• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

I blame the danny......again

Sarge

Shocking, I know. But I have to wonder if he'd had let vinny ride for two more games, then cleaned house, if we'd have been blown away like we were last night?

Don't get me wrong, I'm as happy if not happier than most that ol Bug Eyes is gone. Should have happened long ago. But the Allen move has evidently been in the works for awhile. He wasn't going anywhere that I know of. Could hte danny have waited three more games to stir the pot.....again?

My thing is the sooner Vinny was gone the better.

I'll take last nights loss knowing the Bruce saw firsthand what kind of job he has to do

Could he not have been a guest of the danny? The team might, just might, have played a little better.

Not that it matters in the overall scheme of things, but it's just one more danny caused circus during the season.

Could he not have been a guest of the danny? The team might, just might, have played a little better.

Not that it matters in the overall scheme of things, but it's just one more danny caused circus during the season.

I agree there. This organization is focused on so many other things, because of the owner, that they forget about the actual football games

Hopefully Bruce changes this

im quite pleased with last nights results...bruce got to see first hand which players wil play for pride, and which have quit.

If this team falls apart over some news reports and more drama after being exposed to it frequently since the Cutler debacle, then that's on them.

They should be used to it by now.

Plus, they looked like this during most of the season until the 2nd half of the Falcons game.....and Vinny was here.

It's on the coaches and players not just Snyder....although everything was set in motion by the actions of Snyder/Cerrato.

I'm just happy Allen got to see how bad this team really is.

I understand where you’re coming from Sarge but a win at this stage does us no good in the big picture. All winning out would do is muddy the waters needlessly.

Let’s keep the big picture in mind:

- We now have a GM who can figure out what he’s got in person rather than just watching film. He can examine players, coaches and even schemes in an official manor, not in some cloak-and-dagger capacity.
- This puts us in a higher draft slot. I don’t like this reason either, but it’s a fact.
- There will be no second thoughts about Zorn and keeping him around.
- There will be no second thoughts about “the team Vinny made” finishing the season strong.

The loss pissed me off as much as much as anyone, but at the end of the day I just have to let it go, along with the rest of this season. The Dallas game this weekend is the only game that has any meaning to me this season. I’d like to see them beat Dallas for pride sake but I’m not counting on it. At this point I just want this season to be over so we can start fixing this mess.

Shocking, I know. But I have to wonder if he'd had let vinny ride for two more games, then cleaned house, if we'd have been blown away like we were last night?

Don't get me wrong, I'm as happy if not happier than most that ol Bug Eyes is gone. Should have happened long ago. But the Allen move has evidently been in the works for awhile. He wasn't going anywhere that I know of. Could hte danny have waited three more games to stir the pot.....again?
Maybe he wanted to, but Vinny actually DID resign.

Oh wait, that's right. Snyder is the debil.

Carry on.

I agree that the Vinnie circus was probably a sizable contributor to the Redskins' flatness last night. That said, I'm still glad he's gone earlier rather than later.

I hate to drop it on people but THESE GAMES ARE MEANINGLESS!

The only thing winning these last games does is drop our draft position and put us on the outside looking in when it comes to acquiring a franchise tackle, quarterback or running back.

Who cares if we beat San Diego?

No one is going to care if the team finishes 4-12 instead of 5-11 or 6-10.

The point is the team needs to be overhauled and the Giants game finally showed all the warts on this team for the new GM and the broader public to see.

The offensive line needs FOUR new starters for 2010. And that doesn't mean seeing 34 year old Randy Thomas or 32 year old Chris Samuels playing with a potential threatening injury.

We need NEW blood.

Of the current starting 5 only Dockery should be back in 2010.

Rabach at 32 is over the hill. He is undersized at 289 and has been ineffective for the past couple of seasons trying to battle guys that are 330 in the middle.

Mike Williams and Stephon Heyer simply don't belong in the NFL. Heyer has regressed from where he was in 2007 if that is possible.

Levi Jones, a starter for 7 years in the NFL, will be 30 years old. He is out of shape but is a player that with a chance to get in condition and compete in the offseason could be a depth player here at OT.

But the word is that he wants to start in 2010. Based on his body of work playing 20 pounds out of shape in 2009, he isn't going to get that chance anywhere in the NFL in my humble opinion.

Your assessment of the line is spot on. Now, if the others (Dockery aside) want to come to camp and compete to be depth, then that's fine. Otherwise, I want a whole new line there next year.

Don't blame Snyder for Monday night. First, the players know they are auditioning for jobs and should have given more effort.

Their play says they want a paycheck first and foremost. You could see the effort of those than really care.

I was really disappointed in the coaches, especially our defensive staff. We're much better than we showed. Hope our new coaches use these guys in right way and get them organized.

Have to agree with the speculation that the coaches quit.

Mike Williams and Stephon Heyer simply don't belong in the NFL. Heyer has regressed from where he was in 2007 if that is possible.

I disagree here - I think Big Mike is good enough to be depth at guard. Plus, we got him really cheap...and in a pinch he can play tackle, and although that would definitely not be a long-term solution, his versatility is a plus, IMO.

I agree with you about Heyer though...its unfortunate after he had such a promising rookie year. He seems to have regressed.

i,m with you in terms of the games being meaningless and this sunday doesn,t change that for me either even if it,s the boys coming to town cause i want bruce allen to continue to evaluate the roster and plot trade possiblities with some of the players we currently have.so i wish bruce was brought in even sooner but i,m thrilled that vinny cerrato is now gone and we finally have a GM that can and will make the necessary decisions so this mess can be cleaned up in the right way...again when we play the boyz and the chargers the players now know they are being evaluated for the future.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.