• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

If McNabb Somehow Needed Even More Motivation Than Being Dumped By The Fecals....

Yusuf06

The Starter
Reaction score
Now we've got FOUR games with bulletin board smack talk potential...before the pre-season even starts. Way to go dude!! Thanks Jerruh!! :)

Jerry Jones: Fecals more consistent without McNabb

ARLINGTON, Texas -- Everybody’s got an opinion on how the departure of Donovan McNabb will affect the Eagles . That includes Cowboys owner Jerry Jones.

During a Tuesday night interview with him...Jones said he thinks the Eagles won’t be as much a Jekyll-and-Hyde team with Kevin Kolb at quarterback as they were with the streaky McNabb....

``McNabb helped create those big swings in our games over the last 10 years,’’ Jones said. ``When he played well, it was like throwing the knockout punch. When he didn’t, you were able to throw the knockout punch.

``I don’t see that now (with Kolb). I think Kolb and the way they’re going about it now, you won’t have those big swings one way or the other. I think every game with them is going to be a battle. Because of Kolb and because the makeup of the rest of their team is solid. And their coach, there is not a better coach in the NFL than Andy (Reid).’’

Good point. And with Tub Of Lard making a fan take off his McNabb Redskins jersey today, that just adds more to it.

Ok Coughlin/Giants - your turn! :D

Can't wait to see how Jerry explains this during the week preceeding our game.

Jerry's right. The Eagles may be more consistent under Kolb.

Thing is, consistent doesn't necessarily equate to better. Me, I'll take a mercurial guy who has the magic to catch a wave and take you to the mountaintop over a guy consistent guy who can reliably deliver you halfway there.

Thing is, consistent doesn't necessarily equate to better.

Yep

another spin on Jerry's comments

"when McNabb had it going, they were unbeatable and not so much when McNabb was off. Kolb's consistency will make each game a battle but either side can win"

I agree [insert variation of your magical fun guy catches wave to mountaintop thingy] is better.

I really don't care what Jerruh says about anything. He is the owner of the Dallas Cowturds. I hate them therefore I hate him! I cannot wait until the 1st game of the season!!! I have a feeling the Cowpoops are going to get beat up handily.

Oh no! So much for my guarded optimism! Super Bowl here we come!!! :insane: :help:

Last edited:
I personally think it's more Reid than Mcnabb in the Eagles' consistent failure to win it all. Reid's clock management skills and clutch play calling in critical situations have been frequently questioned over the years.

I'm cetainly gratified that DM has replaced JC. The Skins are better for it. That said...

1) JJ has made a correct observation. And we all know that if Donovan suffers multiple down games this season part of the fanbase will be all over him. Good games or not.

2) JJ has no idea how Kolb will play. The guy has played all of 2 games!

btw...the Iggles were clearly beatable. THEY NEVER WON THE BIG ONE...only got there once over a decade. That may be better than the Skins...but the end result was ALWAYS the same.

fs62...the results were not the same. Your narrow definition of same result is inaccurate. Yes, a Super Bowl victory is the goal, but a Super Bowl win does not mean it was not a productive or even respectable season.

I use the word respect because that is what the Redskins have been lacking for over a decade, even with the return of our hero Coach Gibbs. The Eagles are one of the most respected teams in the league and have been for a decade without a Super Bowl victory. That is a different result.

Are they complete without a Super Bowl victory, probably not, but they have had different results for the last decade than we have.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.