• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

If Snyder Goes, Does it Change Your Perspective?

If Snyder sells, will the name change debacle have been worth it?

• Yes. I can live with a name change if it means the Dan Snyder era is over forever.

Votes: 9 42.9%
  • No. The damage is done and so am I.

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • I'm not sure.

Votes: 8 38.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Why would the NFL approve a move to another city, by an owner under serious scrutiny? Obviously the DMV has and still can support an NFL team. The location isn't the problem. Ownership and 20 years of ineptitude and mismanagement have emptied the stadium. Get a new owner and fresh start and you will see the stadium fill right back up. I don't see the NFL giving Snyder an escape route like that.

And if the end result of all this isn't Snyder out - I'd prefer him to move the team.

Boone, I agree with your points about ownership and a fresh start. I'm just saying I believe Snyder is a very stubborn man. I just can't believe he will sell the team under any circumstances. I'm also not sure if the nfl could stop him from moving the team. Admittedly I don't really know how that all works, but I remember that Al Davis moved the Raiders to LA against the NFL's wishes.

Consider a few points here. The team has had terrible attendance at home games for years now. The stadium is old. There's been talk of a new stadium for years now, but nothing solid has materialized. Snyder must be tired of being the most hated man in Washington DC. And finally, he really could have solved all of this pretty easily by taking Doc Walker's advice: Change the name to the Warriors, keep the burgundy and gold colors, put a feather or a maybe the spear back on the helmet, and it would have basically been the same team. For some reason, he instead has been very cryptic about his intentions. I'm just saying he seems more like the "I'm taking my toys and leaving" kinda guy than a "this team deserves batter than me" kinda guy.

I think currently you have to have majority approval of kind to move a franchise. Open to being wrong.

So any bets on how long til Bezos is announced as new owner?

Yeah I don't know either, but I've got to think he's at least thought about it. Maybe he wants that fresh start you mentioned, but instead of it being without him, it would be without us. Or maybe he's more interested in have sex and drugs parties with the cheerleaders and players like mentioned in the other thread. These next few days should be interesting...

Well that’s the point Modell reached in Cleveland.

He was so hated BEFORE he moved the team.

I remember a guy getting arrested for peeing on Modell’s grave marker.

That’s pretty good hate.

Article 4.3 requires prior approval by the affirmative vote of three-fourths of the member clubs before a club may transfer its franchise or playing site to a different city either within or outside its existing home territory.

They won’t leave the DC market without an NFL team.

Even if Snyder is forced to move they would have to plan for an expansion team, the market is just too prominent.

As baseball finally realized not having a team in the capital city tarnishes the sport.

Go around the world. What major cities don’t have a team representing their major sport or sports?

Not many.

Like I said - if that were the only way to rid ourselves of him, I'm down with it. But again - what possible rationale would there be for other owners to approve? Attendance? Everyone knows there's only one reason attendance is terrible. And moving isn't going to change that. They'll move Snyder on before they ever move the team, guarantee it.

But an expansion franchise in DC gives the owners $1B plus in fees.

Owners make out with new team in DC and Snyder moving to Portland or San Antonio, etc.

They won’t leave the DC market without an NFL team.

Even if Snyder is forced to move they would have to plan for an expansion team, the market is just too prominent.

As baseball finally realized not having a team in the capital city tarnishes the sport.

Go around the world. What major cities don’t have a team representing their major sport or sports?

Not many.

London? Paris? Vienna? Brussels?

Who won't leave the DC market unblessed without a football team? Maybe five eyars ago. Not so much now. Remember....there is no history to replace.

But an expansion franchise in DC gives the owners $1B plus in fees.

Owners make out with new team in DC and Snyder moving to Portland or San Antonio, etc.

This presupposes that Portland or San Antonio would take this dumpster fire off our hands. If you were on a city council could you justify shelling out big bucks for this circus (and it would take big bucks in the form of a stadium and land for a training complex).

You don't need to move the Redskins to add an expansion team though, right? It's hard to know how serious whatever is coming out is, and how directly it's tied to Snyder (although for me, he's culpable for just about anything that goes on in his organization). But in today's 'culture', if it's sexual harassment and misconduct, I don't think he'll survive. Folks are comparing it to Kraft, but Kraft's indiscretions were outside of the organization, gross maybe, but totally different from harassment of employees or allowing harassment/improprieties on site.

Portland! That would be funny as all get out if that is where Snyder ended up. If I recall, Bozos tried to rifle through preferred candidates (i.e., candidates who did not support increased taxes on the wealthy) in Washington using PAC moneys. Yes...Portland is in ORE. Same crazy part of the country.

Anyone can handle PR when things are rosy. The question is, how do you handle the bad situations. Also, do you learn from past mistakes in PR? When a bad situation gets worse due to poor PR management, do you learn and when the next one comes along, learn how to avoid the same mistakes again?

Easy example: Bob Kraft with the Patriots. The PR fallout from some of the stuff that has happened with him, from the Aaron Hernandez mess to the massage parlor fiasco... but he has escaped with as little damage as I can imagine due to good PR management. Yes, of course, it helps to have a winning team, but I am pretty sure he would handle it similarly and escape in a similar way under different circumstances.

I mean, even that simple line makes them sound absurd. They are upset about speculation? What do you expect? A well run organization would be unsurprised, and furthermore would be prepared for this eventuality. Even if they are (which I doubt) and this is a smokescreen, it makes them look foolish. They just continue to have no basis in reality.
it helps that Kraft is in general well liked, that hernandez being a murderer wasn't really on the team, and the whole call girl thing is probbaly happening with the majority of the owners lol

Thanks Bulldog this is along the lines of what I was thinking. I know the league wants to continue to add expansion teams. I also read somewhere that St. Louis very much wants another nfl team. Anyways it was just a thought. It just seems like Snyder is up to something to me.

London, Rome and Paris have soccer teams that represent the cities. Soccer is the national sport in those countries.

it helps that Kraft is in general well liked, that hernandez being a murderer wasn't really on the team, and the whole call girl thing is probbaly happening with the majority of the owners lol
Hernandez was troubled, and a lot of teams knew it. He fell in the draft because of it, as I recall. The Patriots have the arrogance to think they can solve any personal problem and take gambles with players anytime, because either they will let the player go fast enough before he can tarnish the image of the team (and they will do damage control), or he will be a steal because they got a good deal with someone who other teams were scared to take. So it was with Hernandez, Haynesworth, AB... it's not a short list.

Kraft is well liked in general I think; I mean, I think from a PR standpoint, they do well there, but he also brings in good $ for his fellow owners, and he does things the fans like (even on top of winning a lot). So, that goes over well with many groups.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.