• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Ian Rapaport: Keenan Robinson Torn Pec--Out For The Year

Lousy luck for a guy who was supposed to eventually take over for London Fletcher. Like Carriker, it will be hard to keep a guy around who missed two years in a row. Robinson is younger and cheaper but two years is a LOT of missed time. I feel bad for him but it wouldn't surprise me to see the team offer him an injury settlement and move on.

Torn pecs seem to be the new hamstring injury in the NFL.

The Redskins are going to put him on IR I assume. We don't want to give up on a fourth pick who is only 23.

So, how is the medical staff responsible for this injury?

Is the SF staff suspect because their receivers seem to get hurt all the time?

3 Pec injuries to 2 linebackers in the span of less than 1 calendar year, and that's just part of the story.
We seem to have suspicious recurring injury problems, beyond what the average team has.

So, how is the medical staff responsible for this injury?

Is the SF staff suspect because their receivers seem to get hurt all the time?

I don't see it either, BT. I can somewhat see the argument for the Orakpo injury, as he had injured it previously, but this is a "new" injury as far as I know.

I think players are getting bigger and faster, and even the most finely-tuned athlete's muscles are not strong enough to arm-tackle someone anymore. These 225-250lb RBs and FBs are able to deftly switch directions in the blink of an eye, causing more and more arm-tackles and torn pecs. We're seeing torn pectorals and biceps across the league these days, not just in DC - its a growing problem (as I referred to in my post above). There is nothing the training staff could have done to prevent this.

3 Pec injuries to 2 linebackers in the span of less than 1 calendar year, and that's just part of the story.
We seem to have suspicious recurring injury problems, beyond what the average team has.

Plus it's a brand new strength and conditioning staff this year so that theory doesn't work. Players are just getting too big too fast for their individual frames, at least that's my theory.

Most of us don't track NFL team rosters other than well-known starters so its likely they have just as many injuries over the years as we do. We're just not as excruciatingly aware of them as we are when they occur to our players.

What the heck is up with pec tears these days???

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.