboys win the game.....but we did get revenge in the NFCCG a year or 2 later and won a few Super Bowls until Gibbs got burnt out.

Why should I start over with Dan Snyder's next moronic attempt at pretending to want to win after never believing that he ever would for almost the entire past 20+ years?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.